Add One Player Theoretical, To Put us Over The Top

16 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

On offense, 1. Wyatt Teller, 2. Derrick Henry

We need a mauling guard and/or a powerful back to bring balance to the offense.

On defense, 1. Linval Joseph or Brandon Williams 2. Khalil Mack

This is not to piss on Donald, who may be the best 3-tech DT ever. Only reason Donald is not there is because we have Ed Oliver. What we need to free Oliver is a stout (330 lbs stout) one-tech 4-3 DT who can thrive in McD’s system. Hence the non glamorous suggestions of Joseph or Williams. MACK NEEDS NO EXPLANATION.

Brilliant. That is outa the box thinking!! Weaken the opposition.

If you Had to pick one player in the entire NFL on offence to get us over the edge, your choice would be Wyatt teller?

• Haha (+1) 2

I haven’t looked through this thread thoroughly, but early on I noticed no one was really referencing a another lights out receiver.

I can’t help but think that with another Stefon or better (if that exists) this offense would be historically record setting, regardless of everything else.

Yes, you can spread the ball around a lot.  Yes, each of those gentlemen can catch 8 plus balls a game. 

my problem is I am not sure who I would choose of the other 4 great WR in the game.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No Kahalil Mack posts yet. 24 months ago he would have dominated this thread. Still a great player but agree Young, Bosa, and Watt are the most dynamic pass rushers now

I’d say Mack still belongs at the top of that list.  Garrett definitely belongs on it too.  Those are the top 5 IMO. 

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I haven’t looked through this thread thoroughly, but early on I noticed no one was really referencing a another lights out receiver.

I can’t help but think that with another Stefan or better (if that exists) this offense would be historically record setting, regardless of everything else.

Yes, you can spread the ball around a lot.  Yes, each of those gentlemen can catch 8 plus balls a game. 

my problem is I am not sure who I would choose of the other 4 great WR in the game.

I’d go Donald (no cap considerations) but a stud WR like Hopkins would make a lot of sense too.  How filthy would our WR corps be with him, Diggs and Beasley on the field together?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I can’t help but think that with another Stefan or better (if that exists) this offense would be historically record setting, regardless of everything else.

Tyreek would put this team over the top too.  Hopkins is awesome, but his skill set is more similar to Diggs, so im taking the home run threat

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Too expensive.  If you went with a WR I'd go with Justin Jefferson.

The way the question was phrased, it was like salary didn't matter. I just saw Allen Robinson's injury history. I'll go with your guy. I don't know rosters anymore. Just go with WRs. Can't get enough of them.

19 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

That Jeff Wright move had to be the worst decision ever for a championship team. Smerlas was still solid.  I loved big old Teddy.

Smerlas was one of the bad locker room guys that caused problems for the Bickering Bills.  It was his off the field nonsense that caused Marv to want him off the team.  Now the Bills said they didn't want to lose him when they exposed him to Plan B free agency, but that really wasn't true otherwise he wouldn't have been on Plan B to begin with.   

Edited by Albany,n.y.

Albany, I know and remember.  Polian should’ve found a way to sequester him, and get him to go along.  He was worth an extra two years, and if not should’ve replaced him with another Fred or Washington later, not Wright.  You don’t select and undersized 3-4 nose tackle on that day.  It was a bad call.

3 hours ago, beavis said:

The way the question was phrased, it was like salary didn't matter. I just saw Allen Robinson's injury history. I'll go with your guy. I don't know rosters anymore. Just go with WRs. Can't get enough of them.

Hell, if salary didn't matter give me Hopkins or Adams.  LOL.

10 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

If you Had to pick one player in the entire NFL on offence to get us over the edge, your choice would be Wyatt teller?

Yes. I wanted to pick one of Teller, Quentin Nelson, Joe Thuney or ZackMartin, who in my view, are the top 4 offensive guards in the league.

Chubb / Hunt don’t really get the yards on their own - many of their big runs have come behind Teller. And that is what this team needs on offense - someone to open holes for the RBs.

Don’t think less of Teller since he was just our 5th round pick and we let him go. He IS the MVP of Cleveland’s running game. You do know he was All-Pro in 2020, right?

I know he is not the most glamorous name - but - just exaggerating to make the point -

Do you think a more glamorous name like a DeAndre Hopkins would help more than Teller? There is only one ball and only so many passes Allen can throw - the incremental benefit from some of the glamorous names to our roster will be way less than these unglamorous names, IMO. On offense, our priority has to be to upgrade the run game.

see the 10th name on this list 

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-10-nfl-mvp-candidates-russell-wilson-leads-field

Edited by IgotBILLStopay