Training Camp Darling Kumerow---did he even show up yesterday?

Big Turk

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Saw him in the game a few times in the huddle but I don't remember a single play he made.  No catches...even mainstays like Quinton Morris and Lance Lenoir had a catch in the game...granted they ran the ball a lot more in the beginning, but it would have been nice to see him carry over his training camp heroics into actual game action.

Maybe because Trubisky threw it twice?  It was the first pre-season game.  LOL!

Edited by Azucho98

3 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

I agree he wasn’t targeted on either of the pass attempts he was in the game for. Cut him. 

Maybe...Kumerow was in the game on those 11 snaps of the first 2 drives because they wanted to look at his downfield RUN BLOCKING

And since we ran for like 51 yds on those 2 drives (including a 15 yd run called back for a holding penalty on Hart).....maybe he Did His Job.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Saw him in the game a few times in the huddle but I don't remember a single play he made.  No catches...even mainstays like Quinton Morris and Lance Lenoir had a catch in the game...granted they ran the ball a lot more in the beginning, but it would have been nice to see him carry over his training camp heroics into actual game action.

Mods, shouldn't this be in the "Overreaction Saturday" thread?

I do find it surprising that a journeyman who has never really been a major contributor or even had a great regular season game that I’m aware of has become such a “lock” to make the team that he doesn’t even have to play in early preseason games.

Edited by vincec
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, vincec said:

I do find it surprising that a journeyman who has never really been a major contributor or even had a great regular season game that I’m aware of has become such a “lock” to make the team that he doesn’t even have to play in early preseason games.

I mean considering the praise Roger's has given him it's not like it just fell out of the sky.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Speaking of high-motor lunch-pailers, what did Tanner Gentry do? 

Saw 23 snaps (38%) from Drive 3 to the end of the game.  Played in the slot.  Split snaps there with Brandon Powell, who was 3 receptions on 4 targets for 14 yds.

Gentry was 0 for 1. 

Can't tell you if that's 'cuz he wasn't getting open, or just wasn't getting targeted by Webb/Fromm