Brandon Beane on Pat Mcafee show

• 17islongenough changed the title to [Name Only Title] Brandon Beane on Pat Mcafee show
1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

“No one talks about how cold it is to play in Green Bay, and they didn’t say it about Buffalo when Jim Kelly was here—having a franchise QB makes your team attractive to FA’s…” Bingo. 

Yeah, it's only an issue for bad teams. Glad we're over that.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

“No one talks about how cold it is to play in Green Bay, and they didn’t say it about Buffalo when Jim Kelly was here—having a franchise QB makes your team attractive to FA’s…” Bingo. 

Green Bay is on average far far colder than Buffalo.

Buffalo isn't normally that cold, we just get a lot more snow.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Minnesota is WAY colder than Buffalo, too. Yeah, it's just the crazy amounts of snow Buffalo gets.

Also liked how Beane described his mindset of never resting on the roster, saying to the effect that when people tune out of preseason games in the 3rd-4th quarters, he’s tuning in to see how their 5th or 6th option at linebacker for example stacks up to our own 5th or 6th deep, and would they be better or not, or a ST ace, etc., so constantly looking for even incremental improvement anywhere possible. 

aren't we lucky to have such a sound mind for a GM.  Love the way he explains his position and how he runs the office.

Kind of like players talking of McDermott is always consistent in his approach and how he carries himself (something I took personal for myself to use managing folks in my industry)

We finally got a situation that is definitely ideal for a Coach/GM pairing. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Fun fact, it can easily get TOO cold to snow.  Frequent/plentiful snow is indicative of milder by comparison winters.

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Love McAfee. Beane is the man. I struggle because I can usually find at least one negative about a Bills GM or head coach given the last 20 years but…cant right now. 

You the great JoPoy can’t find a negative? 🦬😂.  Just kidding bud.  Too easy.  I like Macafee as well, and I can’t think of one critical thing I can say about Beane.  If you really try, someone can say McD was too conservative in this play or too aggressive on that play, but even there it’s a reach for me.  He’s been such a good coach for the last 5 years.  

It’s easy to find fault, but they just ascend in every way a team can ascend where I just do not believe they will regress as some are stating.  I know it will be a fight, but we are one opponent away from the promised land in the Chiefs.  We can beat any other team in the AFC.  I’m not saying we’ll beat all of them and have an undefeated season, I just mean there is no team that worries me we do not possess the talent to beat them.  Until we beat the Chiefs, we haven’t.

Good take JoPoy.  Someday you’ll have to tell us why you picked that name.  Mine is as simple a fourth grader could figure out.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

You the great JoPoy can’t find a negative? 🦬😂.  Just kidding bud.  Too easy.  I like Macafee as well, and I can’t think of one critical thing I can say about Beane.  If you really try, someone can say McD was too conservative in this play or too aggressive on that play, but even there it’s a reach for me.  He’s been such a good coach for the last 5 years.  

It’s easy to find fault, but they just ascend in every way a team can ascend where I just do not believe they will regress as some are stating.  I know it will be a fight, but we are one opponent away from the promised land in the Chiefs.  We can beat any other team in the AFC.  I’m not saying we’ll beat all of them and have an undefeated season, I just mean there is no team that worries me we do not possess the talent to beat them.  Until we beat the Chiefs, we haven’t.

Good take JoPoy.  Someday you’ll have to tell us why you picked that name.  Mine is as simple a fourth grader could figure out.

haha yes. Couldn’t have said it better. It’s just a relief listening to interviews like this Beane one and then thinking…yeah, seems like he knows what he’s doing.  May seem like a small positive but as you know, wasn’t a guarantee around here for a looong time.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Fun fact, it can easily get TOO cold to snow.  Frequent/plentiful snow is indicative of milder by comparison winters.

Yeah, when it gets really cold, the air doesn't hold as much moisture and the snowflakes are very small.

16 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Ultimately it sucks to get your butt kicked. It’s demoralizing to get your but kicked and know that in a few weeks you’ll start to get it kicked in miserable weather.

winning cures everything 

• Like (+1) 1

Remember when half the board were crying about how the Bills traded away Sammy Watkins and Dareus and cut the legendary JAG Jonathan Williams.  And then drafting of Josh Allen?

Good times

Edited by Magox

14 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I love McAfee.  He is the unfiltered interviewer.  He gives you a player's perspective and drops an occassional F-bomb too..

4 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Actually this is not correct according to science

"While it can be too warm to snow, it cannot be too cold to snow. Snow can occur even at incredibly low temperatures as long as there is some source of moisture and some way to lift or cool the air. It is true, however, that most heavy snowfalls occur when there is relatively warm air near the ground—typically -9 degrees Celsius (15 degrees Fahrenheit) or warmer—since warmer air can hold more water vapor"