Training Camp practice 8/2

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Reminds me of the media reports back in 1990; the same reports of the ball never hitting the ground in practice. 

If this team can manage the weight of raised expectations, watch out. 

Expectations last year were pretty high (not as high as this year admittedly), and they responded really well to being the favorites to win the division.  I feel good they can rise to the challenge again.

• Like (+1) 3

This offense is going to make a lot Defenses look silly. 

It’s not like it’s completely out of left field, they did it last year too. 

All this is telling me about the team is that we have a truly elite offense and a middling defense. Which shouldn’t be too shocking to anyone following the team. The good thing is we have a lot of younger guys on that d line that should get better with time. Not to mention Star’s been off for a year, and Efe’s new. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Expectations last year were pretty high (not as high as this year admittedly), and they responded really well to being the favorites to win the division.  I feel good they can rise to the challenge again.

Remember when Holmgren and GB kept losing in the playoffs until they didn’t. Same thing with P Manning.

Losing the AFC Championship game was a steppingstone AND and a lesson.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Remember when Holmgren and GB kept losing in the playoffs until they didn’t. Same thing with P Manning.

Losing the AFC Championship game was a steppingstone AND and a lesson.

Andy Reid too

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Gambit said:

Seems like Davis has had some drop issues this camp.

I was at camp on Saturday, despite Diggs and Sanders both having veteran rest days I only saw Davis get one target and Wallace had him locked down on that route so it fell incomplete. We should be prepared for the possibility that he takes a step back in his 2nd year. It happens to some players.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Seems like Davis has had some drop issues this camp.

Oh no, Davis off to WR University?😎

6 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Very exciting to see these type of reports so often! Different level of excitement now that we're in August and so close. 

Oh my goodness!!

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Damn it's going to be beyond exciting to watch this team again this season.

Started about last half of last season, but for the first time in many, many years going INTO a season, there's not one team (Ok, except maybe the Chiefs) that doesn't really scare me.  I don't think there's a team out there that the Bills can't play with.  Does that mean they win every game?  Doubtful, but I'm not looking at any games on the schedule and simply writing them off as a loss this year!!!  Man this is gonna be fun no doubt!!!!

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Josh clearly eased up at the end.  😜

48 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

Don't quit your day job Brian!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

This offense is going to make a lot Defenses look silly. 

It’s not like it’s completely out of left field, they did it last year too. 

All this is telling me about the team is that we have a truly elite offense and a middling defense. Which shouldn’t be too shocking to anyone following the team. The good thing is we have a lot of younger guys on that d line that should get better with time. Not to mention Star’s been off for a year, and Efe’s new. 

We also have an elite qb at the reigns, which is playing a part in that. God it feels so good to say that. This defense isnt going to play an elite qb every sunday, i at least expect to be better than we were last year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Blainorama5 said:

Started about last half of last season, but for the first time in many, many years going INTO a season, there's not one team (Ok, except maybe the Chiefs) that doesn't really scare me.  I don't think there's a team out there that the Bills can't play with.  Does that mean they win every game?  Doubtful, but I'm not looking at any games on the schedule and simply writing them off as a loss this year!!!  Man this is gonna be fun no doubt!!!

Agree 100%. This team for sure can beat anyone. Obviously they will need to get over that Chiefs hump, but even with that the Bills can beat any team. And can (very likely will) not only beat teams, but stomping em out kind of beat downs.

I feel confident we will see some games Bills beat the ***** outta teams that will be one sided and win by a lot.

• Agree 2