Training Camp practice 8/2

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I was at camp on Saturday, despite Diggs and Sanders both having veteran rest days I only saw Davis get one target and Wallace had him locked down on that route so it fell incomplete. We should be prepared for the possibility that he takes a step back in his 2nd year. It happens to some players.

I don’t see how he can possibly recover from being locked down on one play in one practice.  Looks like he was a one year wonder.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Agree 100%. This team for sure can beat anyone. Obviously they will need to get over that Chiefs hump, but even with that the Bills can beat any team. And can (very likely will) not only beat teams, but stomping em out kind of beat downs.

I feel confident we will see some games Bills beat the ***** outta teams that will be one sided and win by a lot.

I think that mentality is one they need to keep embracing like they did at the end of the regular season.  Broncos, Patriots (especially them) and the Dolphins.  Once you have your foot on their neck, DON'T let up at all!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don’t see how he can possibly recover from being locked down on one play in one practice.  Looks like he was a one year wonder.

Davis has had a very quiet camp. We've heard more good things about Kumerow at this point. Before camp there were some people on here saying that Davis would end up with more production than Sanders. Right now that idea seems dead in the water.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Davis has had a very quiet camp. We've heard more good things about Kumerow at this point. Before camp there were some people on here saying that Davis would end up with more production than Sanders. Right now that idea seems dead in the water.

Based on what?  Ad hoc reports and snippets?  Now we are supposed to panic?  That’s a joke.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm sure some did say that, haven't come across it yet, but I believe you. Anyways, that's something I would not have predicted. I wouldn't put much stock into it myself, Davis seems like the type that shows it in actual games. Although it was reported he had a great camp last year, regardless we have seen what Davis brings to the table and I see no reason he won't continue to impress.

• Agree 3

One of the things I have come to love as the McDermott years continue is the steadiness I feel getting training camp reports. I still love to hear about the progress, but I no longer freak out over every pass and/or drop. I just see steady, determinate progress and feel confident that we are going back to the playoffs. I don't think I can remember feeling like that as a fan. Maybe back at the end of the Kelly era. I would have been 7 his last year with us.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am really, really looking forward to seeing Davis Webb play in the preseason. The truth is that I have just about no idea how well he is able to play his position in an actual game. But, the role he seems to have engineered for himself on this team is absolutely remarkable-- to the point that more than a few people have opined that if he can't play his position well enough to be the backup, that he should be hired on as a coach. It's hard to quantify what he brings to the team. 

Truly, a remarkable dude. 

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Based on what?  Ad hoc reports and snippets?  Now we are supposed to panic?  That’s a joke.

I'm not panicking. But my expectations for Davis this year have been lowered. I'm admittedly not as high on him as most Bills fans. My opinion is that his production last year was because he was in a good scheme with good receivers drawing attention away from him. If he can't consistently get open he will never be a true top 2 WR.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

If by fans you mean Diggs and Sanders, then I'm drawing what you're drawing

also i believe I saw from that day (7/31) Josh went 15-20 unofficial in 11v11?    I mean I will take 75% any day of the week.

And as you mentioned, WR#1 and WR#2 were on a rest day is more likely the culprit than the crowd.

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not panicking. But my expectations for Davis this year have been lowered. I'm admittedly not as high on him as most Bills fans. My opinion is that his production last year was because he was in a good scheme with good receivers drawing attention away from him. If he can't consistently get open he will never be a true top 2 WR.

What WR's are different from who he played with last year?