Trade Buzzards beginning to circle on Bills veteran Dlinemen Hughes and Addison

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

While I enjoy the descriptive title, it is based on no actual evidence or news. Someone on a fan site suggesting the Bills trade an aging pass-rusher does not equate to a single buzzard. A more apt title would be "Some guy thinks we could trade an older player but both players identified 'wouldn't likely fetch too much for either considering their age and finances at play'." 

The article pick a guy from each of the 32 teams.

• Like (+1) 1

Who would offer a pick for Addison? 

What a bad contract that is.  This guy made 28 million over 7 years in Carolina.  He's already made half that in one year with the Bills.  Another 6 million in salary this year.  

4 hours ago, Heitz said:

This is a full opinion piece, so take it w a grain of salt.  I mean, they needed to put someone on their list - its one player from each team... :beer:

Exactly - the article says "Either should be on the block if the team gets a good vibe from ..." not that either "are"

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

With respect to other teams' assets, I wouldnt mind trading for a safety from the Rams or WFT. Need some depth behind Hyde and Poyer.

No sense trading for safety when they let Dean Marlowe go and he wanted to stay.

He was a very adequate player when called on defense AND he was good on special teams.

If he was on roster defense could have Groot and Baby Groot with their hair.

Jerry is the fabric of this TEAM, He's not going anywhere. Beyond being heartless, it's just not a necessary move. He's on the last year of his deal here. If he want's to play after this season, it will likely be somewhere else, but not this year. Hell no. Don't see it from McBeane. Even looking back at Shady's exit here, no way they handle Jerry like that.  

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Beane has never told a player that if they'd like to stay, they have to take a paycut and even so much as released them. Not even players we didn't even use like Tyler Kroft. No way in hell is he going to say "thanks for taking that paycut to stay with us, made it easier for me to trade you wherever I feel".

This regime puts an emphasis on team building and high morale. I believe a move like that would go against such things.

The only way IMO they would do it is if they told player we do not think you would be starting this year but XXX has interest in you and likely you would if you want.

Addison is going to struggle to make the Bills roster, but I'm not sure how much trade value he has.  At best, maybe a late round pick if a team is feeling the need.  The Bills probably have more trade value in some of their extra offensive guards.

8 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Addison is going to struggle to make the Bills roster, but I'm not sure how much trade value he has.  At best, maybe a late round pick if a team is feeling the need.  The Bills probably have more trade value in some of their extra offensive guards.

He will make the roster. They can't go into the season with 2 rookies and Epenesa opposite Hughes.  Not if they are trying to win it all this year.

• Like (+1) 1

They're both staying as they'll rotate the two kids with the two vets at DE.  McDermott is already salivating at the thought of three young guys competing all year for two roster spots each Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

If someone would take him and give us a pick, this is a no brainer.  I don’t know how much value he has at this point. I’d take a 7th rd pick in 2098 for Addison if Obada looks good in training camp.  Obada, Rousseau, epenesa and Basham (possibly johnson) along with Jerry could move the needle enough. 

Addison led the team in sacks, you know...

Sorry, but Hughes is old and hasn't produced sacks in years. He is a fine player but I would move on from him in a heartbeat if we got a good offer for him. I'd move on from him AND Addison in a heartbeat. I'm ready to let all the younger guys contribute and develop. I don't care about how many "pressures" Hughes gets. He never gets home and he has pissed off the refs to the point that they have blackballed him and never call holding for him. He is an above average player and I'm not sure why everyone is so attached to him and act like he is an elite difference maker. He isn't.

Ask anyone who isn't a Bills fan about Jerry Hughes and they'll say "Who?". Not exactly a guy who is making an impact and turning heads as a pass rusher.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and think he is a good player, but his best years are behind him for sure. He is totally the kind of high priced, old veteran that teams move on from. But truthfully? Nobody is going to offer anything good for him in a trade. Why would they?

1 hour ago, ElMarko said:

Mario Addison had the most tackles for a loss on the Bills D last season. 

And sacks.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who would offer a pick for Addison? 

What a bad contract that is.  This guy made 28 million over 7 years in Carolina.  He's already made half that in one year with the Bills.  Another 6 million in salary this year.  

Well, last off-season Bills fans and sports media were talking about how much they liked the signing of Addison and how it was a good below the radar move. I'm sure you weren't because you hate everything, but most people were. He was averaging nearly 10 sacks a season the previous 4 seasons. So yeah, hindsight is 20/20.

• Eyeroll 1