Voice of the Eagles Merrill Reese: the word is Bills are close to finalizing deal with Zach Ertz

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

There are certain topics that have been "done to death" here recently.  The horse is dead and has been thoroughly beaten and flayed. 

Everybody and his Cat have had more than enough chance to express their personal viewpoint - Over.  and Over.  And Over.  again. 

Every aspect of the situation has been discussed - several times.  Let me say that again:  EVERY ASPECT of the situation has been discussed, several times.

In theory, it should be fine, we should be able to talk about it.  In practice, people tend to lose their temper on these threads, start slinging insults back and forth.  Others get into General Political or Covid discussion, against Scott's pinned request (which is there for good reason). 

It makes work for the Mods who would rather be drinking beer and watching the 'maters grow, or napping.

If you're here long enough to start threads, you know to search before starting new topics, so if you don't already know there have been umpteen Beasley's Tweets and Ertz Trade threads that have all wound up locked for going "off the rails", you should be able to figure it out.

Start a new thread right after another has been locked, Be Very Careful - you take your chances on warnings/suspensions from Mods.

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No "inside information"?  So does he have "outside information", or no information at all and it is a very slow NFL news day?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

No "inside information"?  So does he have "outside information", or no information at all and it is a very slow NFL news day?

He said he has screened in porch information.  Take whatever that means with a grain of salt.

• Haha (+1) 6

Would you rather see Ertz come to Buffalo in a trade, or the Bills grab one of the remaining FAs like Ingram or Sherman?

Just now, junior12thman92 said:

Don't know why we decided to start an all-new thread vs. getting the other one to 100!!

:) 

I concur.

I don’t like this move, I don’t think they will give up much but I’m fine with the TE group the Bills have. For years I have talked about chemistry and the importance of a good locker room. The Bills have now mastered that. 

Ertz and Wentz had a few things hit the media, who knows how much truth there was with any of it but is he worth any risk at this stage of his career?

I’m not buying it. I like the locker room as is. I know some will say Diggs was bashed/teased by some of his former teammates in Minni. Diggs is a monster, he was worth the risk. 

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

I don’t like this move, I don’t think they will give up much but I’m fine with the TE group the Bills have. For years I have talked about chemistry and the importance of a good locker room. The Bills have now mastered that. 

Ertz and Wentz had a few things hit the media, who knows how much truth there was with any of it but is he worth any risk at this stage of his career?

I’m not buying it. I like the locker room as is. I know some will say Diggs was bashed/teased by some of his former teammates in Minni. Diggs is a monster, he was worth the risk. 

The Bills brought in Josh Norman last year.  The chemistry will be fine with Ertz.

• Like (+1) 1