Voice of the Eagles Merrill Reese: the word is Bills are close to finalizing deal with Zach Ertz

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

There are certain topics that have been "done to death" here recently.  The horse is dead and has been thoroughly beaten and flayed. 

Everybody and his Cat have had more than enough chance to express their personal viewpoint - Over.  and Over.  And Over.  again. 

Every aspect of the situation has been discussed - several times.  Let me say that again:  EVERY ASPECT of the situation has been discussed, several times.

In theory, it should be fine, we should be able to talk about it.  In practice, people tend to lose their temper on these threads, start slinging insults back and forth.  Others get into General Political or Covid discussion, against Scott's pinned request (which is there for good reason). 

It makes work for the Mods who would rather be drinking beer and watching the 'maters grow, or napping.

If you're here long enough to start threads, you know to search before starting new topics, so if you don't already know there have been umpteen Beasley's Tweets and Ertz Trade threads that have all wound up locked for going "off the rails", you should be able to figure it out.

Start a new thread right after another has been locked, Be Very Careful - you take your chances on warnings/suspensions from Mods.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Two years including a bunch of time where was out injured or Covid and you're ready to move on.  Allen looked just as bad his  1st two years, probably worse as rookie than Knox looked.  Did you want to move on then to?

Amazes me the number of people who post on message board that can evaluate talent better than full time coaches and GM's!

Well, this is a forum where people discuss each other’s opinions.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Hollister.

SB teams dont RELY on unproven skilled players to finally click.  if it happens great, we now have a better rotation.  the room for error between AFCCG and SB winner is so narrow!  GMs make the moves to put us over the top.  Hollister/Knox are in no way Gronk/Kelce mold players

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who is the best Gene?  I’m going with Gene Wilder.  Johnny Depp was a disgusting Willy Wonka.

ya know...i think i completely agree with you on this.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Two years including a bunch of time where was out injured or Covid and you're ready to move on.  Allen looked just as bad his  1st two years, probably worse as rookie than Knox looked.  Did you want to move on then to?

Amazes me the number of people who post on message board that can evaluate talent better than full time coaches and GM's!

Josh Allen looked as bad first two years?

Well if this trade does go through, that means our coaching staff and GM don’t have confidence in Knox because they’re trading for a #1 tight end….which is the opinion of many of this board.

1 minute ago, teef said:

ya know...i think i completely agree with you on this.

Gene Hackman is my #2.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who is the best Gene?  I’m going with Gene Wilder.  Johnny Depp was a disgusting Willy Wonka.

Gene Simmons, I love me some KISS. I think we can all agree Wilder was the superior Wonka over Depp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Well, this is a forum where people discuss each other’s opinions.

Sure, If you want to say he's struggled, hasn't looked good, etc, that's fine, but when you say "time to move on" you're saying my opinion is I'm smarter than the coaches.

You very well may be right as more players fail than succeed overall, but if we were to move on from every player after 2 years who's struggled, we'd be back to being a bad team again

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ill be honest, I can only name one KISS song and it was overplayed.

But you know the words to every Luke Bryan song, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Does that concern you on some level? 🤷‍♂️

on a number of levels...yes.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Gene Hackman would be my #2. But yeah, Wilder’s definitely #1. 

don't piggy back off my *****.

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Sure, If you want to say he's struggled, hasn't looked good, etc, that's fine, but when you say "time to move on" you're saying my opinion is I'm smarter than the coaches.

You very well may be right as more players fail than succeed overall, but if we were to move on from every player after 2 years who's struggled, we'd be back to being a bad team again

We moved on from Zay Jones after 2 years….did you view that as a mistake?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t even know who that is.  Does he have a fixer upper type show on HGTV?

Yes.  It's called, "Q.ueer Eye for the Georgia Guy."

Edited by Gugny
  • Haha (+1) 1