Jump to content

I keep hearing on this board that Tremaine Edmunds only makes tackles 5+ yards past the L.O.S..🤔


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Enough Said. 👇

 

This is gonna make some folk angry…, 😂 what they gonna do with facts staring them in the eye, Guess who blinks first…, 😁👍

 

Go Bills!!! 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BTB said:

 

According to the website above, Edmunds was only on the top 100 TFL list in 2019 (ties for 12th among linebackers) and was not in the top 37 LBs in 2018 nor the top 38 LBS in 2020.

 

Its hard to believe that adds up to 2nd in TFL or no gain over 3 years unless he had an unrealistic number of tackles for no gain.

 

So did BruceExclusive just make up that stat about Edmunds being 2nd in tackle for losses over 3 years?

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

 

According to the website above, Edmunds was only on the top 100 TFL list in 2019 (ties for 12th among linebackers) and was not in the top 37 LBs in 2018 nor the top 38 LBS in 2020.

 

Its hard to believe that adds up to 2nd in TFL or no gain over 3 years unless he had an unrealistic number of tackles for no gain.

 

So did BruceExclusive just make up that stat about Edmunds being 2nd in tackle for losses over 3 years?

He got it from PFF who has Edmunds as the 24th best LB entering 2021 (Milano was 11th).  https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker-rankings-entering-2021-nfl-season

 

E5Dq443XwAs7wt1?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Bruce Nolan: the anti-PFF...

He got those numbers from PFF.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Enough Said. 👇

 

 

 

The ones who get more wrong regarding Bills than PFF is TSW. 

Something to do with a million monkeys on a million typewriters.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He got it from PFF who has Edmunds as the 24th best LB entering 2021 (Milano was 11th).  https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker-rankings-entering-2021-nfl-season

 

E5Dq443XwAs7wt1?format=jpg&name=900x900

 

 

Its pretty hard to make that consistent with the data on the teamrankings.com website. 

 

Pro Football Reference has Edmunds with 19 TFL loss over the last 3 years while TJ Watt has 42 TFL over the same time.  It's hard to believe that there is not more than a few LBs between 19 and 42.

 

The only outs I see is that PFF includes tackles for no gain (which I doubt makes much difference) or PFF has a lot narrower definition of who's a linebacker than teamrankings.com website.

 

Edit: This is probably it -- they probably regard a guy like TJ Watt as edge rather than outside linebacker.

 

 

 

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

 

 

Its pretty hard to make that consistent with the data on the teamrankings.com website. 

 

Pro Football Reference has Edmunds with 19 TFL loss over the last 3 years while TJ Watt has 42 TFL over the same time.  It's hard to believe that there is not more than a few LBs between 19 and 42.

 

The only outs I see is that PFF includes tackles for no gain or PFF has a lot narrower definition of who's a linebacker.

 

 

 

'Or no gain' literally in the OP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

 

 

Its pretty hard to make that consistent with the data on the teamrankings.com website. 

 

Pro Football Reference has Edmunds with 19 TFL loss over the last 3 years while TJ Watt has 42 TFL over the same time.  It's hard to believe that there is not more than a few LBs between 19 and 42.

 

The only outs I see is that PFF includes tackles for no gain or PFF has a lot narrower definition of who's a linebacker.

 

 

 


 

My guess is this has a lot to do with it.  PFF is most likely excluding pass rusher tackles for loss as that makes a huge difference.  
 

They are probably looking at off the ball inside guys not on the LOS versus outside LBs on the LOS - those players are typically in a grouping of EDGE players now not LBs (OLBs and DEs).  Those guys dominate the PFR reference table provided - guys like Watt, Mack, etc.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Enough Said. 👇

 

Well, I don't think that proves anything.  I wish it did, I surely wish it did.  

 

However, over past three seasons, Edmunds probably played 20% more snaps than whatever linebacker is #2.  He plays every down, every game, except for injury.  (Except maybe Wagner.)  

 

What's percentage of tackles for no gain or for loss measured against total snaps?  Is he still #2?  Or is he #22?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, I don't think that proves anything.  I wish it did, I surely wish it did.  

 

However, over past three seasons, Edmunds probably played 20% more snaps than whatever linebacker is #2.  He plays every down, every game, except for injury.  (Except maybe Wagner.)  

 

What's percentage of tackles for no gain or for loss measured against total snaps?  Is he still #2?  Or is he #22?

I don't know the answer but the only problem going by that metric is Edmunds wouldn't be as "fresh" as the players finishing ahead of him giving them the advantage.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He had one good season and 2 seasons in which he looked like a super talented, young, raw and inexperienced MLB.  He had more tfl in his one good season than he did in his other two seasons combined.  Let’s hope he can take a big step forward after another year of experience and seasoning.  If he does, we’ll probably win the Super Bowl

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Enough Said. 👇

 

 

 

So the Bills DL has been the second best in the NFL at keeping their MLB clean the past 3 years?   Awesome! 😉

 

Statistically, the most likely place for a RB to be tackled on any given play is at the LOS.

 

If you are a volume tackler who is on the field every week for 3 straight seasons that number is going to be high.

 

But comparable off-ball LB's Roquan Smith and Devin White had 18 TFL last year.

 

Tremaine Edmunds had just 4.....which is VERY unimpressive.........over 200 defenders had more.

 

And he only has 19 total TFL in his three year career.

 

TFL + TFNG is just adding a small figure that represents big impact to a BIG number that represents participation.......and then pretending that it's all high impact.

 

The low TFL number is just one of MANY numbers that reflect Edmunds' lack of instinctiveness as an off-ball LB.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Enough Said. 👇

 

IDK? I'm pretty surprised by this. It goes against what my eyes are telling me.....I mean, I really watch.

Im also a Tremaine fan, but I hope he gets better.... a lot better.... I have seen Tremaine wait for the RB to cross the LOS before engaging. Like he was coached to do that. He makes so many tackles downfield it's crazy.

I call shenanigans on this stat.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...