I keep hearing on this board that Tremaine Edmunds only makes tackles 5+ yards past the L.O.S..🤔

On 7/15/2021 at 8:22 AM, John from Riverside said:

Give your pro bowl’s back Edmonds there are certain bills fans That think you’re slightly above average

Keep your pro bowl Tremaine.  They’ll help you get overpaid when your rookie deal is up.  Hopefully you can improve and eventually be worthy of your next contract. As is…….you’re not worth the 15M aav you’re being projected for.  Certainly not based on last years play.  

@John from Riverside Would you be happy if we signed him to a 5 year 75M contract, 37M gtd tomorrow?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Keep your pro bowl Tremaine.  They’ll help you get overpaid when your rookie deal is up.  Hopefully you can improve and eventually be worthy of your next contract. As is…….you’re not worth the 15M aav you’re being projected for.  Certainly not based on last years play.  

@John from Riverside Would you be happy if we signed him to a 5 year 75M contract, 37M gtd tomorrow?

Not sure

39 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not sure

Good answer

Well, Zack Cunningham didn’t make the pro bowl and is getting paid around 14.5M.  Same with Myles Jack.  I don’t think either of those players are worth 14.5M a year, especially when you’re going to pay your QB 40M a year. That’s the sitch.  IMO, that’s why some people see a black cloud surrounding Edmunds future as a Bill.  If you’re going to pay an off ball LB huge money…….he better be Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis or Luke Kuechly.  When we drafted him 16 overall, the hope was he would be that type of player.  Many draft analysts had him going top 10.  Some had him over Roquon Smith, top 6.  

He has not lived up to his hype.  Pro bowl, to me, is just more hype.  There’s Darius Leonard in the afc at LB, then there’s everyone else.  He’s the man and everyone else is trying to be as good as him.  They aren’t.  I’d pay Darius Leonard 15M a year, fosho.  

I’ll stand by my statement that he’s been an ok LB.  He hasn’t been great.  At times he’s been very good. Mostly ok to good.  Sometimes bad.  That doesn’t mean I think he’s bad.  He’s def not bad.  Just not worth 15M.  Maybe his play in 2021 will change our minds.  I sure hope so

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Edmunds fits the culture of this team and by all accounts is smart and a good teammate.  I like him a lot as a person.

But I've re-watched numerous games to specifically focus on Edmunds' play.  Apparently, I'm not smart enough to see what some of the 'experts' see to rate him as a pro-bowler and top tier LB.  In my eyes, he's completely ineffective on run plays.

I see a guy who takes bad angles, gets pushed out of the play by blockers, rarely makes the tackle at the point of impact, getting dragged for extra yards, and is more often than not is coming into the picture after a defensive teammate makes the play.  I don't see a player with great tenacity or reaction time.  I see a LB who's frequently tentative.

According to many experts, I'm off base.  It's just my opinion.

He's now got 3 years NFL experience and still only a year or so older than first year players. 

Using trade value as a gauge, do you believe if he were offered up, the Bills could get a first rounder for him, say # 16 of better?  

I

• Like (+1) 1

ive teeter tottered on tremaine like two fat kids at a play ground.  i think at the very least at the end of this year it will be pretty clear if he's the guy or not.  we will play kc and tampa during the regular season, and barring something crazy should see kc again in the playoffs

he'll either shine or not.  given his tools, the team around him, and how hard he is on himself, i'd stack a lot more chips on him shining than not.

On 7/13/2021 at 6:31 PM, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

I think it is fair to say Bills fans consider LB to be a position that is unsettled.

Happy Milano is back.

Hoping Tre Edmunds can start making an impact, but the excuses are outweighing the performance.

Disagree. He has made a big impact. 

I am convinced that 1 of the main reasons our defense had a great 2nd half , after a rough 1st half is because Edmunds got healthy. 

Just listen to his teammates talk about him. Hyde is on record saying he'll be a hall of Famer, many others have gone above and beyond to praise him. 

Frazier and McDermott go out of their way to speak about Edmunds in a positive way.  

I think there's no way he doesn't get a contract extension either this year or next. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Disagree. He has made a big impact. 

I am convinced that 1 of the main reasons our defense had a great 2nd half , after a rough 1st half is because Edmunds got healthy. 

Just listen to his teammates talk about him. Hyde is on record saying he'll be a hall of Famer, many others have gone above and beyond to praise him. 

Frazier and McDermott go out of their way to speak about Edmunds in a positive way.  

I think there's no way he doesn't get a contract extension either this year or next. 

I’m convinced that the main reason our defense played so well down the stretch is because of Nick Mullen’s, Big Ben, drew lock, cam and tua.  

i agree that Edmunds stepped up his play down the stretch but I can’t overlook who he was facing.  Rivers went to work on him.  He had one of his best performances to date vs the Lamar, only to be crucified by Mahomes in the AFCCG. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’m convinced that the main reason our defense played so well down the stretch is because of Nick Mullen’s, Big Ben, drew lock, cam and tua.  

i agree that Edmunds stepped up his play down the stretch but I can’t overlook who he was facing.  Rivers went to work on him.  He had one of his best performances to date vs the Lamar, only to be crucified by Mahomes in the AFCCG. 

I think most of the Bills defensive success under McD has been heavily based on easy schedules and bad quarterbacks.  

Right now they probably have the most talent they've had on defense at any time under McD........and several key players poised for breakout seasons(we hope)....... so maybe they finally live up to the "top 5 defense" hype.

• Agree 1