Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

Just now, SCBills said:

I doubt the players are that concerned.  Sounds like corporate-speak on behalf of the NFLPA. 

I don't know.  I would expect the players to mirror society, wouldn't you?  The NFLPA is supposed to have leadership elected by players and player representatives from each team, so it really ought to reflect the concerns of the membership.

I wouldn't expect it to be the viewpoint of all the players, but I would expect a significant number of the players to be concerned - the Big Guys or others who are at higher risk, players who have at-risk relatives or who have otherwise been touched by this.  Maybe I'm wrong and you're right and it's all "corporate speak", but JC Tretter made a big thing about it in their "no OTAs" bit and also last year, when the league was proposing to return and the players staged that "we want to play but..." campaign pushing the NFL for clarity in the protocols to be followed.

We aren't gonna be discussing how Sars-Cov2 differs from common coronaviruses that have been circulating here.  Elsewhere with that.

• Agree 1

Someone sit him down, go over the actual data and science and not the crap idiots post on social media, and I think he’d get vaccinated.  Best team we’ve had in years, a real Lombardi contender, and the team is going to get ruined by political horse crap.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I doubt the players are that concerned.  Sounds like corporate-speak on behalf of the NFLPA. 

Let’s say, for arguments sake, this is true... Are they going to have COVID protocols permanently?   We have a vaccine that people can take or not take... just like the flu vaccine.   And just like the flu, Coronaviruses are always present.   

I'm going to guess that it will coincide with overall death rates. More people died of Covid in the US in one year than the total amount of US soldiers that died during both WWI and WWII. 

So if / when the number of fatalities lower to flu like rather than world war like, is probably when the restrictions will be gone... We just don't know when that will be.

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

Vaccinated or not…. It’s time to move on. If not, stay at home.

Not saying this out of ignorance, just saying there are 10s of millions of Americans that want to move on with there lives and there’s a handful that are still scared or feel the government should be telling us what to do.

im vaccinated but I also feel unvaccinated should be able to do what they want….. it ain’t hard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

He has been a great player for the Bills but, WTF?  He is an idiot for behaving the way he is.  Major distraction at this point.  No wonder Dallas did not want to retain him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know.  I would expect the players to mirror society, wouldn't you?  The NFLPA is supposed to have leadership elected by players and player representatives from each team, so it really ought to reflect the concerns of the membership.

I wouldn't expect it to be the viewpoint of all the players, but I would expect a significant number of the players to be concerned - the Big Guys or others who are at higher risk, players who have at-risk relatives or who have otherwise been touched by this.  Maybe I'm wrong and you're right and it's all "corporate speak", but JC Tretter made a big thing about it in their "no OTAs" bit and also last year, when the league was proposing to return and the players staged that "we want to play but..." campaign pushing the NFL for clarity in the protocols to be followed.

We aren't gonna be discussing how Sars-Cov2 differs from common coronaviruses that have been circulating here.  Elsewhere with that.

We don’t need to discuss that... I’m simply asking if you, or anyone else here, believes the NFL is going to adopt this vision on COVID every year in permanence?

if not, it’s all show. 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Someone sit him down, go over the actual data and science and not the crap idiots post on social media, and I think he’d get vaccinated.  Best team we’ve had in years, a real Lombardi contender, and the team is going to get ruined by political horse crap.

He's already made it clear he isnt willing to listen to science, or anything else. His mind is made up, he wants to do what he wants with no consequences, LET HIM LIVE HIS LIIIIIIIFE!

Ugh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

McDermott, Beane, the NFL and the NFLPA have all said they have done that with all players.

I won't condemn anyone for choosing to not get vaccinated. However the paranoia of some people does make me laugh, especially an athelete who has probably spent years allowing medical staff to dope him up with all kinds of pain-killing injections and pills without giving the slightest thought about what's in them and what their potential negative long-term effects might be.

Even regular people in society spend their days taking medicines and eating all kinds of ***** with about 1000 ingredients listed on the box, many of which are probably on some action group's must-be-banned list, and we just keep throwing it all into our bodies because we assume the people producing it actually care if it screws us up or not.

Then some scientists develop a vaccine for a virus and we create a 24 page thread at a Mario Williams Signing Day rate of speed. Fascinating stuff! 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

say what? I don't recall your log in name to have such a hostle post....what the heck?

Sorry man, I mistook your screen name for someone else in this thread...

My apologies, I deleted the post

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

I won't condemn anyone for choosing to not get vaccinated. However the paranoia of some people does make me laugh, especially an athelete who has probably spent years allowing medical staff to dope him up with all kinds of pain-killing injections and pills without giving the slightest thought about what's in them and what their potential negative long-term effects might be.

Even regular people in society spend their days taking medicines and eating all kinds of ***** with about 1000 ingredients listed on the box, many of which are probably on some action group's must-be-banned list, and we just keep throwing it all into our bodies because we assume the people producing it actually care if it screws us up or not.

Then some scientists develop a vaccine for a virus and we create a 24 page thread at a Mario Williams Signing Day rate of speed. Fascinating stuff! 

The reality is that it has nothing to do with the science. It's about control. There's a subset of the population who believe that rules are for other people.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

For the record, I agree with him, but do wish Cole would chill out with the social media.  Especially when social media, Twitter specifically, is a small (but loud) subset of America that happens to vehemently disagree with him on this issue.  

We know a lot of players aren’t getting vaccinated.   But they’re not going to war over it on Twitter.   If others were, I’d have no issue with Cole doing so...and maybe he’ll start a movement, but as of now, it seems like a distraction to the level in which he’s doing so.  

You can make a point without shoving all your chips in. 

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

What’s crazy is that they are allowing stadiums and fans get back to 100% normal…… well teams should get back to 100% normal.

You're aware that fans attending have to be vaccinated, right? 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I’m glad I didn’t buy his jersey 

This kind of thing is why I don’t buy anyone’s jersey. I stick to generic Bills gear. I never know how some strange guy I’ve never met might let me down. I’m pretty darn familiar with how our Bills can let me down! In fact, I consider myself an expert on that subject! 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Sorry man, I mistook your screen name for someone else in this thread...

My apologies 

WHEW.... Holy Crap Man Im like what did I doooooo????  LOL

• Haha (+1) 4