Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

The Bills don't play home game in Florida or Georgia. 

Im pretty sure they aren’t requiring vaccination.  Simply if you aren’t, you have to mask.

Regardless - I’ll enjoy the games in Florida and Nashville.... fwiw, they are all pretty close to being home games. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well Thurman’s daughter is calling him out now. This is the MUD I didn’t know I needed in June 

People seem to be acting purposefully dense to what he said.   It’s really not hard to figure out. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Im pretty sure they aren’t requiring vaccination.  Simply if you aren’t, you have to mask.

The Bills, so far, are the only team that it is known that vaccinations will be required (by Erie County) for attendance. So, yes, they are requiring vaccinations. 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/4/13/22382431/erie-county-says-buffalo-bills-fans-will-need-to-be-vaccinated-to-attend-home-games

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, wppete said:

Got to respect a man who speaks his mind and stands by his principals. Good for Cole. 

It's a team sport and the team agreed to shut up.  If his principle on this topic is more important than belonging to the team and being a good teammate then ...

Edited by Bill Lewes
spelling
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

People seem to be acting purposefully dense to what he said.   It’s really not hard to figure out. 

People decided not to give him credit that he knows what he's saying and given some of the things he's been putting out I can't really blame them.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

The Bills, so far, are the only team that it is known that vaccinations will be required (by Erie County) for attendance. So, yes, they are requiring vaccinations. 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/4/13/22382431/erie-county-says-buffalo-bills-fans-will-need-to-be-vaccinated-to-attend-home-games

That’s from April... I’m pretty sure that’s been changed since then. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He’s saying he wants to not be vaccinated and live life normally.  I, for the life of me, do not understand why we can’t just do that... but alas, here we are. 

The only reason we're able to go back to living normally is because the majority of people in the US are now vaccinated. So basically Cole wants to reap the benefits of having unmasked practices and fans in the stands and a higher salary cap without actually taking the vaccine himself because of some unfounded fear.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Allen2Diggs said:

The only reason we're able to go back to living normally is because the majority of people in the US are now vaccinated. So basically Cole wants to reap the benefits of having unmasked practices and fans in the stands and a higher salary cap without actually taking the vaccine himself because of some unfounded fear.

thank youuuuuuuuuuu

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

"We respect each player's decision on the vaccination is their own, and while we continue to educate our players and hope they decide to get the vaccine, we know we have a number of players who will not, and are totally fine with that as they are still on the team. However, we also made a decision as a team to not speak out about it or let it become a distraction, and Cole was unable to follow that. Nor would he agree to follow the protocols agreed to by the NFL and NFLPA. We provided him plenty of ways and opportunities to contact his union reps and work with the NFLPA, but he was unwilling to do so. So we made the decision to move on since we are trying to stay unified as a team, and move forward into a re-opened 2021."

-Brandon Beane

Boom, cut.

But if he's willing to retire over it all, than problem solved.

He might be broken anyway. Probably a good time to cut bait if he continues to be an ignoramus. He can then move to Florida and be free.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Ding ding ding

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well Thurman’s daughter is calling him out now. This is the MUD I didn’t know I needed in June 

This is just the beginning.  Cole shouldn't have opened his mouth.  The team agreed to stay closed about the topic.  Guess who's gonna be all over GMF all week . . . 

I thought the dude was all about team 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, par73 said:

Hasn't spoken about it since March. Will be really interesting to see what develops on that front.

Not saying they are the same person but they are close friends and spend a lot of time together in Cali in the off-season-  and Sam Darnold was asked about it this week and “refused to comment”…. Wouldn’t be surprised if Allen hasn’t but also could see him getting it just because of “work” reasons 

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

County hasn’t changed their position yet though. We’ll see how it shakes out the state gov may attempt to overrule Erie Co but that’ll be hard to do since other venues have already instituted vax requirements and Cuomo let them go.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I’ve been reading and keeping my comments to myself. But if I was to say something this was going to be my comment.

Quite frankly, the people who refuse to get vaccinated are simply grifters. They grift on the doctors and nurses and scientists and immunologists and mathematicians and all the vaccinated people in the general public who got out of the wagon and are pulling us out of this mess. They don’t care if they get sick and get hospitalized because somebody else will be there to take care of them, the caregivers who are required to be vaccinated, so they can perform the simple act of breathing.

Somewhere Jenny McCarthy is smiling. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 6