Jump to content

Lotuleilei Work Out Video: Not retiring [Edit] At Minicamp


Recommended Posts

Looking forward to getting Star back and improving the run defense. Important to manage expectations and remember that 2019 Star was an average to slightly above average 1-Tech in the league, but it's his knock on effect on the play of Ed Oliver, Tremaine Edmunds, and Matt Milano that's got me amped up. 

 

Oliver matched up one-on-one against a guard and Edmunds and Milano running free all day. 

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking forward to getting Star back and improving the run defense. Important to manage expectations and remember that 2019 Star was an average to slightly above average 1-Tech in the league, but it's

Another Star Ukulele thread?  

I expect that a lot of the DL vets are looking at the extended season with an extra game and wanting to nibble things short on the other end.   It's a valid point about the voluntary ingesti

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

"dieting..."

 

It seems like this regime wants all of our DL to "slim down." They even mentioned it with Rosseau. I wonder if that's why Epenesa was so thin last year.

 

I think they want them to have a certain target body fat composition.

 

I think Epenesa's problem is that he's still a young man with a young man metabolism, and he went on a NFL-level strength training program without an NFL-level eating program in place to support it - I'm sure they gave him targets and recommendations but it's one thing to be told to eat 8x a day and another to have someone handing you an almond-butter laced smoothie the minute you walk in the door, and the minute you finish your lifting, and another along with a boxed dinner to take home.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Looking forward to getting Star back and improving the run defense. Important to manage expectations and remember that 2019 Star was an average to slightly above average 1-Tech in the league, but it's his knock on effect on the play of Ed Oliver, Tremaine Edmunds, and Matt Milano that's got me amped up. 

 

Oliver matched up one-on-one against a guard and Edmunds and Milano running free all day. 

The myth of Star being a double team monster also continues…

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I think they want them to have a certain target body fat composition.

 

I think Epenesa's problem is that he's still a young man with a young man metabolism, and he went on a NFL-level strength training program without an NFL-level eating program in place to support it - I'm sure they gave him targets and recommendations but it's one thing to be told to eat 8x a day and another to have someone handing you an almond-butter laced smoothie the minute you walk in the door, and the minute you finish your lifting, and another along with a boxed dinner to take home.

 

 

 

That makes sense... I am always amazed at how much work it is for professional athletes to eat enough to replace calories. 

 

Here's an article that details The Rock's eating regimen. As much as I love food, just the eating part sounds exhausting! 

 

https://manofmany.com/lifestyle/fitness/the-rock-diet-and-workout-plan

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

How often do you think he occupies more than one blocker, snap%-wise?

Probably about the same amount as Harrison Phillips and Butler did last season.... 

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

 

A Bills player supporting another Bills player..... what he says must be true..... 😅

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I think they want them to have a certain target body fat composition.

 

I think Epenesa's problem is that he's still a young man with a young man metabolism, and he went on a NFL-level strength training program without an NFL-level eating program in place to support it - I'm sure they gave him targets and recommendations but it's one thing to be told to eat 8x a day and another to have someone handing you an almond-butter laced smoothie the minute you walk in the door, and the minute you finish your lifting, and another along with a boxed dinner to take home.

 

 

your comparing apples to oranges. AJ is a DE not a DT.  he is 22 years old how much more bone growth you want? statistically most are done growing by 21.  Don't know why people think players play at DT in college and first year or 2 in nfl and think they going to gain much more weight.  Ed Oliver is another example couple years ago... everyone thought he should get more weight...

 

They are what they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

your comparing apples to oranges. AJ is a DE not a DT.  he is 22 years old how much more bone growth you want? statistically most are done growing by 21.  Don't know why people think players play at DT in college and first year or 2 in nfl and think they going to gain much more weight.  Ed Oliver is another example couple years ago... everyone thought he should get more weight...

 

They are what they are.

Tell that to Kent Hull. Not sure if I have another example off the top of my head of a guy who needed a redshirt season to substantially bulk up. There are many more examples of guys shedding weight dramatically, like our own Lorenzo Alexander. 

 

Athletes in their 20s (and then, unfortunately, later in their 30s) can experience all kinds of physical growth and/or especially metabolic, body composition changes (some might lean out, others might continue to fill out, and still others might not change much). 

 

I don't know if the data supports your sweeping claim, or if it's much more nuanced than that. My hunch is the latter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

your comparing apples to oranges. AJ is a DE not a DT.  he is 22 years old how much more bone growth you want? statistically most are done growing by 21.  Don't know why people think players play at DT in college and first year or 2 in nfl and think they going to gain much more weight.  Ed Oliver is another example couple years ago... everyone thought he should get more weight...

 

They are what they are.

 

I'd agree thats usually true, but look at Biscuit when he came in the league and his body in year 3, same with Moulds, Bruce etc.

 

The one narrative that I think is B.S. is that AJ miraculously lost more weight than he was supposed to.  Like he woke up one day and was 15lbs light.  These guys have specific nutrition programs and are weighed and tracked very carefully on a daily basis.  If he was less than his target weight it's simply because he couldn't keep the weight on despite his and the trainers best efforts.

 

I'm not saying he pulled a Maybin, juiced in college and misrepresented himself, but I'm guessing A.J. will maybe add 5 more pounds max to where he is now.  It's just a matter of learning how to get production vs these NFL Olinemen, they're pretty amazing athletes.  His game is quickness and burst now, different than college.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Tell that to Kent Hull. Not sure if I have another example off the top of my head of a guy who needed a redshirt season to substantially bulk up. There are many more examples of guys shedding weight dramatically, like our own Lorenzo Alexander. 

 

Athletes in their 20s (and then, unfortunately, later in their 30s) can experience all kinds of physical growth and/or especially metabolic, body composition changes (some might lean out, others might continue to fill out, and still others might not change much). 

 

I don't know if the data supports your sweeping claim, or if it's much more nuanced than that. My hunch is the latter.

Yea Kent Hull was an anomaly 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

 

I'd agree thats usually true, but look at Biscuit when he came in the league and his body in year 3, same with Moulds, Bruce etc.

 

The one narrative that I think is B.S. is that AJ miraculously lost more weight than he was supposed to.  Like he woke up one day and was 15lbs light.  These guys have specific nutrition programs and are weighed and tracked very carefully on a daily basis.  If he was less than his target weight it's simply because he couldn't keep the weight on despite his and the trainers best efforts.

 

I'm not saying he pulled a Maybin, juiced in college and misrepresented himself, but I'm guessing A.J. will maybe add 5 more pounds max to where he is now.  It's just a matter of learning how to get production vs these NFL Olinemen, they're pretty amazing athletes.  His game is quickness and burst now, different than college.

Bruce lost weight to do what he did not gain. This article is specific to how much he lost and why he felt why he had to loose it. 

https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/football/professional/nfl/hof-smith-shed-weight-to-become-nfl-sack-leader/article_6271e431-d6ba-5004-a590-bab5999bef2c.html

Moulds gained some muscle mass that added 8-10 pounds

Bennet came in very light.

 

Usually true were the right words. There are a few that did it but in general they don't and your talking about different positions.. Hull has been mentioned but just pure weight. Lots of these guys coming in it was muscle mass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Lotuleilei Work Out Video: Not retiring [Edit] At Minicamp

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...