Lefties are mentally disturbed and must be stopped.

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Sure you were.  Got proof of that one?  Since we're all into providing proof of unbelievable statements...

Nice try but I'm not revealing any information involving minors.  Even if I did give you a school district you wouldn't believe it anyway, would you?  It's not like you would do something creepy and call the schools in that district to find out, right?

And I've known the nurse for 12 years and not once did she ever bring up politics.  She just one day mentioned, unsolicitedly, that 2 students at her son's school identified as cats.  It's summer time now so I can't get pics even if I wanted.

You can't because it's not true.

But it's cool, I'm sure it will hit the news soon and you'll be able to prove your assertion.

8 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes, we do.  The song is about hopelessness and poverty.  Everyone with a brain knew it then.  The author and artist presenting it very much matters...

https://www.billboard.com/music/country/tracy-chapman-reacts-luke-combs-fast-car-cover-1235367446/

“I never expected to find myself on the country charts, but I’m honored to be there,” Chapman tells Billboard in an exclusive statement. “I’m happy for Luke and his success and grateful that new fans have found and embraced ‘Fast Car.’”

It matters to an upper middle-aged pretentious white guy anyway. Tracy seems good with it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

https://www.billboard.com/music/country/tracy-chapman-reacts-luke-combs-fast-car-cover-1235367446/

“I never expected to find myself on the country charts, but I’m honored to be there,” Chapman tells Billboard in an exclusive statement. “I’m happy for Luke and his success and grateful that new fans have found and embraced ‘Fast Car.’”

It matters to an upper middle-aged pretentious white guy anyway. Tracy seems good with it. 

I hope the royalties are very nice for her.  He is making the lyrics and their meaning available to a different audience which is good.  It just doesn't seem likely to have the same effect.  I haven't heard the Luke recording but the production of the original is on many lists of audiophile best recordings, technically speaking.  I guess it would be pretentious to mention that in your opinion...

17 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Everyone with a brain knew it then.  The author and artist presenting it very much matters...

You’ve gone from an incredibly feeble attempt at driving a wedge where none exists to rambling about the technical aspects of the recording. Why not just own the original post?

For an erudite, well-rounded man of the moment it’s interesting that you haven’t heard the top country song in America even once, especially considering you live in redneck MAGAville. Guess that’s all part of being elite. Seems more like a lie. 

22 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I hope the royalties are very nice for her.  He is making the lyrics and their meaning available to a different audience which is good.  It just doesn't seem likely to have the same effect.  I haven't heard the Luke recording but the production of the original is on many lists of audiophile best recordings, technically speaking.  I guess it would be pretentious to mention that in your opinion...

I'm not inclined to believe the lyrics and meaning meant much to listeners (the broad spectrum of radio consumers of popular music anyway) in 1988 either. 

• Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

FYI - the original is a an all time classic song and Combs’ cover is phenomenal 

No.  They don’t.  

Stupid article by a moron who wasn't even alive when the original came out and was a pop hit that garnered Grammy nominations and made TC a pile of cash.  Showing who the true racists are. 

3 hours ago, yall said:

You can't because it's not true.

But it's cool, I'm sure it will hit the news soon and you'll be able to prove your assertion.

No, they won't be exposing minors dressing like cats.  And I still find your (over)reaction curious considering a) dressing up like a cat isn't even in the same realm as transgenderism and b) according to you it's not political.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

You’ve gone from an incredibly feeble attempt at driving a wedge where none exists to rambling about the technical aspects of the recording. Why not just own the original post?

For an erudite, well-rounded man of the moment it’s interesting that you haven’t heard the top country song in America even once, especially considering you live in redneck MAGAville. Guess that’s all part of being elite. Seems more like a lie. 

I do own the original post.  I don't believe it will have the same impact.  When people bought her album, they almost all understood the meaning.   It was part of the appeal.   Remember that when we bought albums back then we would often look at the album cover while listening the first time.   I don't think Luke's market will likely be the same in that regard.  When I'm driving, I almost always listen to NPR.  When I listen to music 

I almost always stream specific genres and songs.  Don't think I've ever streamed a country station.  Individual songs yes, but not that one.

btw, the cover art is on this page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_Chapman_(album)

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Stupid article by a moron who wasn't even alive when the original came out and was a pop hit that garnered Grammy nominations and made TC a pile of cash.  Showing who the true racists are. 

No, they won't be exposing minors dressing like cats.  And I still find your (over)reaction curious considering a) dressing up like a cat isn't even in the same realm as transgenderism and b) according to you it's not political.

How exactly am I overreacting by simply pointing out that you believe in something so absurd? Note I've not commented on transgender politics on this forum other than to say people with wangs shouldn't be in girls sports, so I'm curious as to how you're conflating the topics and involving the gender craziness.

Thou doth protest too much.

16 minutes ago, yall said:

How exactly am I overreacting by simply pointing out that you believe in something so absurd? Note I've not commented on transgender politics on this forum other than to say people with wangs shouldn't be in girls sports, so I'm curious as to how you're conflating the topics and involving the gender craziness.

Thou doth protest too much.

The only thing that's absurd, beyond kids pretending they're cats, is you thinking you know stuff you clearly have no clue about.  I'm just trying to figure out why you went all "OMG, THAT"S NOT HAPPENING!  GIVE ME NAMES AND NUMBERS!"  It was funny.  Like it struck a nerve. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The only thing that's absurd, beyond kids pretending they're cats, is you thinking you know stuff you clearly have no clue about.  I'm just trying to figure out why you went all "OMG, THAT"S NOT HAPPENING!  GIVE ME NAMES AND NUMBERS!"  It was funny.  Like it struck a nerve. 

I 100% believe some kids are pretending they are cats. You're moving the goalposts.

What I don't believe (and it's been debunked thoroughly) is that school districts are accommodating such nonsense by putting out litter boxes. Such a claim is not only ridiculous but very easy to prove.

You can't, and you seem to be upset by that fact given your insistence on clinging to your anecdotal evidence from some buffoon at work.

• Like (+1) 1

CBS is promoting the furries "hoax"

Kimberly Eloe, executive director of communications for JeffCo Schools, issued a statement at the end of September saying, "there is absolutely no truth to this claim. There are no furries or students identifying as such."

But through an open records request, CBS News Colorado found earlier emails that appear to contradict that. In one email, from August Superintendent Tracy Dorland asks, "Who is going to respond to the emails about furries?"

And in yet another email, Tara Pena, chief of family school and community partnerships, wonders, "If it [would be] helpful to mention that calling into question students dressing or "identifying" as furries is part of a larger, national political platform to further marginalize our transgender and lgbtq+ students." 

Edwards is baffled, "Why are you trying to cover it up, rather than deal with it on the level it is?" 

School Board Member Susan Miller asked the same question: "We can see in the emails our parents raised issues with it and I don't think we should be saying our parents are lying."

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, yall said:

I 100% believe some kids are pretending they are cats. You're moving the goalposts.

What I don't believe (and it's been debunked thoroughly) is that school districts are accommodating such nonsense by putting out litter boxes. Such a claim is not only ridiculous but very easy to prove.

You can't, and you seem to be upset by that fact given your insistence on clinging to your anecdotal evidence from some buffoon at work.

Oh, it's the litter box thing that got you upset.  Why is that so absurd to you?  Schools are doing everything they can do accommodate kids these days, far more than just putting out litter boxes.  It's just a strange hill to want to die on whether you believe me or not.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Oh, it's the litter box thing that got you upset.  Why is that so absurd to you?  Schools are doing everything they can do accommodate kids these days, far more than just putting out litter boxes.  It's just a strange hill to want to die on whether you believe me or not.

Schools are allowing kids to identify as animals, wear costumes to school, bark, meow and walk on all fours..

BUT WHY ARE YOU PROMOTING THE LITTER BOX HOAX!!!

What a typical useful idiot.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I doubt you believe it yourself.

Every kid in this imaginary school would be tik-tocking the ***** out of that with images of the litter box. After all not all of them are brainwashed automatons.

Yet.

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Schools are allowing kids to identify as animals, wear costumes to school, bark, meow and walk on all fours..

Isn't that the point though? Focus on what is real, and ignore things that are demonstrably false.

Otherwise your opponent will be able to paint all of your points as absurd. I'm not sure why that is so difficult for some people.

4 minutes ago, yall said:

I doubt you believe it yourself.

Every kid in this imaginary school would be tik-tocking the ***** out of that with images of the litter box. After all not all of them are brainwashed automatons.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I know.  It's as if the litter box is the most ridiculous thing, not the dressing up part.  But I guess they'll know which bathroom to use. :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Also - true.  They’re doing it because they must have focused grouped the word and think it’s supposed to make the alleged “victim” of bigotry look more oppressed. 

“Gay” or lesbian doesn’t garner any response   Because contrary to what leftists think the country is not full of bigots.  Actual bigots in our society have been marginalized to irrelevance.  

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Also - true.  They’re doing it because they must have focused grouped the word and think it’s supposed to make the alleged “victim” of bigotry look more oppressed. 

“Gay” or lesbian doesn’t garner any response   Because contrary to what leftists think the country is not full of bigots.  Actual bigots in our society have been marginalized to irrelevance.  

What does the Q signify in LGBTQ ?

17 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

What does the Q signify in LGBTQ ?

I always believed it was "Questioning."  Because the prior 4 letters take care of the rest/"q u e e r."

And I always thought it was funny that they were proud to call themselves "q u e e r."  I figured it was them taking the word back, kind of like black people use the N word but replacing the last 2 letter with an "a."

Edited by Doc

35 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Commies love their blacklists.

Remember this?

Think about all the unity and healing inspired by this...

:lol:

On 7/15/2023 at 11:16 AM, yall said:

Isn't that the point though? Focus on what is real, and ignore things that are demonstrably false.

Otherwise your opponent will be able to paint all of your points as absurd. I'm not sure why that is so difficult for some people.

I'd say it's because he is absurd.

10 hours ago, Wacka said:

What TC is doing right now is walking to the bank smiling because of all the checks she is cashing  from her songwriting royalties on that song.

Yeah.  I doubt she gives a ***** who covered her song.  It's been 35 years and no one else has done it, or at least with as great success.

On 7/15/2023 at 10:53 AM, Doc said:

HCQ man is writing his own jokes this morning. 

Today, in crazy videos from the 'Party of Science', we present an OB-GYN who claims not every person who has a baby is a woman.

According to 'Mama Doctor Jones', she has patients who are trans men and non-binary who have babies, so not only women have babies.

Except, trans men and non-binary people with a female parts are actually women, also.

• Like (+1) 1