Lefties are mentally disturbed and must be stopped.

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Today, in crazy videos from the 'Party of Science', we present an OB-GYN who claims not every person who has a baby is a woman.

According to 'Mama Doctor Jones', she has patients who are trans men and non-binary who have babies, so not only women have babies.

Except, trans men and non-binary people with a female parts are actually women, also.

Cray cray. 

at least half of social media are people saying or doing anything for clout.

love the part where she says the app is inclusive, while stating "How dare you come here and post your opinion?"

but paints a good picture of what the modern left considerers inclusive.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2023 at 11:25 AM, B-Man said:

Today, in crazy videos from the 'Party of Science', we present an OB-GYN who claims not every person who has a baby is a woman.

According to 'Mama Doctor Jones', she has patients who are trans men and non-binary who have babies, so not only women have babies.

Except, trans men and non-binary people with a female parts are actually women, also.

this is an example of far left extremism

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Is this really a road that you want to go down? Florida is doing some crazy ***** right now.

No.  They are not doing crazy sh*t right now.

I strongly suggest that you read the posts in the Desantis thread about the actual history curriculum vs the Leftist false narrative.

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.  They are not doing crazy sh*t right now.

I strongly suggest that you read the posts in the Desantis thread about the actual history curriculum vs the Leftist false narrative.

They are literally trying to put in place a narrative that says that slavery was good because it taight Black people skills

I suggest that you do some reading

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They are literally trying to put in place a narrative that says that slavery was good because it taight Black people skills

I suggest that you do some reading

Good God man, that is false.

It is NOT the way the subject is treated. . . . . . . . . "literally"

It doesn't say that slavery is good, but that some learned skills while they were working.

If you cannot see the difference then I feel sorry for you.

PS:  as it is with most leftist propaganda the section about learning is just a fractional amount of the curriculum, but it was the only thing that

the Left could glom onto and spin for the masses to eat up.

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It doesn't say that slavery is good, but that some learned skills while they were working

And some trafficked children gained valuable skills. Guatemalans 13 year olds who otherwise would have led an impoverished life were trafficked to Ohio where the learned the job skills and discipline in meat-packing plants that may lead to gainful employment as adults. We must definitely refer to this when discussing trafficking of children. Some others learned skills that may be profitable in the adult film industry.

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly.

And as with the African American History in Florida, slavery is CONDEMNED as evil.

The fact that any "skills" were learned is just a footnote.

But keep clinging to that silliness as if the courses being taught are wrong.

No one buys it.

(I know that you were shown the actual curriculum notes in the Desantis thread, apparently it was too hard for you to click on that also.)

Edited by B-Man

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Exactly.

And as with the African American History in Florida, slavery is CONDEMNED as evil.

The fact that any "skills" were learned is just a footnote.

But keep clinging to that silliness as if the courses being taught are wrong.

No one buys it.

(I know that you were shown the actual curriculum notes in the Desantis thread, apparently it was too hard for you to click on that also.

I think you're missing my point. Which I though was pretty clear.

Would anyone ever think it's appropriate to say "some trafficked children benefited from being trafficked by learning marketable skills?" Of course not. 

And that's what slavery was: human trafficking. On a mega, state-endorsed level. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

hardly surprising but satisfying validation.  I guess the MAGA's think all these D voters are mentally disturbed...it's false hope.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/07/21/gop-college-towns-00106974

Name the flagship university — Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Ohio, Texas, Virginia, among others — and the story tends to be the same. If the surrounding county was a reliable source of Democratic votes in the past, it’s a landslide county now. There are exceptions to the rule, particularly in the states with the most conservative voting habits. But even in reliably red places like South Carolina, Montana and Texas, you’ll find at least one college-oriented county producing ever larger Democratic margins.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think you're missing my point. Which I though was pretty clear.

Would anyone ever think it's appropriate to say "some trafficked children benefited from being trafficked by learning marketable skills?" Of course not. 

And that's what slavery was: human trafficking. On a mega, state-endorsed level. 

I didn't miss it.

I am simply pointing out that the course  (like every other course in America, condemns slavery as evil,

You know what, I'll go to the other thread for you.

NBC reports that Kamala Harris intends to visit Florida today to criticize its new school curriculum:

In remarks Thursday, Harris blasted efforts in some states to ban books and “push forward revisionist history.”

“Just yesterday in the state of Florida, they decided middle school students will be taught that enslaved people benefited from slavery,” she said at a convention for the traditionally Black sorority Delta Sigma Theta Inc. “They insult us in an attempt to gaslight us, and we will not stand for it.”

This is a brazen lie. It’s an astonishing lie. It’s an evil lie. It is so untrue — so deliberately and cynically misleading — that, in a sensible political culture, Harris would be obligated to issue an apology. Instead, NBC confirms that she will repeat the lie today during a speech in Jacksonville.

So, below, I have copied and pasted every single reference to slavery, slaves, abolitionism, civil rights, and African Americans that is in the document

Here’s the list. It’s 191 items strong. It contains the word “slave” 96 times, “slaves” 23 times, and “slavery” 45 times. I’ve pulled each line out in the order in which they appear, which is largely chronological. It starts with “the earliest slaves” and ends with “the integration of the University of Florida”:

( I won't paste the whole 191 points, but here is the one you are stuck on)

• Instruction includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.

That's it.

That's the whole thing.  No slavery is good. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/kamala-harris-is-brazenly-lying-about-floridas-slavery-curriculum/

A group of predominantly African American educators created an extensive and detailed curriculum for African American history that includes dozens of references to the horrors of slavery, the inhumanity of the slave trade, and abolition efforts

Dishonest partisans, their media allies, and the VP are intentionally misleading people about the meaning and context of that one sentence, and thereby smearing those educators, to score political points against one tangentially related politician they don’t like.

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

false.  many posters here, including me, "buy it".

Well, I did say "adults"

but it's your right to ignore other opinions.

It says more about you than "powerline"

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

I didn't miss it.

I am simply pointing out that the course  (like every other course in America, condemns slavery as evil,

NBC reports that Kamala Harris intends to visit Florida today to criticize its new school curriculum:

In remarks Thursday, Harris blasted efforts in some states to ban books and “push forward revisionist history.”

“Just yesterday in the state of Florida, they decided middle school students will be taught that enslaved people benefited from slavery,” she said at a convention for the traditionally Black sorority Delta Sigma Theta Inc. “They insult us in an attempt to gaslight us, and we will not stand for it.”

This is a brazen lie. It’s an astonishing lie. It’s an evil lie. It is so untrue — so deliberately and cynically misleading — that, in a sensible political culture, Harris would be obligated to issue an apology. Instead, NBC confirms that she will repeat the lie today during a speech in Jacksonville.

So, below, I have copied and pasted every single reference to slavery, slaves, abolitionism, civil rights, and African Americans that is in the document

Here’s the list. It’s 191 items strong. It contains the word “slave” 96 times, “slaves” 23 times, and “slavery” 45 times. I’ve pulled each line out in the order in which they appear, which is largely chronological. It starts with “the earliest slaves” and ends with “the integration of the University of Florida”:

• Instruction includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.

That's it.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/kamala-harris-is-brazenly-lying-about-floridas-slavery-curriculum/

A group of predominantly African American educators created an extensive and detailed curriculum for African American history that includes dozens of references to the horrors of slavery, the inhumanity of the slave trade, and abolition efforts

Dishonest partisans, their media allies, and the VP are intentionally misleading people about the meaning and context of that one sentence, and thereby smearing those educators, to score political points against one tangentially related politician they don’t like.

So, in writing a high school social studies textbook with a chapter on Child Trafficking in the Modern World - a chapter that mentions the evils of that practice 100 or more times - would it be appropriate to include the lines I just suggested: "some trafficked children gained valuable job skills through their forced labor, and went on to productive careers working in meat packing plants or in the adult entertainment industry."

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I didn't miss it.

That's it.

Well, I did say "adults"

The reason I’ve chosen to leave the Democratic Party because of the intellectual dishonesty they continue to support. Onto saying the Republican Party is any better. They both are guilty, but the Democrats have taken it to a whole new level. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So, in writing a high school social studies textbook with a chapter on Child Trafficking in the Modern World - a chapter that mentions the evils of that practice 100 or more times - would it be appropriate to include the lines I just suggested: "some trafficked children gained valuable job skills through their forced labor, and went on to productive careers working in meat packing plants or in the adult entertainment industry."

The fact that some children in that horrible situation might have learned something that they used for their personal benefit in the lives is undeniable.

Just as they learn things in ANY situation.

But it's clear that you are stuck.

You want everyone to acknowledge your spin when it is NOT the point.  That's fine.

I will go with the authors.

Creators of African American school standards say guidelines criticized ‘without context’

By Amber Jo Cooper

FTA:

Critics claimed page six, which stated instruction would include “how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit,” was “inaccurate.”

It sparked Vice President Kamala Harris to announce she is speaking in Jacksonville on Friday.

However, Dr. William Allen and Dr. Frances Presley Rice, who created the standards, said the “intent” of this particular benchmark clarification is to “show that some slaves developed highly specialized trades from which they benefitted.”

The two are members of Florida’s African American History Standards workgroup.

The creators said it is “disappointing,” but “nevertheless unsurprising, that critics would reduce months of work to create Florida’s first ever stand-alone strand of African American History Standards to a few isolated expressions without context.”

“The intent of this particular benchmark clarification is to show that some slaves developed highly specialized trades from which they benefitted,” the creators said. “This is factual and well documented.”

“Any attempt to reduce slaves to just victims of oppression fails to recognize their strength, courage and resiliency during a difficult time in American history,” the joint statement said. “Florida students deserve to learn how slaves took advantage of whatever circumstances they were in to benefit themselves and the community of African descendants.”

https://flvoicenews.com/creators-of-african-american-school-standards-say-guidelines-criticized-without-context/

362640414_666776775478313_62332967150164

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I didn't miss it.

That's it.

Well, I did say "adults"

Even whenever I read that bullet point over 10 times I still can’t find a way for it to come out as a positive

When you take it as a whole, what Florida is doing with their banning of CERT and then a new curriculum that talks about how there was some good things that happened from slavery

You’re trying to hard man it’s just a bad look

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Even whenever I read that bullet point over 10 times I still can’t find a way for it to come out as a positive

When you take it as a whole, what Florida is doing with their banning of CERT and then a new curriculum that talks about how there was some good things that happened from slavery

Read the response above yours.

and see if you can still say you can't find a way.

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“Any attempt to reduce slaves to just victims of oppression fails to recognize their strength, courage and resiliency during a difficult time in American history,” the joint statement said. “Florida students deserve to learn how slaves took advantage of whatever circumstances they were in to benefit themselves and the community of African descendants.”

This is absolute MAGA bs doublespeak...

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The fact that some children in that horrible situation might have learned something that they used for their personal benefit in the lives is undeniable.

Just as they learn things in ANY situation.

But it's clear that you are stuck.

You want everyone to acknowledge your spin when it is NOT the point.  That's fine.

I will go with the authors.

Creators of African American school standards say guidelines criticized ‘without context’

By Amber Jo Cooper

FTA:

Critics claimed page six, which stated instruction would include “how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit,” was “inaccurate.”

It sparked Vice President Kamala Harris to announce she is speaking in Jacksonville on Friday.

However, Dr. William Allen and Dr. Frances Presley Rice, who created the standards, said the “intent” of this particular benchmark clarification is to “show that some slaves developed highly specialized trades from which they benefitted.”

The two are members of Florida’s African American History Standards workgroup.

The creators said it is “disappointing,” but “nevertheless unsurprising, that critics would reduce months of work to create Florida’s first ever stand-alone strand of African American History Standards to a few isolated expressions without context.”

“The intent of this particular benchmark clarification is to show that some slaves developed highly specialized trades from which they benefitted,” the creators said. “This is factual and well documented.”

https://flvoicenews.com/creators-of-african-american-school-standards-say-guidelines-criticized-without-context/

362640414_666776775478313_62332967150164

Can't find anything on these 2 but I think it's fair to assume they side with Desantis since they were named to the committee.  Some context was added in this piece however.  There is clearly a bigger culture/race war agenda here than you care to admit.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-florida-standards-teach-black-people-benefited-slavery-taught-usef-rcna95418

In January, DeSantis’ administration blocked a new Advanced Placement course on African American studies from being taught in high schools, saying it violates state law and was historically inaccurate. The state pointing to six areas of concern and works by Kimberlé W. Crenshaw, bell hooks, Angela Davis and other Black authors.

That same month, DeSantis and Education Commissioner Manny Diaz Jr. discussed the issue at a news conference. They said that the course was a Trojan horse for “indoctrinating” students with a left-wing ideology under the guise of teaching about the Black experience and African American history.

Edited by redtail hawk

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

This is absolute MAGA bs doublespeak...

You have a phrase that you don’t mind using for people like this. It’s two words. Begins with U, ends with m. Go for it. You know you want to. It’s just an opinion after all. 

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You have a phrase that you don’t mind using for people like this. It’s two words. Begins with U, ends with m. Go for it. You know you want to. It’s just an opinion after all. 

don't know anything about these people except that they're black, wrote ridiculous curriculum and appear to be aligned with Desantis.  It's not like they took bribes from billionaires...

Edited by redtail hawk

Just now, redtail hawk said:

don't know anything about these people except that they're black, wrote ridiculous curriculum and appear to be aligned with Desantis.  It's not like they took bribes from billionaires...

Nobody is just part racist. Maybe someone of color will label them with a slur you have shown yourself comfortable with and you can cheer that person on. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JDHillFan said:

Nobody is just part racist. Maybe someone of color will label them with a slur you have shown yourself comfortable with and you can cheer that person on. 

many people are part racist.  It's how ethnic "cleansing" occurs:  intense hate for a particular ethnic group.  And sometimes, people hate themselves...

8 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

many people are part racist.  It's how ethnic "cleansing" occurs:  intense hate for a particular ethnic group.  And sometimes, people hate themselves...

Part racist….smh. 

“Rashida Tlaib is only part racist, you know. But that Clarence Thomas, now there’s a jackass”  - racisthawk 

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

the KKK hates Jews, Catholics and Blacks.  I'm not sure they have much hate for Norwegians or Canadians.

The Klan is only part racist. This is the sort of content that can only be gotten from a TBD/PPP scoldy Karen. You have outdone yourself with this one. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

The Klan is only part racist. This is the sort of content that can only be gotten from a TBD/PPP scoldy Karen. You have outdone yourself with this one. 

lighten up Francis...or is it Francine.  I think it is fair to say that the KKK aren't equal opportunity racists.

Edited by redtail hawk

Back to the thread.

Precision in language is especially important in things like science and law. And the current assault on our language is particularly troubling and acute in both these areas.

What you can say and how you can say things are being circumscribed, and the very meaning of terms we all used to understand are being altered beyond recognition. Suspect descriptions are being censored (in many cases you can’t describe the race of a fleeing suspect), terms such as male and female are now unacceptable, and the very meaning of certain words with clear definitions in law are being redefined into uselessness.

F1w86BLXoAAYDZ1-718x730.jpeg

Pregnant boyfriend? That is nonsensical. It makes as much sense as describing the 2020 George Floyd riots as “mostly peaceful” as people get beaten and buildings burn down.

And that is the point, of course.

What has made this an effective tactic of the Left is that they can count on the average person to dip into their store of knowledge and latch onto a word with a traditional meaning such as “peaceful,” and expect that you will think their use of the term means what their use means. At worst, they leave you confused, and at best you come to accept their version of reality. And if you resist, they have the means to punish you.

A revaluation of all values, a new meaning for all words, with the benefit of the values attached to the old words still attached to the now empty vessel, at least for a while.

Many of us have not bought into this revaluation and redefinition, but before you scoff: it’s pretty clear that the MSM and the people who define and build much of the cultural infrastructure do. Hence a media outlet uses the term “pregnant boyfriend.” They keep repeating this and a lot of people blandly accept it.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/07/24/stop-the-insanity-please-n566661

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

lighten up Francis...or is it Francine.  I think it is fair to say that the KKK aren't equal opportunity racists.

We can revisit the next time you are demanding people call out racists. Should be sometime mid-afternoon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

We can revisit the next time you are demanding people call out racists. Should be sometime mid-afternoon. 

So what you're saying is that there aren't different degrees of racists ...So Catholics who were taught decades ago  to not trust or like Jews for what happened 2000 years ago are equal to neo nazis...neither stance is good but one is much worse than the other.  you seem to see things in black and white while I almost always see them in shades of gray.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1