Lefties are mentally disturbed and must be stopped.

This reminded of when I took organic chem way back in the day.  The professor looked and acted like a marine drill sergeant straight out of a movie.  After the mid term exam there were many students aghast looking at their C or even D grades who had never received anything less than an A in their lives.  Many female students were breaking down in tears.  So he stands up in front of the lecture hall of 200+ students and says with no sympathy whatsoever that those students who didn't cut it and who maybe had designs on med school or post graduate work should consider altering course.  Then he dove right into the next lecture.

He would typically hang around after class for a few minutes to answer questions, so a few weeks later with another exam looming I decided to go up and get some clarification on a concept I was having trouble with.  I get up there and a hear a student ask:  "Professor, if you were me, what concepts would you focus on studying the most in preparing for the next exam?"

He responded: "First of all, I'm not you. Second, everything."

I turned around and walked right out.

I ended up with a B in the course and hold that grade proudly next to the A's I got in molecular genetics or advanced biochemistry courses.  Organic chem was indeed brutal. Still, starting a petition to get a professor fired because you can't hack it?  Clown world stuff.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

I liked the labs doing the hands on stuff much more than seeing 3D reactions on paper. I struggled with those concepts a bit. 

I learned to draw them pretty well.  Didn't need that molecular model set.

But I hated labs because you had to write papers.

Cartoons seem to be the method of choice to reach young people about puberty blockers and if they’re right for them.

Planned Parenthood has put out a cute cartoon advertisement for puberty blockers, which are above all else, safe.

It’s all about you choosing the time that going through puberty is right for you.

This seems really deceptive.

They're making puberty blockers out to be a magic pause button for nature that has no long-term side effects or consequences.

If this were a drug company ad, there would be crazy side effects being read off the entire time.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/10/04/planned-parenthood-has-a-cute-cartoon-advertising-puberty-blockers-to-teens/

The interviewer Meghan Daum asks the therapist Dea Bridge in "What a Conservative Therapist Thinks About Politics and Mental Health".

Daum: Do you think that Donald Trump made everybody go crazy? 

Bridge: What do you mean by “made everybody go crazy”?

Daum: In my world, I know a lot of people who were so distressed about the election of Trump that they had to go on anxiety medication. They couldn’t sleep. It dominated their lives, their goals, their thoughts, their relationships, their conversations for four years and even to this day. 

Bridge: That is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Why would you let one person in the world control your life? Are you that weak?

Daum: They would say, “Well, he is the president of our country.”

Bridge: There were people who thought that Barack Obama was the Antichrist, too. They lived through that. People don’t agree with Joe Biden now, either. If you really give that much control to someone, there are a lot more deficits in your life than you recognize.

That's an example of something Bridge is consistent about: You need to "take responsibility for your choices and stop blaming other people for your feelings." She presents that as conservative, and I guess it is conservative if liberals won't adopt that position too. Which they could.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/04/opinion/us-conservative-therapy-politics.html

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/10/do-you-think-that-donald-trump-made.html

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

The interviewer Meghan Daum asks the therapist Dea Bridge in "What a Conservative Therapist Thinks About Politics and Mental Health".

Daum: Do you think that Donald Trump made everybody go crazy? 

Bridge: What do you mean by “made everybody go crazy”?

Daum: In my world, I know a lot of people who were so distressed about the election of Trump that they had to go on anxiety medication. They couldn’t sleep. It dominated their lives, their goals, their thoughts, their relationships, their conversations for four years and even to this day. 

Bridge: That is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Why would you let one person in the world control your life? Are you that weak?

Daum: They would say, “Well, he is the president of our country.”

Bridge: There were people who thought that Barack Obama was the Antichrist, too. They lived through that. People don’t agree with Joe Biden now, either. If you really give that much control to someone, there are a lot more deficits in your life than you recognize.

That's an example of something Bridge is consistent about: You need to "take responsibility for your choices and stop blaming other people for your feelings." She presents that as conservative, and I guess it is conservative if liberals won't adopt that position too. Which they could.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/04/opinion/us-conservative-therapy-politics.html

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/10/do-you-think-that-donald-trump-made.html

So Bridge is saying that TDS is "the most ridiculous thing" or that allowing oneself to have TDS is?  Because TDS is real.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

So Bridge is saying that TDS is "the most ridiculous thing" or that allowing oneself to have TDS is?  Because TDS is real.

She obviously meant allowing oneself 

as proven by her next two sentences 

• Like (+1) 1

If you had the misfortune to miss the new ad from Way to Win Action Fund, take heart. Here it is:

Lincoln Project alumna and “political branding strategist” Rachel Bitecofer is doing what she can to promote it, because, as we all know, the best way to conserve conservatism is to promote Democrats and liberal agendas.

• Haha (+1) 1