Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

4 hours ago, Governor said:

It’s amazing to me how people get so bent out of shape about a few thousand dollars in property tax and are willing to give up quality of life over it.

Me and my wife are teachers and in the past 20 years one of my good friends from NY has made about 50k less than us in total. His home in NY was 18 months ago valued about the same as ours. In the 20 years though he has paid 250k more in income and property taxes and I am rounding down. Every year his income tax is 6k more than me and his property taxes are 7+ k more than me. Also my quality of like is better than his by almost any standard, the only thing that keeps him his family 

6 hours ago, Governor said:

This bonus gave recipients more income in benefits than they previously earned by working, but the intuition that it also lead them to avoid finding a new job isn’t quite right. That’s because the benefits do, at some point, end, while workers expect to stay at a job for almost two years. By carefully matching data about workers and employers collected by surveyors, the economists found that most workers would take a job that pays less than UI, particularly as benefits approach their end.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Me and my wife are teachers and in the past 20 years one of my good friends from NY has made about 50k less than us in total. His home in NY was 18 months ago valued about the same as ours. In the 20 years though he has paid 250k more in income and property taxes and I am rounding down. Every year his income tax is 6k more than me and his property taxes are 7+ k more than me. Also my quality of like is better than his by almost any standard, the only thing that keeps him his family 

Buffalo pays teachers like Alabama. I didn’t know that until a few years ago. My girlfriend who’s been teaching 5 years makes 68k here in NJ. When we lived in NC, she would’ve actually taken a decrease if she’d gone to Buffalo……so that’s gotta be top 5 worst place to teach. 

She’d obviously make less in Florida too but I’m not sure exactly how much less. I think St. John’s county pays the best in Florida. Doesn’t the pay go by district down there?

Edited by Governor

8 hours ago, Governor said:

Buffalo pays teachers like Alabama. I didn’t know that until a few years ago. My girlfriend who’s been teaching 5 years makes 68k here in NJ. When we lived in NC, she would’ve actually taken a decrease if she’d gone to Buffalo……so that’s gotta be top 5 worst place to teach. 

She’d obviously make less in Florida too but I’m not sure exactly how much less. I think St. John’s county pays the best in Florida. Doesn’t the pay go by district down there?

Pay is by county but the point you were making of "a few thousand" is not valid if you are successful. If you buy a home you will pay 12k more in taxes to the state and local govt than I do every year. Also my standard of living is very high.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Pay is by county but the point you were making of "a few thousand" is not valid if you are successful. If you buy a home you will pay 12k more in taxes to the state and local govt than I do every year. Also my standard of living is very high.

My gf made 38-41k in NC and now makes 68k. We don’t pay 30k extra a year in taxes. Know what I mean? 

Her pay increases are also much larger and more often here also.

I would agree that moving from upstate NY to Florida would be a different scenario. I wouldn’t enjoy being paid a southern salary and then pay NY taxes.

If we bought a house in our new county on 1 acre it would be 9-10k a year in property taxes. That isn’t enough to make us pack up a moving van and move to Florida in revolt.

She’s also coming from a school in NC that had 10k students and now she has 450 students. I’m sure that makes the job much more gratifying.

Edited by Governor

10 hours ago, Governor said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/01/08/see-which-florida-school-districts-pay-their.html

A restaurant owner says raising wages to $15 would solve her labor shortage - but she'd have to hike menu prices. Instead, she's turning to automated drive-thrus.

A fast-food franchisee says she's turning to automated drive-thrus to solve her labor shortage, rather than offering a $15 hourly wage to attract new staff.

Shana Gonzales, a Checkers franchisee who owns four restaurants in the Atlanta area, told The New York Times that she wanted to hire more workers, but that it wouldn't be profitable. She said raising wages to $14 or $15 would allow her to fully staff her restaurants - but that she'd have to raise menu prices, which could deter customers.

https://www.businessinsider.com/labor-shortage-restaurant-staff-workers-wages-minimum-automation-menu-prices-2021-7

You don't support the middle class if you support $15 minimum wage.

We told you there are reasons only Big Corporations (and 17 year olds) support it.  

2 hours ago, Governor said:

4 times your rent would be my guess.

This isn’t complicated. If you can’t afford rent then you need to make adjustments in your life, job, or location. Rents are based on supply and demand. Apartments, in general, aren’t sitting empty. Their price is based on the people who are willing to pay that rent. 

23 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This isn’t complicated. If you can’t afford rent then you need to make adjustments in your life, job, or location. Rents are based on supply and demand. Apartments, in general, aren’t sitting empty. Their price is based on the people who are willing to pay that rent. 

You mean rent prices won't stay the same and will increase? 🤯

13 hours ago, Doc said:

You mean rent prices won't stay the same and will increase? 🤯

Rents are going up due to Biden policies.  What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

How long can supply shortages continue?

As the global economy kicks into high gear following the pandemic, demand for certain consumer goods and tech components has outstripped supply, leading to shortages of everything from cars to household appliances.

Shortages are not something consumers in developed economies are used to dealing with. They are annoying. But they can also feed inflation, because consumers are competing over fewer products, driving up prices.

The big question is how long shortages will persist. For clues, investors can look to Asia, where supplier delivery times across manufacturing sectors increased in June. Industrial production in South Korea and Japan fell in May.

"All of this will reinforce concerns that supply is failing to keep pace with red-hot demand and provide more grist to the inflation mill," said Neil Shearing, group chief economist at Capital Economics.

"Supply shortages are not going to disappear overnight — on the contrary, they are likely to persist in some form until well into 2022," he added.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/06/investing/premarket-stocks-trading/index.html

• Haha (+1) 1

Democrats Are Trying to Recreate the 2008 Financial Crisis and You Should Be Asking Why

Yesterday evening, I stumbled across a news story over at Politico that I had to double-check the date on. It read like something you would have seen in 2006, when sub-prime mortgages were being pushed by the government to increase homeownership for low-income individuals, ultimately leading to the 2008 financial collapse.

But no, it’s from the present day.

The problem with this is simple. You can not “expand” access to a loan that a person is not qualified for and not have it lead to financial ruin for everyone involved. Guidelines for credit scores, down payments, and held capital to receive loans exist for a reason, and it’s not because banks want to limit their customer base.

Rather, it’s because lending to low-income individuals who have terrible credit and no ability to pay back a loan is asinine. It ensures the low-income individual sinks further into financial despair while the bank is left holding the bag, and in the case of 2008, taxpayers were ultimately put on the hook for ensuring a complete collapse didn’t occur.

Given that, what politician in their right mind would stump for increased access to loans for low-income individuals outside of the already fairly lax restrictions in regards to getting an FHA loan? That’s a good question, and it’s one not likely to be answered with any logical consistency.

Instead, my suspicion is that Democrats think another housing crisis would benefit their political wants. After all, what better way is there to delegitimize the housing market than to cause its collapse, thereby justifying a bigger, more expensive, more powerful government to “solve” the problem?

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/07/06/democrats-are-trying-to-recreate-the-2008-financial-crisis-and-you-should-be-asking-why-n407219

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Instead, my suspicion is that Democrats think another housing crisis would benefit their political wants. After all, what better way is there to delegitimize the housing market than to cause its collapse, thereby justifying a bigger, more expensive, more powerful government to “solve” the problem?

Ah, yes.  Democrats want the market to have a 2008 market type collapse leading to a recession going into 2024 because that's what wins elections.

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Democrats Are Trying to Recreate the 2008 Financial Crisis and You Should Be Asking Why

Yesterday evening, I stumbled across a news story over at Politico that I had to double-check the date on. It read like something you would have seen in 2006, when sub-prime mortgages were being pushed by the government to increase homeownership for low-income individuals, ultimately leading to the 2008 financial collapse.

The problem with this is simple. You can not “expand” access to a loan that a person is not qualified for and not have it lead to financial ruin for everyone involved. Guidelines for credit scores, down payments, and held capital to receive loans exist for a reason, and it’s not because banks want to limit their customer base.

Rather, it’s because lending to low-income individuals who have terrible credit and no ability to pay back a loan is asinine. It ensures the low-income individual sinks further into financial despair while the bank is left holding the bag, and in the case of 2008, taxpayers were ultimately put on the hook for ensuring a complete collapse didn’t occur.

Given that, what politician in their right mind would stump for increased access to loans for low-income individuals outside of the already fairly lax restrictions in regards to getting an FHA loan? That’s a good question, and it’s one not likely to be answered with any logical consistency.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/07/06/democrats-are-trying-to-recreate-the-2008-financial-crisis-and-you-should-be-asking-why-n407219

What a f....ing nightmare 

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Ah, yes.  Democrats want the market to have a 2008 market type collapse leading to a recession going into 2024 because that's what wins elections.

The Democrats only play the long game.  

They'll worry about the next rigged election when it's time and have the People's Republic of Silicon Valley to help them 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Democrats only play the long game.  

They'll worry about the next rigged election when it's time and have the People's Republic of Silicon Valley to help them 

LOL.  Justify the flawed logic of one bat$$hit crazy conspiracy theory by creating a new one.

27 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

LOL.  Justify the flawed logic of one bat$$hit crazy conspiracy theory by creating a new one.

They designed Obamacare to fail as well.  

It was the starter home.  

12 years later - its on to Universal Healthcare

Housing crisis?  10 Years from now - guaranteed housing for all - paid with other people's money.  

The new Communist Mayor of Buffalo is freaking telling you this.   

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

Low IQ ones, that's who.

17 minutes ago, Irv said:

Simply amazing how quickly senile Joe and his Squad messed things up so badly.  What a mess.  

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lindsey-graham-amazed-at-how-badly-bidens-first-six-months-have-been

Lindsay Graham? Trumps lap dog? LMAO?

Why isn’t Lindsay in jail for calling and coercing Secretaries of States encouraging them to flip their states?

Irv - you are a mess.  Keep up the good work. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

U.S. gas prices highest in 7 years, up 40% since January

CBS News, by Kate Gibson

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gas-prices-highest-in-7-years/

They keep reporting there is a lack of tanker drivers, many laid off during covid moved on to other trucking jobs or retired. There is ample supply of gasoline not enough tanker drivers. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

They keep reporting there is a lack of tanker drivers, many laid off during covid moved on to other trucking jobs or retired. There is ample supply of gasoline not enough tanker drivers. 

Maybe a pipeline could help?  Thanks Biden/Squad.  What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

Don't forget Dems may be saying this is a policy for the cities - its b.s.   They want the localities (in the suburbs) to remove the Single Family Ordinance so that they can move more people from inner cities to the suburbs:

President Joe Biden wants cities to put more apartment buildings and multifamily units, such as converted garages, in areas traditionally zoned for single-family housing. As part of his $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan, cities would allow for smaller lots and for apartment buildings with fewer than six units to be built next to a traditional house. 

Current zoning laws that favor single-family homes – known as exclusionary zoning – have disproportionately hurt low-income Americans. Many of them can't afford to buy a big lot of land, leaving them trapped in crowded neighborhoods earmarked in the past for Black and brown residents, while white families were able to move to single-family areas in the suburbs.

Biden’s proposal would award grants and tax credits to cities that change zoning laws to bolster more equitable access to affordable housing. A house with a white picket fence and a big backyard for a Fourth of July barbecue may be a staple of the American dream, but experts and local politicians say multifamily zoning is key to combating climate change, racial injustice and the nation's growing affordable housing crisis.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/nation/2021/04/14/zoning-biden-infrastructure-bill-would-curb-single-family-housing/7097434002/

Edited by Big Blitz

$15 an hour isn't buying you gas and groceries.  

Some quick math:  15 x 40 = 600.  So $2400 a month.  After taxes that's about $2000 or less.   

Minimum 4 trips to the gas station = $150 to 200.....and rising.  

Food = Let's say $400.....and rising.  

So we're down to $1400 or less left per month - have we gotten to rent yet?  Your phone and streams of choice bills?  Easily another $200.  

And if you're going to say "this wage isn't really for people paying rent yet.  They still live at home."  

Really?  Then why do they need $15 an hour?  Why are they calling it a liveable wage?  My 15 year old doesn't need $15 an hour he needs to learn how to value hard work and that his job is always at risk of being replaced by a machine or virtual learning. 

Another total sham.   "Liveable wage."   Yea let them start telling you what that is.  We're so stupid.  Political football designed to fire up the union folks and the 18 to 21 year old vote nothing more.  And create cost increases on the consumer and employer.  That has made doing business near impossible.   

Guaranteed that Fight for $15 becomes Fight for $30 by 2022 campaign season.  Set that in stone.

We were debating $15 way way way way way way back in 2012.  Rapid inflation has made this debate totally worthless. 

*checks notes*

What did we do in the early 80s to deal with inflation?  Did we raise the minimum wage?    

In 1970 it was $10 in today's dollars.  

In 1985 it was $7.82.  Keeping it flat from 1980 and beyond.  It 1995 it was $4.25.  $7 today.   

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1065466/real-nominal-value-minimum-wage-us/

There is absolutely zero correlation with minimum wage increases and economic growth.  None.  It's the opposite.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

$15 an hour isn't buying you gas and groceries.  

Some quick math:  15 x 40 = 600.  So $2400 a month.  After taxes that's about $2000 or less.   

Minimum 4 trips to the gas station = $150 to 200.....and rising.  

Food = Let's say $400.....and rising.  

So we're down to $1400 or less left per month - have we gotten to rent yet?  Your phone and streams of choice bills?  Easily another $200.  

And if you're going to say "this wage isn't really for people paying rent yet.  They still live at home."  

Really?  Then why do they need $15 an hour?  Why are they calling it a liveable wage?  My 15 year old doesn't need $15 an hour he needs to learn how to value hard work and that his job is always at risk of being replaced by a machine or virtual learning. 

Another total sham.   "Liveable wage."   Yea let them start telling you what that is.  We're so stupid.  Political football designed to fire up the union folks and the 18 to 21 year old vote nothing more.  And create cost increases on the consumer and employer.  That has made doing business near impossible.   

Guaranteed that Fight for $15 becomes Fight for $30 by 2022 campaign season.  Set that in stone.

We were debating $15 way way way way way way back in 2012.  Rapid inflation has made this debate totally worthless. 

*checks notes*

What did we do in the early 80s to deal with inflation?  Did we raise the minimum wage?    

In 1970 it was $10 in today's dollars.  

In 1985 it was $7.82.  Keeping it flat from 1980 and beyond.  It 1995 it was $4.25.  $7 today.   

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1065466/real-nominal-value-minimum-wage-us/

There is absolutely zero correlation with minimum wage increases and economic growth.  None.  It's the opposite.  

Most people that live on minimum wage share rent/entertainment (cable/streaming)/utilities via a significant other or a roommate/roommates so based on that your math is off.  

Edited by Chef Jim