Name a Right Wing Position

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Try reading my post again with your glasses on.

Besides my problem isn't with all elderly.   It's with conspiracy mongering old farts who are filled only with spite and negativity.  You should inspire not try your best rile others up with insanity.  Weren't you the one who was trying to say the war in Ukraine was fake?  I mean, if I'm recalling that right, then you are mentally ill. 

Maybe I am right with what ive said 100x before.  Maybe covid really broke you.  More than likely you were a grumpy old man before that.  You probably don't even realize it.  That's sad.  

"Maybe if a few Boomers go bye-bye..."  I got suspended for a week last year  for a comment about it "raining libs"  I never said that the Ukraine war was fake. I am not filled with spite. I just point out the left's hypocracy with humor. Conspiracy?  Russian interference?, Trump is Putin's puppet? Hunter's laptop is fake? Several cops killed on Jan 6? Etc ad infinitum.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Can you cry for me?

I both love and hate that the average age of the typical conservative poster here is so high.  While it makes almost all your takes boring and rote, it means the future has hope.  Hope to rid the country of the incessant conspiracy driven fear that owns your political views.

Kay's comment above about this place is spot on.  Ya'll are crying commie or tranny without end.  You all constantly defend the indefensible because they're on your side....it's sad but hey, your all old.  If the young agreed with you loonies then I might be a scared little Nancy like you guys.  

Who is "you all"?  Please quote me where I have ever cried commie or tranny without end.

I have no idea how old you are, but I'll let in on a little secret.  This great day arrives and all these old people are dead which you can't wait for is still probably 15-20 years away.  In that time you will be guess what?  Getting 15-20 years older yourself if you live that long (no guarantee you will).  ThenThere will be young whippersnappers calling you old and out of touch and can't wait til YOU die.

I find this trend over the last 10 years or so of the battle of the generations gross.  See the whole "OK Boomer" rage.  Not surprising though since now everyone is in a tribe (race,gender,sexual orientation,generation) nowadays.  

Do you honestly think its perfectly OK to make fun of people for medical conditions (enlarged prostate)?  Would it be OK if I made fun of @muppy going through menopause?

Edited by reddogblitz

By all rights I should be dead for almost 9 years already.  Heard my bp (247/72!) back in 2014.  First thing I thought was  how come I'm not dead. Had a stroke the next day.  This is all bonus time.  Nothing bothers me now.

If I can rile up you lefties with some comments, It's all gravy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 2

8 hours ago, Wacka said:

"Maybe if a few Boomers go bye-bye..."  I got suspended for a week last year  for a comment about it "raining libs"  I never said that the Ukraine war was fake. I am not filled with spite. I just point out the left's hypocracy with humor. Conspiracy?  Russian interference?, Trump is Putin's puppet? Hunter's laptop is fake? Several cops killed on Jan 6? Etc ad infinitum.

Strange when you ignore part of what I said it changes the meaning.

Conspiracy vs hyperbole.  The left does love a good exaggeration. 

You shouldn't have been suspended imo.  Short of threats we should be able to say anything (i guess i should add within reason, nothing racial etc).   

7 hours ago, Wacka said:

By all rights I should be dead for almost 9 years already.  Heard my bp (247/72!) back in 2014.  First thing I thought was  how come I'm not dead. Had a stroke the next day.  This is all bonus time.  Nothing bothers me now.

If I can rile up you lefties with some comments, It's all gravy.

It'll take more to rile me up but keep trying.   

Kidding aside good for you on the health front, I wish ill on no one.

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/11/2023 at 8:52 AM, Chris farley said:

Are you the victim or the white night that identifies the victims and tries to save them?

I’m the latter, though not all heroes wear capes…or white metallic armor. A select few SLAY with cute-as-sh!t blazer dresses and color matching heels.

So you’re basically opining that the observed decline in American socioeconomic mobility is largely a function of poor work ethic among the working class, Millennials, and Gen Z’ers…correct?

A riveting thesis, truly, though it seems like you’ve overlooked all the well-known data showing how American worker productivity has actually INCREASED while wages have stagnated. And did you factor in the collapse in labor union power, the outsourcing of jobs overseas, market distortions due to corporate deregulatory policies, and all the market distortions due to extreme wealth disparity between the professional/managerial class and the victims of neoliberalism that I’ve delineated??

Furthermore, you mentioned how these alleged victims are simply not availing themselves of all the wonderful public welfare programs in America. But did you know that these programs are way better funded, more comprehensive, more robust, and not constantly under political attack in countries with healthier socioeconomic mobility metrics? Nowadays, the so-called “American Dream” is somehow better implemented in many of the countries that our ancestors rushed to leave!

The fundamental problem with your line of thinking is one of overlooked temporal constraints. No matter one’s work ethic, there are only 24 hours in a day, 365 days in a year, and roughly 4 viable decades in the work force. If a given capitalistic (or rather: mixed economy) system contains enough inherent barriers to socioeconomic advancement, large enough subsets of the population will simply run out of time to overcome the numerous costs and obstacles that life typically presents which inhibit wealth building.

On 4/11/2023 at 5:48 PM, L Ron Burgundy said:

We could use your voice more than ever.

Sure, just “@” my name if you think I can help push forward a conversation! I usually visit TBD a few times a week. You probably know my politics pretty well by now: standard Sandernista stuff, more or less. My favorite topics are macroeconomics, foreign policy, energy, and the environment. Definitely “@” my name if you see anyone discussing Marianne Williamson’s 2024 presidential run.

On 4/12/2023 at 2:06 AM, redtail hawk said:

It seems younger Americans are generally more thoughtful and analytical...agree or disagree?

Hi redtail hawk,

Hmmm…well that’s a bit of a loaded question! I’d rather limit my polemical scope to this: “the right-wing posters of PPP are generally not very thoughtful or analytical; they only happen to be predominantly over the age of 40.”

You ask how we can make things better while avoiding civil war. The first step would be overturning Citizens United v. FEC. This will require grassroots movements and most likely the unification of the white working class with minorities, Millennials, Gen Z, and Latinos. These groups can only unify with open dialogue via independent media. A few steps down the line, American imperialism must end so that money can be redirected away from the military-industrial complex and toward domestic projects. A few steps after that would be socializing all aspects of health care. Nothing would improve socioeconomic mobility more than that…not even free college/trade school.

The first step I outlined will be the hardest. It’s hard enough building legislative momentum; I suspect the Supreme Court, in its current structure, is going to be an even bigger problem. We’re going to need a president in place to bully the SC like FDR did to the Lochner era court.

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Do you honestly think its perfectly OK to make fun of people for medical conditions (enlarged prostate)?

For the record: “enlarged prostate” was my insult, not L Ron Burgundy’s. If making fun of the medical conditions of older men is verboten, does that mean you guys will stop attacking Biden’s dementia?? I can work on my heartfelt apology to PPP’s male right-wing Boomer crowd as soon as all you wizened weirdos outline what you plan to do to stop the abortion red state trigger laws. Capiche?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Federal law requires background checks.

Current federal law requires background checks to be performed for anyone purchasing a firearm at a federally licensed gun dealer–however only 40% of guns sold in the US are sold through a federally licensed dealer.

In most states, sales at gun shows, flea markets, and private gun sales are not subject to regulations. States with universal background check laws require that all sales of firearms take place through a licensed dealer who can perform a background check prior to the sale.

https://www.aap.org/en/advocacy/state-advocacy/universal-background-checks-for-gun-purchases/

Edited by Andy1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Current federal law requires background checks to be performed for anyone purchasing a firearm at a federally licensed gun dealer–however only 40% of guns sold in the US are sold through a federally licensed dealer.

In most states, sales at gun shows, flea markets, and private gun sales are not subject to regulations. States with universal background check laws require that all sales of firearms take place through a licensed dealer who can perform a background check prior to the sale.

The cult doesn’t care about facts 

27 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

https://www.aap.org/en/advocacy/state-advocacy/universal-background-checks-for-gun-purchases/

Not all states with background check laws require that all sales be checked. But nonetheless, the majority of all sales in the US go through a background check. The post I responded to said otherwise.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Andy1 said:

40%. even Anti second PACS dont try to argue that number. 

PolitiFact | What percentage of gun sales are done without a background check?

https://www.factcheck.org/2013/03/guns-acquired-without-background-checks/

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Heck of a pinch. Do you just continue and graduate them when they are not ready for college and get their arses handed to them in the real world?  

or worry that they might drop out due to higher standards?  

FBI investigating GOP Okla. officials caught on tape talking about lynching Black people, murdering newspaper reporters

The transcript suggests that the group first started discussing a recent fire which killed a woman and her two dogs. The group joked about the woman’s body parts falling off her body, and that it is similar to eating barbecue.

“So we get her in the body bag and Kyler goes, ‘You do know what we gotta do right?’ Faith goes, ‘No, what?’ He goes, ‘You gotta pre-heat the oven 350 degrees, leave her in there for 15 minutes,’” said Clardy.”

“I’m gonna tell you something. If it was back in the day, when that when Alan Marshton would take a damn Black guy and whoop their ass and throw him in the cell? I’d run for f—ing sheriff,” Jennings said.

After Clardy said things aren’t like that anymore, Jennings continued.

“I know. Take them down to Mud Creek and hang them up with a damn rope. But you can’t do that anymore. They got more rights than we got.”

Jennings supposedly went on to say that he knows of two large pre-dug holes “if you ever need them,” referring to disposing the remains of Bruce Willingham and his son, Chris, also a Gazette-News reporter.

Jennings also said that he knows of “two or three hit men, they’re very quiet guys.”

Manning chimed in and claimed nobody would care if two of the Gazette-News’ reporters were harmed. “Yeah, but here’s the reality,” Manning allegedly said. “If a hair on his wife’s head, Chris Willingham’s head, or any of those people that really were behind that, if any hair on their head got touched by anybody, who would be the bad guy?”

The trio was supposedly frustrated with the Gazette-News portraying the sheriff’s office unfavorably in their reporting.”

• Angry 1

Still true.

On 5/16/2021 at 10:47 PM, B-Man said:

There is only one Conservative position, from which all others grow.

The God given,  say nature given if you would rather,  LIBERTY of the INDIVIDUAL.

No group rights,    No government given freedoms.

The INDIVIDUAL and the freedoms that he/she enjoys.

'

Edited by B-Man
  • Thank you (+1) 1

“Stop the Steal” Organizer Apologizes After Being Accused of Asking Teen Boys for D*ck Pics

“In 2017, Aidan Duncan—a 15-year-old boy in Colorado interested in right-wing politics—sent Alexander nude pictures after Alexander asked him for them, according to an account Duncan gave in a March 2023 podcast appearance.”

Looks like the grooming was coming from inside the house…

59 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Tell me you don't understand individual liberty,

without saying it.

Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins. 

E.g., your right to do stupid stuff like drive gigantic polluting trucks or throw car batteries in the ocean does not override someone else's right to have a clean environment and health. 

There are too many negative externalities and too much information asymmetry to do away with government. 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

The Left proves once again that it is literally horrible at humor. I assume this lame cartoon is supposed to be DeSantis? When in fact it’s actually EVERY SINGLE high school principal in America. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Haha (+1) 2

So here is what the Republican platform is so far.

Guns for everyone. Oppose any sensible restrictions on access. Open carry and stand your ground laws.

Tell teachers how to teach American history

Defunding libraries and book banning

Increasingly extreme anti abortion laws

Telling corporations how they can communicate and  market their products

Fighting a battle against Mickey Mouse

Defending J 6th

Defending Trump in every case

Restricting voting access for Gen Z

Their main media outlet has admitted to repeatedly lying to the public on election fraud

Make America Great Again

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1