NFL extends Int’l Pathways Program to a third year - Positively impacts Christian Wade

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If this guy was good, he’d be on the team already. It’s not Major League Baseball. People just need to accept the fact that the guy is never going to matter here. It’s no big deal.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If this guy was good, he’d be on the team already. It’s not Major League Baseball. People just need to accept the fact that the guy is never going to matter here. It’s no big deal.

Er....he did need to learn the game of football.  I hear that sometimes takes a bit of time.

And of course, no one on an NFL practice squad ever developed, made the regular roster, and became a starter.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Er....he did need to learn the game of football.  I hear that sometimes takes a bit of time.

And of course, no one on an NFL practice squad ever developed, made the regular roster, and became a starter.

Exactly, they're keeping him around for a reason. And furthermore the NFL is a business. Wade currently represents a very cheap extra running back. I think in order for him to make the roster, he would actually have to be better than all the backs on the team. In that respect, he's at a disadvantage.

On 3/27/2021 at 3:25 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I look forward to another year of, “can we activate Christian Wade?” Posts. 

Yes, those are always the best of the “ I’m not paying any attention” posts we see every season, 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Yes, those are always the best of the “ I’m not paying any attention” posts we see every season, 👍

Technically, the Bills can activate him if they put him on the PS without the exempt status. So then he would take up one of the 16 spots. They may do that or if they can’t they might tell him and his agent to take a look around the league for a team that will. He’s getting up there in age so it’s now or never. 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Technically, the Bills can activate him if they put him on the PS without the exempt status. So then he would take up one of the 16 spots. They may do that or if they can’t they might tell him and his agent to take a look around the league for a team that will. He’s getting up there in age so it’s now or never. 

Agreed, being that we both payed attention…, we knew this…, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

If he doesn’t make the roster this year, he might as well give up.  He’s too old to be waiting around, he’s had 2 years to grasp the concepts, either you do, or you don’t.  It’s football, not rocket surgery.   His window is closing fast, he better step on the gas.

6 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

Exactly, they're keeping him around for a reason. And furthermore the NFL is a business. Wade currently represents a very cheap extra running back. I think in order for him to make the roster, he would actually have to be better than all the backs on the team. In that respect, he's at a disadvantage.

Well the reason they're keeping him around is technically he doesn't cost against a roster spot 

So it's no risk, with reward if he somehow pans out 

He's been a professional athlete so he knows the work ethic, probably a good team guy

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It’s been 3 years and he’s a RB. What is the guy going to figure it out and get on this team when he’s 30 as a RB? By now you are moving on from a guy that old at RB. It’s a cool story I guess. He will probably get a few moments in a pre season again. But people act like he’s this gem we have for down the line stuff…it’s not happening.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s been 3 years and he’s a RB. What is the guy going to figure it out and get on this team when he’s 30 as a RB? By now you are moving on from a guy that old at RB. It’s a cool story I guess. He will probably get a few moments in a pre season again. But people act like he’s this gem we have for down the line stuff…it’s not happening.

I hear you Brian, but I still think it’s entirely possible especially given the limited careers that running backs have nowadays and the fact that physically he hasn’t taken a lot of damage over the last few years. He could have a nice little career starting now until the time he is 35. That’s six years including this year.

There are two really loud Christian Wade factions…

1) The group that believes Christian Wade is a NFL running back right now and needs to make the roster and the Bills are doing him a disservice by keeping him on the practice squad.

2) The group that believes Christian Wade is not good at all and will never be good and is wasting a spot for someone else and they’re tired of hearing about him (thanks group #1). 

Both sides are out of touch and don’t understand the purpose of keeping Christian Wade around. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

There are two really loud Christian Wade factions…

1) The group that believes Christian Wade is a NFL running back right now and needs to make the roster and the Bills are doing him a disservice by keeping him on the practice squad.

2) The group that believes Christian Wade is not good at all and will never be good and is wasting a spot for someone else and they’re tired of hearing about him (thanks group #1). 

Both sides are out of touch and don’t understand the purpose of keeping Christian Wade around. 

Does every team utilize the international player program?

12 hours ago, DCofNC said:

If he doesn’t make the roster this year, he might as well give up.  He’s too old to be waiting around, he’s had 2 years to grasp the concepts, either you do, or you don’t.  It’s football, not rocket surgery.   His window is closing fast, he better step on the gas.

🙃