Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

HOUSE

11 hours ago, Markaf431 said:

so with four women stepping forward, you still believe Watson? With one I could see it. The more the numbers are climbing, the worse it looks on him

How many examples of this happening and proving to be complete bs have to happen before a little bit of doubt creeps into your mind?

Sexual assault allegations have been weaponized. Your name is protected, it's nearly impossible (most of the time) to prove what actually happened, and there are zero consequences for lying. The upside is a lot of sympathy fame and money, which really hurts actual victims who want real justice. The allegations could be true, but throwing more logs on the fire doesn't make it any more or less credible to me.

11 hours ago, wppete said:

Shocked! Deshaun Watson doesn’t look good in these accusations.... I think we should all believe all women And their accusations... Victims need a voice and need to be heard ....

Believe all women? How about the ancient principle of innocent until proven guilty?

17 minutes ago, Boxcar said:Sexual assault allegations have been weaponized. Your name is protected, it's nearly impossible (most of the time) to prove what actually happened, and there are zero consequences for lying. The upside is a lot of sympathy fame and money, which really hurts actual victims who want real justice. The allegations could be true, but throwing more logs on the fire doesn't make it any more or less credible to me.

Sadly, who you accuse is more important than what they did. If you accuse the “right” person, fame, glory, TV appearances. 

Accuse the “wrong” person, it’s public shame, mocking, ridicule and you get to have your name dragged through the mud. 

Seems like Watson is the “wrong” person to accuse. 

15 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Not surprised this thread has turned into a cesspool.  It’s actually possible to view the allegations with skepticism but also hear the alleged victims out.  

What? That's what people are waiting for. Until then, there's no reason to assume guilt.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, wppete said:

Shocked! Deshaun Watson doesn’t look good in these accusations.... I think we should all believe all women And their accusations... Victims need a voice and need to be heard ....

Theres a flip side to the coin, and this logic has landed many innocent men in jail, bankrupt or both. Best to look at each case seperately based on facts!

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

Theres a flip side to the coin, and this logic has landed many innocent men in jail, bankrupt or both. Best to look at each case seperately based on facts!

Amazing how the tide is turning... Keep the same energy as the kids say 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Hmm so Buzbee doesn’t want to try these cases in the press but is basically updating his instagram in real time with information about these cases (and he’s pointing out all the “death threats” he’s getting.) 

Oh and he’s “never been a Texans fan” but he paid for billboards in Houston imploring Bob McNair to draft Johnny Manziel. Okay. 

This lawyer makes Saul Goodman look like freakin King Solomon in the Bible

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

What? That's what people are waiting for. Until then, there's no reason to assume guilt.

Not assuming he’s guilty. But I’m also definitely not assuming he’s not guilty and it’s some conspiracy on behalf of the team, a “money grab”, or some crazy scheme he came up with to get out of Houston. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Not assuming he’s guilty. But I’m also definitely not assuming he’s not guilty and it’s some conspiracy on behalf of the team, a “money grab”, or some crazy scheme he came up with to get out of Houston. 

Yeah, either way though I think this has a chance to affect him in some way in regards to a trade (if they were considering that) and I guess possibly contract issues, not sure.

Also possibly could get suspended I would guess. Anyway, it's certainly not a good thing for him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That certainly doesn’t sound fabricated to me. Very sad. 

BB Smiling and calls the Texans “I’ll give you a 3rd and two 4ths for Watson” (evil laughs as they accept)

In all seriousness if he assaulted them why didn’t they go to the police first and file charges? Was it because he turned over and exposed himself making them gasp!? Or did he physically touch them? 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It looks like he won't be playing anywhere until this and the other allegations are settled civilly and criminally.  If he's criminally charged and convicted his career is over.  

Houston is now locked into Tyrod as their starter.  Watson can't be traded before the draft & without a trade Houston can't draft another QB.   

• Like (+1) 1