Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

HOUSE

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The stories seem consistent with a pattern of behaviour. Even if first impressions are that the lawyer involved is a bit of a publicity seeker himself it doesn't look good for Watson. Inclined to believe there is some fire with this smoke. 

I am still suspicious of the lawyer, simply giving a bunch of women similar stories is not enough for me, though a lot of stuff apparently went through twitter and Instagram and the big facts for me:

1) did he hire all of his massages once per person? If I need a massage and have a good person I go back repeatedly 

2) did he only get them at home or were these supplemental to his ones at the facilities?

3) how did he find these women? If all these women were found on instagram and they can show he only found them there he will have a hard time explaining this.

I in general do not trust lawyers like this guy but if he has done this 9+ times the pattern should be able to be shown with a digital trail- it does not need to be every girl but at least a few.

51 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am still suspicious of the lawyer, simply giving a bunch of women similar stories is not enough for me, though a lot of stuff apparently went through twitter and Instagram and the big facts for me:

1) did he hire all of his massages once per person? If I need a massage and have a good person I go back repeatedly 

2) did he only get them at home or were these supplemental to his ones at the facilities?

3) how did he find these women? If all these women were found on instagram and they can show he only found them there he will have a hard time explaining this.

I in general do not trust lawyers like this guy but if he has done this 9+ times the pattern should be able to be shown with a digital trail- it does not need to be every girl but at least a few.

Having NINE women come forward, all through the same lawyer, and none of them going to the police makes me MORE skeptical of this story than if it was only 1 woman (or just a few). 

• Agree 1

My thing in all of this is Watson is young, raf, and should have no problems getting his **** wet whenever he wants. What in the actual :censored: are you thinking to do something or even put yourself in the situation where you could be accused of something like this? 

• Thank you (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Serious question:

When a lawsuit is filed, can one party's lawyers file some sort of gag order to prevent the other party's lawyers from dragging their client's name through the mud or trying the case in the "court of public opinion"?

nope, some parts of a lawsuit are confidential, but a party can really talk as much as they want.  

1 - if Watson did this, he’s a scumbag and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law

2 - I absolutely don’t trust that lawyer

3 - I still do struggle with all of the allegations coming at the same time, especially given Watson’s situation with the Texans

4 - if these women and lawyer are lying, they should be prosecuted. It’s far too easy to ruin someone’s life with an allegation. 

5 - when the Bill Cosby thing happened, it just showed you don’t really know any of these people. Everything I’ve heard about Watson is awesome. It would suck to thing he was a scum human.

6 - you think the religious guy running the Texans would get rid of a guy like that at all costs. 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, H2o said:

My thing in all of this is Watson is young, raf, and should have no problems getting his **** wet whenever he wants. What in the actual :censored: are you thinking to do something or even put yourself in the situation where you could be accused of something like this? 

I struggle with this too. But I think it comes down to rich dudes with power. A lot of hideous looking dudes get women because of their status and aren’t used to hearing no. They just assume the girl wants to. 

really hope that isn’t the case with Watson. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, H2o said:

He is but some people get weird after fame and money.  Not saying this is Watson, he's innocent until proven guilty.  

Did you see what Louis CK was doing after he was getting huge?  He's not a great looking guy but he's famous....he can still get gorgeous women.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I struggle with this too. But I think it comes down to rich dudes with power. A lot of hideous looking dudes get women because of their status and aren’t used to hearing no. They just assume the girl wants to. 

really hope that isn’t the case with Watson.

[Edited to remove political reference - mod]

Well yeah, those people are crazy.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t believe they have time to sign all these FAs with the lawsuits they are filing on the side

If I was a Houston Texans employee, I would hope I was non-exempt status and collect all the overtime.

55 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's a puzzle, for sure.  But it seems like athletes around the NFL who are young, relatively wealthy (even the rookie practice squad guys are making money in the 95th percentile for the US, straight out of college), and have the social "capital" of playing a professional sport, regularly get into trouble with sketchy encounters when it would seem probable to us that there would be women lining up to give them whatever they want, in an aboveboard and 100% consensual way.

I can only think that the ambiguity or risks of the situation must be part of the allure.  Look at the "Cheesecake Factory #### ###" story about Baker Mayfield.  Someone here who seems to have some inside info about Berea said something to the effect that it was considered "par for the course" with Mayfield's behaviors at the time and that his wife knew and was OK with it, IIRC.

That woman, taking her story at face value, was very clear about the consentuality of what happened - she knew beforehand what Mayfield wanted, she came there expecting to provide it, they chatted, then Mayfield explicitly asked "are we gonna do this or not?" giving her a chance to back out or go forward.  Mayfield came out of that episode (again, taking it at face value) looking like a sleeze, but a consentual sleeze.

But Mayfield had clearly put himself in a situation (again, taking story at face value that it occurred) where the woman could have told a totally different version, made him look much worse, and hired a lawyer.  Then if the "par for the course" part was correct, maybe a dozen other women woulda come out of the woodwork.

Why would a guy do that?  I can only think either the risks of the situation must be part of what they want, or they're so focused on football that they have no clue as to other ways to proceed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He is but some people get weird after fame and money.  Not saying this is Watson, he's innocent until proven guilty.  

Did you see what Louis CK was doing after he was getting huge?  He's not a great looking guy but he's famous....he can still get gorgeous women.

It’s so weird how different men and women are. I don’t care how famous or rich a woman is, it doesn’t make her more attractive. They talk about David Spade killing it in Hollywood and he’s like 5’3”.

and Louis CK’s stuff was so freaking weird.

11 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

my guess would be even with a confidentiality, a pro athlete with that kind of money and image to protect is probably more wary of soliciting that type of thing and leaving an electronic trail than something like a massage.

Which apparently has also left an electronic trail, but not one that shows what services were expected and consented to

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s so weird how different men and women are. I don’t care how famous or rich a woman is, it doesn’t make her more attractive. They talk about David Spade killing it in Hollywood and he’s like 5’3”.

and Louis CK’s stuff was so freaking weird.

I wouldn't hook up with Whoopie Goldberg but hundreds of female Instagram models would....just because she's rich and famous.

I don't care if she's a cashier at Target or lingerie model.....If I'm attracted to you, I'm attracted to you.  The title/status/wealth means nothing to me.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wouldn't hook up with Whoopie Goldberg but hundreds of female Instagram models would....just because she's rich and famous.

I don't care if she's a cashier at Target or lingerie model.....If I'm attracted to you, I'm attracted to you.  The title/status/wealth means nothing to me.  

I love target so that would be an added bonus. 😉