Titans release Adoree Jackson and sign Janoris Jenkins to replace him

39 minutes ago, Georgie said:

No returns the past couple years. Didnt play at all. 2020? Had a couple injuries 

40 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don’t know a ton about his play at TN, but OTC has his value at about $2M. That can’t be right, right?

Looks about right.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Adoree Jackson release, 5th yr option fully gtd tomorrow
6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So true haha. I just posted this in a different thread talking about Dupree...

"Dupree is an upgrade for them at edge rusher, but he's a solid, try hard player rather than an elite one. Autry was a sneaky good move by them as well.

But they've lost Jonnu Smith and Corey Davis already. Adam Humphries, Kalif Raymond, Malcolm Butler, Jadeveon Clowney, DaQuan Jones, Desmond King, and Jayon Brown are all UFAs hitting the market and they've released Dennis Kelly, Adoree Jackson, and Kenny Vaccaro. They have limited cap space and have proven to be pretty brutal at drafting in recent years. 

Their defense was awful last year and is probably less talented as it stands given the additions/subtractions and now their offense is literally either Derrick Henry or AJ Brown. They need to make some serious moves and hit on their top picks to even make the playoffs in 2021 IMO."

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So he must have signed his 5th year option under the old CBA rules that still allowed this?  Now can no longer do this without still taking the $$ hit from what I understand.

I have not heard that change.

That would be big news.

There are no other instances of automatically guaranteed base salary contracts in the NFL..........guarantees are individually negotiated into contracts.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I have not heard that change.

That would be big news.

There are no other instances of automatically guaranteed base salary contracts in the NFL..........guarantees are individually negotiated into contracts.

My understanding on 5th year options say Edmunds, they could give him the 5th year option before May of this year, but then if he doesn't play very well cut him prior to next March and doesn't cost him anything.  Think they'd only be on the hook for the money if he was injured.

Now with the new CBA once they give him the 5th year option, they are on the hook for the money no matter what happens.

I was assuming that his option must have been signed before last March so was under the old rules??

Or are we talking about something different here??

15 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

My understanding on 5th year options say Edmunds, they could give him the 5th year option before May of this year, but then if he doesn't play very well cut him prior to next March and doesn't cost him anything.  Think they'd only be on the hook for the money if he was injured.

Now with the new CBA once they give him the 5th year option, they are on the hook for the money no matter what happens.

I was assuming that his option must have been signed before last March so was under the old rules??

Or are we talking about something different here??

I don't think it's fully guaranteed until the very beginning of the 5th year option league year.

Prior to that it's only gtd for injury.   

That would seem like a big give from the owners guaranteeing a deal 18 months before that season..........would really render the option even less useful.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't think it's fully guaranteed until the very beginning of the 5th year option league year.

Prior to that it's only gtd for injury.   

That would seem like a big give from the owners guaranteeing a deal 18 months before that season..........would really render the option even less useful.

I guess I'm not that up on the rules, but have read multiple times that the Bills have a big decision to make on Edmunds as they have to decide my this May whether to pick up the option and aren't able to let his play in 2021 change their decision.  That was my interpretation of what changed as I stated in post.  So then what did change for Edmunds per latest CBA if not what I stated??

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Yes please

will be a no brainer pickup actually if we can get him for Josh Norman money. He can help with the return game as well. He is a great cover corner - struggles a bit in press coverage -  but McD defense does not really feature that much. This is a match made in heaven so long as he has fully recovered from his injury (seems like that).

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I guess I'm not that up on the rules, but have read multiple times that the Bills have a big decision to make on Edmunds as they have to decide my this May whether to pick up the option and aren't able to let his play in 2021 change their decision.  That was my interpretation of what changed as I stated in post.  So then what did change for Edmunds per latest CBA if not what I stated??

I don't think anything changed wrt 5th year option.

The players would like it gone..........like the franchise tag.....but they'd have to give something significant back to get that.

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Big fan of his during his draft. The Titans seem like a fake madden team so I’m not sure how he has played for them. 

He was outstanding. Started 40+games. He had a blunder as a returner - but was pretty solid in coverage. Dont you guys remember that he intercepted Josh Allen in the latter's rookie season? We still won the game though.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

will be a no brainer pickup actually if we can get him for Josh Norman money. He can help with the return game as well. He is a great cover corner - struggles a bit in press coverage -  but McD defense does not really feature that much. This is a match made in heaven so long as he has fully recovered from his injury (seems like that).

So I am not the biggest Jackson fan. I think his speed is such that he has got away with poor technique for much of his career, but the Bills' need for more speed on the backend makes him an intriguing option. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Reed83HOF changed the title to breasts release Adoree Jackson and sign Janoris Jenkins to replace him