Agholor to Pats

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Bill is going full soccer mom to Pats fans right now: “I gave you life, and I can take it away!”

The craziest part is the irrational boston fans have already turned against him.  They are so miserable snd they have no reason to be. 

if the Bills ever win a SB, I would just walk around with a stupid grin on my face every day. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Dunno how that happened.  So strange 

It’s all about confidence. Dude was good in college. Philly ate him alive. Miserable people. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The craziest part is the irrational boston fans have already turned against him.  They are so miserable snd they have no reason to be. 

if the Bills ever win a SB, I would just walk around with a stupid grin on my face every day. 

It’s all about confidence. Dude was good in college. Philly ate him alive. Miserable people. 

Lol.  I wasn’t talking about Agholor at that point.  I had doubt posted a message somehow 😂

41 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

They made Edelman and Welker.  Edelman was a college QB who they transitioned to slot receiver. Welker was a nobody before they screwed the Dolphins and picked him up as a restricted free agent.  Moss fell in their laps.

Eh, yes and no. The Pats did what worked for Welker. But if I recall correctly, Welker came off a pretty decent year for like a WR4 with MIA the year before. NE didn’t transition him to WR either, Miami did. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Was he that good in college?  I remember watching miles jack film and he covered him like the whole game and jack ended up with more yards cause he was doubling as an RB for the bruins. 

1 minute ago, YattaOkasan said:

Was he that good in college?  I remember watching miles jack film and he covered him like the whole game and jack ended up with more yards cause he was doubling as an RB for the bruins. 

Had 2,200 yards and 18tds his last 2 years and was a first rounder.  https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nelson-agholor-1.html

he doesn’t have any elite skills so I don’t think he would ever be a number 1. But if he didn’t have that awful start in Philly, I think he would be look at better. 

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Had 2,200 yards and 18tds his last 2 years and was a first rounder.  https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nelson-agholor-1.html

he doesn’t have any elite skills so I don’t think he would ever be a number 1. But if he didn’t have that awful start in Philly, I think he would be look at better. 

Thanks for the link. It was sorta the elite skills I was speaking too. His last season is interesting. About 1/3 of his receding yards and almost 1/5 of the total you gave came in two games against meh competition. 

6 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

I am shocked that people are ripping this signing. This is a great signing by the Pats. Agholor is an underrated WR.

I wanted Agholor on the Bills. He is exactly the type of WR they need to put them over the top.

Did nobody watch Agholor play last season?

He was their #1 WR all season. He was so good all year that he rendered #12 overall pick Henry Ruggs into an afterthought. Everyone thought Ruggs would walk into the #1 WR role. Agholor comes in and looks like the better WR by a mile.

Agholor spreads the field so that Jonnu Smith, Edelman, and Myers can work the middle with more space.

He’s okish as a receiver. But i laugh at him getting the same money we’re paying diggs. I think it’s a big overpay. 

• Like (+1) 1

One thing seems certain, Bill has not gotten over Brady / gronk winning one without him; kind of an in your face Bill moment that will be replayed every year before every Super Bowl. I don’t remember the Pats being this active , even before official FA opens, ever. Tight end, edge , wr, to name a few in addition to bringing back Cam.   Bill seems desperate to get the afc East back as a primary goal, cuz if he was serious about the SB, I think he would be going for Watson or Wilson.  

IMO , Cam does not have the arm talent any longer, and he struggled intellectually with the Pats O. No one is like Brady , but Cam lacks the personality traits to excel under BB’s system where every player is treated somewhat negatively. Compare that to the culture Mcd has created in B Lo , where every player is treated as a special individual, where everyone wants to see each other thrive, to be the best version of themselves. You rarely see Mcd focus on the negative; every guy resigned stated how they loved the culture , Mcd, Beane.  BB is breaking phones and cam continues to sulk on the bench at times. Just not a great fit for how  BB operates,but maybe the best stopgap for one more year.

One thing is certain, BB has money to throw around this year and plenty of picks , so it appears he is aggressively changing the roster more so than any time during Tb12’s last few seasons. He’s going after bigger names unlike just filling in pieces like before.  I bet they grab a qb to sit behind Cam this year via the draft.   It’s just different than before when the pats would be quiet in FA, trade back in the draft, etc.  It’s like an angry spending spree, like an ex wife getting back at you with maxing your credit card just cuz you had a business trip with your office manager! ( no not  me, my ex had an “ appointment “ with another doc while I was stuck in the hospital in my residency on call 24 hours every third day! When  I filed for divorce a female judge awarded my ex 3 years of alimony so she could “get back in the work force”, no kids involved and we were only married two years !  I LOVE our court system, lawyers, etc,,,not bitter at all, hardly remember 40 year later😂)Sorry, I digress.  
 Bill seems pissed and looks like he is determined to fix his roster quickly.   The image of him breaking that phone after an ill fated challenge is emblematic of how driven he appears to be at this moment !  Btw we just re upped matakavich ( sp, Lb) as Beane continues to look like a master of reason spending with frugality !  Bet wishes BB, I hope your spree continues because no matter what, this year you still have a qb NOT ASCENDING! 😎. Go Bills!

6 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Is it more likely they get the Raiders version or the Eagles version.  I suspect it will be the Eagles.

They don't have a QB so  I would go with Eagles version as well. 

But I like Agohlor a lot. Really wanted him for the Bills but was thinking/hoping more like 8-9 million per year. I think he would have had a career year here in Buffalo which would have been a good thing for us since he's coming off a career year in Las Vegas.

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s all about confidence. Dude was good in college. Philly ate him alive. Miserable people

I'm sure he will flourish with all the Massholes getting ready to root for him