Matt Judon to Pats

4 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Agreed. It's OK to admit that a division rival made a good move - this is one of them. Judon is a very good player and he seems to play well against the Bills. Paired with Belichick, I think he'll be even more dominant.

I agree with you that Judon is a top 5 LB in NFL but they still do not scare me with Cam Newton.  The issue for the Pats right now is QB and unless they are planning on getting a good qb this is not a dangerous team.

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

I think they'll trade Gilmore.

A BB will always be formidable, but until they get that QB..... 

Right, it’s all about that QB, man. I think they have a shot at Trey Lance whom I feel will actually be a good QB but, it may take 2-3 years to develop him. Can Bill Belichick stomach losing the division 2-3 times over the next three years? What will happen in that scenario?

21 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

And the best coach of all time. This ain't Mike Mularkey we're talking about.

What's with your hard on for the Pats?  Cam Newton was an absolute embarrassment last year.  He is terrible.  I seem to recall us mopping up their stadium with them last December in a beat down as bad as any I have seen in a long time.  All their opt outs are a year older also.  Their mystique is done!!  

26 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Patzies Paying out lots of money for decent players. seems to me they are building a team without a QB

Sounds like you are trying to talk yourself into these arent good moves...it's Mar 15th so that must mean their roster's complete?

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

What's with your hard on for the Pats?  Cam Newton was an absolute embarrassment last year.  He is terrible.  I seem to recall us mopping up their stadium with them last December in a beat down as bad as any I have seen in a long time.  All their opt outs are a year older also.  Their mystique is done!!  

I seem to remember the Bills losing almost every game they played against them for nearly 20 years. I also remember the 1991 SB in which a great Bills team was severely outcoached. I hate the Pats but I respect BB's acumen and their accomplishments.  I am also not at all convinced that Newton will be their starting QB. He got a backup's salary ($5 million with incentives). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Right, it’s all about that QB, man. I think they have a shot at Trey Lance whom I feel will actually be a good QB but, it may take 2-3 years to develop him. Can Bill Belichick stomach losing the division 2-3 times over the next three years? What will happen in that scenario?

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

I live in Patriot territory and had a conversation with a buddy of mine this AM.

He's beside himself that they brought Cam back. I told him now you know what it feels like.

I also told him my fear is they land TL. I can see BB keeping them treading water until he's ready. Looks like Lance has tremendous upside and high ceiling.  

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Marcus Cannon is as good as Thuney and plays a tougher position. 

It's not even that....They never had an issue ever putting a line together, They have won SBs with patch work lineman during their first 3 SBs. For the fans who think it's all about Brady gonna be really upset come this season. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Billy B knows he doesn't have many years left and is competing against two vastly improved teams (Bills and to a lesser degree Fins) and his old QB just won a SB without him. I think the Pats are hoping to win 10-11 games this season and make Billy B look like he was at least a part of the Pats success with Brady.

Gotta agree with this. 

This activity today by the Pats is very uncharacteristic. 

36 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Judon is a flat out great player. Their defense is looking it'll be the best unit in the NFL next season. They are LOADED. They are the threat in the division regardless of QB, not anyone else. I don't see them winning fewer than 9 games. 

I disagree on both counts.  Judon is not GREAT.  He's a very solid signing, but I'd put him at above average.

And I don't see them as loaded. BB always coaches up that D regardless of who is there - but talent-wise, I wouldn't even put them in the top 10.  Quite a few guys on the wrong side of 30 in that group.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I agree with you that Judon is a top 5 LB in NFL but they still do not scare me with Cam Newton.  The issue for the Pats right now is QB and unless they are planning on getting a good qb this is not a dangerous team.

They might draft one 

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm a believer in quality secondaries being more important than LBs/interior linemen. It is also the case that their coach is the best defensive coach in league history. I do respect my enemies. 

Ok....but don’t say they are LOADED.  They are NOT loaded, yet.  Maybe they will load up, but right now, their DL SUCKS.  It’s real bad. Not sure what will happen with JC Jackson, but if they lose him, it’s a huge hit to their secondary.  They have a long way to go to be “elite” imo. 

BB is the goat, I respect him.  But he needs more talent in order to coach this D into elite status.

18 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Marcus Cannon was traded, wasn’t he? Edelman is old and Gilmore is a soft player, isn’t he over 30? I admit their defense is decent, but I look forward to us going up against Stephon “traitor” Gilmore. He went to our biggest rival and I look forward to the Bills pummeling them twice next year. Their offense is terrible, Josh is the best QB in the division, so long as he stays healthy we’ll be AFC East Division Champs x2.

Watch they bring CB Butler back lol seriously though they have serious cap room left and could add Cam a few more targets they could compete with the Dolphins for 2nd place and as close were to beating us last year could be in the discussion for the top spot in the division again. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Ok....but don’t say they are LOADED.  They are NOT loaded, yet.  Maybe they will load up, but right now, their DL SUCKS.  It’s real bad. Not sure what will happen with JC Jackson, but if they lose him, it’s a huge hit to their secondary.  They have a long way to go to be “elite” imo. 

BB is the goat, I respect him.  But he needs more talent in order to coach this D into elite status.

Is Jackson a RFA?