Kim Pegula: "2020 set 'the floor' for the Bills, 'the bar is much higher' in 2021"

Logic

https://www.nfl.com/news/buffalo-owner-kim-pegula-2020-set-the-floor-for-bills-the-bar-is-much-higher-in-?campaign=Twitter_atn

"I do know that this year the 2020 team really set the floor for us," Pegula said.

"That's not the bar, what happened this year. The bar is much higher. The floor was set with the success that this team had. Kind of really having to dig deep and especially not knowing where the salary cap is gonna fall is going to be a big job for these guys because the bar has been raised for previous years like I said. It's going to be a lot of tweaking, a lot of impact and understanding where we're going to be with our team, our salary. Those are things I leave up to other people. But I know the expectation is pretty high right now as the standard which we're going to be moving forward."

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

• Logic changed the title to Kim Pegula: "2020 set 'the floor' for the Bills, 'the bar is much higher' in 2021"
4 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s good to know what you don’t know!

Hire good people, then get out of the way and let them do their job. 

Makes you wonder why it's so damned difficult for them to do that with the Sabres.  The two franchises are being run completely differently.

• Angry 1

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/buffalo-owner-kim-pegula-2020-set-the-floor-for-bills-the-bar-is-much-higher-in-?campaign=Twitter_atn

"I do know that this year the 2020 team really set the floor for us," Pegula said.

"That's not the bar, what happened this year. The bar is much higher. The floor was set with the success that this team had. Kind of really having to dig deep and especially not knowing where the salary cap is gonna fall is going to be a big job for these guys because the bar has been raised for previous years like I said. It's going to be a lot of tweaking, a lot of impact and understanding where we're going to be with our team, our salary. Those are things I leave up to other people. But I know the expectation is pretty high right now as the standard which we're going to be moving forward."

This is just an inane statement.  

Of course everyone wants the team to be better and take the next step toward a SB.  But making a "raising the bar" proclamation accomplishes nothing.  Absolutely nothing

Should Beane and McDermott be on edge if we "only" go 11-5 next year and just win one playoff game instead of two?  Will she start screaming for organizational realignment and start trimming back on scouting and coaching staff?

SMFH

Kim Pegula - the best thing you can do is stay out of the way.  That includes public statements on team expectations.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Disagree 6
  • Dislike 3

Kim is just stating what everybody knows. Expectations for the Bills will be extremely high with the fanbase and media. I think Beane, McDermott, the team will meet that challenge. This team is setup to compete for and win a Super Bowl this upcoming season. The pressure is really on Beane to have a good FA period and draft. I believe FA starts next week on the 17th if I am not mistaken.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And hope good people do not have a bad day and call the owner's daughter a B word.

I think it was a C word.

Fortunately Beane has been adept at saying the right thing.

Polian couldn't contain his opinions.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Kim Pegula - the best thing you can do is stay out of the way.  That includes public statements on team expectations.

Similarly, You do your best work on this board when you don't post. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And hope good people do not have a bad day and call the owner's daughter a B word.

Do we have to rehash Ralph’s horrifying decision making yet again...

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Kim is just stating what everybody knows. Expectations for the Bills will be extremely high with the fanbase and media. I think Beane, McDermott, the team will meet that challenge. This team is setup to compete for and win a Super Bowl this upcoming season. The pressure is really on Beane to have a good FA period and draft. I believe FA starts next week on the 17th if I am not mistaken.

Great point. The Bills will be playing under a different kind of pressure next year; that of raised expectations. Think ‘89 Bills. 

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

This is just an inane statement.  

Of course everyone wants the team to be better and take the next step toward a SB.  But making a "raising the bar" proclamation accomplishes nothing.  Absolutely nothing

Should Beane and McDermott be on edge if we "only" go 11-5 next year and just win one playoff game instead of two?  Will she start screaming for organizational realignment and start trimming back on scouting and coaching staff?

SMFH

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed, did you?

This is a PR statement to let fans know the mind set of the ownership.  That is what Kim's statement accomplished.  

Not sure why the anger.  Take a deep breath, realize how far the Bills have come in the last four years, let that smile start to develop, and lighten up Francis.

• Like (+1) 7