Watt to Cardinals (bills were Cardinals biggest competition per report)

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You mean the same Kyle Shannahan that literally blew 2 SB wins with his terrible coaching decisions?  That Kyle?

Klingsbury has a lot to prove still, but Kyle isn’t any more proven and choked on the biggest stage twice.   

Is this a joke? I can't tell, not familiar with enough people here.

3 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

So it was about money and not winning a super bowl.   

It was always going to be about the money.  That’s fine, I get it, but stop pretending you are concerned about anything else.  

45 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Thank god they dodged the future hall of famer.... it was a close one though for sure! 

I could not care less if he end up in the hall of fame someday.  He may.  All that matters is how he plays in the next year or  two that you are committed to him.  By that measure , at that price, given his production the last two years and his age, he is a risk.  

48 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

The #1 rule of Rushing the Quarterback:

Stay in your designated pass-rush lane. Do not rush too far wide, do not ever go past the QB.

Watt violated this golden rule. Consistently and very often. His "swim move" attempts often times gave the QB too much room in the pocket.

Horrid team player. He's Arizona's problem now.

Utter nonsense. Bills' fans are starting to act like the spurned date pretending that the model they got rejected by was not pretty enough.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt claim they were Super Bowl bound, what are you even talking about

People have been saying the Cardinals are not a Super Bowl contender you said people are wrong about them....which would mean what then?

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I don’t disagree with your overall premise, but using the opinions of fans from other teams as evidence when it comes to the ability of a NFL HC is kind of odd... there can obviously be questions about his ability but just because he’s being questioned doesn’t make Kingsbury any better. Andy Reid was questioned his entire career because he was notorious for choking in the playoffs... does that bring him down and make him just as good as idk, just throwing out a name... Ken Whisenhunt? 

I mean we have people here saying to can McDermott and Beane. I have Pats fan friends who want Belichick gone... Steelers fans have been asking for Tomlin to be fired for a decade now. Individual fans are incredibly irrational... getting information from a poll of how the fan base feels the coach is doing would be a way better reflection on how he’s actually doing. That way you get rid of all of the noise. 

Shanahan is a better head coach than Kingsbury. The body of work isn’t even close, really. As for the teams, there’s a legitimate argument that AZ is better than SF. I’m partial to the better QB, so Kyler > Garoppolo. But I think San Francisco has more talent across the entire roster than Arizona does. 

I get what you are saying...but we are fans here discussing the very thing.  So my point was that it wasn't just my personal hot take, Kyle took a lot of heat for both Super Bowls by a lot of people, sports reporters, players, analysts, and fans.  

And I am not advocating for Klingsbury either, he is very much still a work in progress as a young coach before anyone knows what he is or isn't.  I just didn't agree that Kyle is automatically substantially better as I think he still also has a lot to prove.  

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

One step at a time.  Keep the faith in Beane.  He has not disappointed so far.

He has to make some cap space and he will find hidden gems in free agency.

Long Live he Process !!!!!

I am still hopeful and do expect Beane to be active in finding help on the DL. The fact he was in big time on the Watt chase shows this. 

I dont like the new narrative - Watt is not that good (ok but the Bills tried very hard to get him); We dont need him, lets just lock up Milano now (we did need him, now need someone similar and Milano does not solve that); There are plenty of other guys that fit better than Watt (Watt was close to the best option out there; Lets see what else we can get). 

2 hours ago, KGun12TD said:

Thought he wanted a contender. He didn't even go to a Top 5 NFC team. Oh well...chasing the $$$ I guess.

My Top 5 for good measure: Tampa, GB, NO, LAR, Seattle...I'll even throw in SF.

Add Watt to chandler Jones and that secondary, they may be a much better team this year. 

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

People have been saying the Cardinals are not a Super Bowl contender you said people are wrong about them....which would mean what then?

No people are saying the Cardinals are not even a playoff team and the worst team in the division.  And since when is a team being a "contender" suddenly a statement of being a "lock".  You're just being absurd now and you know it.

I said they are an ascending team...it was pretty clear what I said.  

56 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

The #1 rule of Rushing the Quarterback:

Stay in your designated pass-rush lane. Do not rush too far wide, do not ever go past the QB.

Watt violated this golden rule. Consistently and very often. His "swim move" attempts often times gave the QB too much room in the pocket.

Horrid team player. He's Arizona's problem now.

Haha. Yet we clearly were offering something in the same ballpark if not the same/more money. Now he is a bad football player. 

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

No people are saying the Cardinals are not even a playoff team and the worst team in the division.  And since when is a team being a "contender" suddenly a statement of being a "lock".  You're just being absurd now and you know it.

I said they are an ascending team...it was pretty clear what I said.  

Definitely a team on the rise and on the upswing compare to nearly all else in NFC. Would not be shocked to see them in NFC Championship next year. This years top 5

TB - On borrowed time

GB - Rodgers gives them a couple more years maybe...

NO - No Brees, no chance in my opinion

SEA - Russell on way out?

LAR - Stafford may not work and is also on way to retirement

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Well that sucks.  Dont think we will be in the running for guys like Barrett or Dupree

On to:

Lawson

Clowney

Hendrickson

Yannick

Judon

Okwara

People most have not heard off...

I would take any of those guys over Dupree, especially if Dupree gets the contract he wants. Honestly will be happy if we end up with any of those guys.