Watt to Cardinals (bills were Cardinals biggest competition per report)

48 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I am still hopeful and do expect Beane to be active in finding help on the DL. The fact he was in big time on the Watt chase shows this. 

I dont like the new narrative - Watt is not that good (ok but the Bills tried very hard to get him); We don't need him, lets just lock up Milano now (we did need him, now need someone similar and Milano does not solve that); There are plenty of other guys that fit better than Watt (Watt was close to the best option out there; Lets see what else we can get). 

In my opinion, Watt would have helped us as much with shoring up our run defense as he would our pass rush.  I wanted the Bills to sign him, but not at the price the Cardinals paid.  That would have limited what we could do to prepare for the 2021 season.

I am hopeful that Star can come back and be effective with helping our run defense.    We are in great shape and Beane will fill our needs by finding the best options for us that our financial situation will allow.

Watt was not the cornerstone to build our 2021 season.  We should be okay with out JJ.  IMHO

Edited by longtimebillsfan

well,  this smells of money grab by Watt,  which is fine.    you have the chance to grab some,  go get it.   clearly he didnt want to be on a a team on the verge of championship status like he said he did.    wont miss him at the numbers Arz.  is paying him.

22 minutes ago, TBBills said:

That doesn't bother me anymore since we went on to not lose until the Championship and they lost the next 5 games.

It's bothers me because it cost me $3k on the Bills money line. I still feel sick every time I see it. 

38 minutes ago, Process said:

This one made me laugh and sick to my stomach at the same time. 

That made me laugh!

Let's just hope it ends the same way, except for the last game:

-Cardinals celebrate their victory like they just won the Superbowl then go 2-5 the rest of the season

-Bills win out 6-0 and play for the AFC Championship

I wanted Watt but It Is what it Is.

• Haha (+1) 1

I imagine his agent told him this was his last big contract, so probably should go for the biggest $$ .  Can't imagine Beane was offering $31m ... he doesn't have $15m cap hit in 2021 to spend..  if he's spending $15m per year, spend $12 on Milano and get a much younger guy.. 

I'm not big on giving big $$ contracts to aging shiny objects... you end up with just them and a bunch of rookies and UDFAs 

16 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Just knowing the Bills were pushing for Wattmakes me excited for this off-season with the Defensive players that will be available.

That is the big takeaway. I think Beane is willing to pay for an impact DL. Who will it be?

• Like (+1) 1