The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Should Gym Jordan, the guy who attended the meeting which planned the terror attack on the people’s house, sit on a committee investigating that terror attack?

Pelosi screwed the pooch on this. Yes he should. You don't win arguments by silencing the microphones of morans. You win them by winning them. 

Jordan is a disaster. I'd invite him and MTG to sit on the committee. 

17 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Your responses only reinforce my argument and confirm my conclusions.  You just can't help yourself from making continuous comments about the event to deflect from the argument that regardless of the event the process here is a farce.  And listening to and reading the comments from the committee members you are in alignment with their statements to date too.  So what's the point of this charade?  What's the point?  So they can say we checked of the official line item on the scoresheet?  

Do you really believe after assembling and reviewing all the "evidence" they're going to determine it wasn't "the biggest threat to democracy since the civil war" after all?  And that their initial conclusions were wrong?  Do you really think they're going to allow any counter-arguments or questioning outside the pre-determined outcome and narrative of the event?  Or consider anything thinking or logic "outside the box" they've already built?  

You really think that?  If you really think that I would either question your judgment or conclude you cannot be objective and honest about what this is all about. 

Its all BS.  Like the late-great George Carlin used to say.  And absent BS the entire political process would disintegrate.  He was spot on..   

I’d be less worried about a “farce” and more worried about the insurrection.  That is, unless you supported the insurrection.  So, did you support the insurrection? 

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

I’d be less worried about a “farce” and more worried about the insurrection.  That is, unless you supported the insurrection.  So, did you support the insurrection? 

Now you're changing the subject again.  But okay.  But we need to establish some facts first.  How many of the suspects have been charged with insurrection?  Give me a number.  And then we can discuss the validity of calling the events of 1/6 that term.  So if you please, post the names of those defendents here. 

8 hours ago, Governor said:

What a mess!

The GOP is flailing around with no midterm plan whatsoever. They want an “alternate” investigation to run along side the real investigation for their rubes to gobble up nightly on their “alternate reality” news networks. 

By including Gym Jordan, voters see they had no intention of participating in an honest investigation into what happened that day. Really bad strategy moving forward. They couldn’t misread the electorate any worse than this.

Looks like Liz is going to have the last laugh here. I guess we knew that already. McCarthy was never going to make it. He’s about to crash and burn.

:lol:

16 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Pelosi screwed the pooch on this. Yes he should. You don't win arguments by silencing the microphones of morans. You win them by winning them. 

Thank You! I couldn’t agree more. If you really want to get to the bottom of this or even if you just want to embarrass your political opponents then you should force them to sit in the room and go along with the circus. An unforced error by Nancy here.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thank You! I couldn’t agree more. If you really want to get to the bottom of this or even if you just want to embarrass your political opponents then you should force them to sit in the room and go along with the circus. An unforced error by Nancy here.

Consider Nancy's goal has nothing to do with getting down to the truth.  Consider the goal is simply to confirm their already pronounced views.  This was biggest threat to democracy since the civil war.  And as a result the committee's findings will require the submission of some draconian legislation to prevent it from occurring again.  To identify extremism and criminalize certain activities now protected under law.  In some way characterizing political descent as extremism.  Criminalizing political descent.  That's the goal.  For the love of God isn't that obvious to everyone already? How much clear can it be made?   

Entertaining any counter-arguments or contention to that narrative and the eventual conclusion might just be a headache to be avoided.  Why bother as they're not going to listen to or consider any of it so what's the point other than for theater? 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, John Adams said:

We don’t appease white nationalist/Christian extremist terrorists in this country.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Consider Nancy's goal has nothing to do with getting down to the truth.  Consider the goal is simply to confirm their already pronounced views.  This was biggest threat to democracy since the civil war.  And as a result the committee's findings will require the submission of some draconian legislation to prevent it from occurring again.  To identify extremism and criminalize certain activities now protected under law.  In some way characterizing political descent as extremism.  Criminalizing political descent.  That's the goal.  For the love of God isn't that obvious to everyone already? How much clear can it be made?   

Entertaining any counter-arguments or contention to that narrative and the eventual conclusion might just be a headache to be avoided.  Why bother as they're not going to listen to or consider any of it so what's the point other than for theater? 

All true, but she’s also interested in totally embarrassing any dissenters within Congress. The best way to do that is to make a mockery of them while they’re sitting right there. It’s a mistake to have them on the outside at the microphones telling the country how they were shut out of the process. Just saying.

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Now you're changing the subject again.  But okay.  But we need to establish some facts first.  How many of the suspects have been charged with insurrection?  Give me a number.  And then we can discuss the validity of calling the events of 1/6 that term.  So if you please, post the names of those defendents here. 

Hard to say because many of the records are still sealed.  But your analogy to federal criminal law is inapt.  The absence of a charge of rebellion or insurrection doesn't mean that such an event didn't occur.  And, if you want to play the hyperbole game, I suppose you'll agree that abortion is a procedure to remove a parasite from a woman's body, not the "murder" or the "killing" of a "baby."

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

You can't have people being investigated sit on the committee doing the investigation. And make no mistake, there are a handful of R Congressman being investigated for their possible role.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You can't have people being investigated sit on the committee doing the investigation. And make no mistake, there are a handful of R Congressman being investigated for their possible role.

Sure you can. Shine the light on the issues. He can defend himself if he wants to. 

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Why not? Adam Shitt was on the impeachment team and we now know that he repeatedly lied to the public. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why not? Adam Shitt was on the impeachment team and we now know that he repeatedly lied to the public. 

Apples and oranges. Trump wasn't on the Impeachment team investigating himself. 

No R member of Congress who potentially planned the shut down of the vote count should be anywhere near the Committee investigating it. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

Apples and oranges. Trump wasn't on the Impeachment team.

No R member of Congress who potentially planned the shut down of the vote count should be anywhere near the Committee investigating it. 

The impeachment was a sham! Everyone but you apparently knows it…and yet there was the main perpetrator at the prosecution table.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The impeachment was a sham! Everyone but you apparently knows it…and yet there was the main perpetrator at the prosecution table.

So because the Impeachment was a sham, everything should be a sham. Sham sham sham. 

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

So because the Impeachment was a sham, everything should be a sham. Sham sham sham. 

And now we’ve jumped the shark. If you believe that sitting members of Congress are going to be called as witnesses here, so be it. All the more reason why Nancy should have them on the committee. It’s better to have them as part of the process than outside making a mockery of it. We can agree to disagree.

• Vomit 1

34 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

All true, but she’s also interested in totally embarrassing any dissenters within Congress. The best way to do that is to make a mockery of them while they’re sitting right there. It’s a mistake to have them on the outside at the microphones telling the country how they were shut out of the process. Just saying.

She knew Jordan wouldn't let her use this as a partisan witch hunt  That's why she booted him.

• Vomit 1

51 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hard to say because many of the records are still sealed.  But your analogy to federal criminal law is inapt.  The absence of a charge of rebellion or insurrection doesn't mean that such an event didn't occur.  And, if you want to play the hyperbole game, I suppose you'll agree that abortion is a procedure to remove a parasite from a woman's body, not the "murder" or the "killing" of a "baby."

You're just speculating on what might or might not be sealed.  So it might be prudent to not call it something that the available facts don't support and take a wait and see approach.   That said, if somebody was actually charged with insurrection or treason that would be broadcast 24/7?  Or leaked?  Sealed or no sealed when it benefits to reveal something or if it might be damaging to the defense's case there's no hesitation. 

What baffles me is how anyone can perceive the government at this point as some bastion of ethics and virtue.  You guys must be on some heavy hallucinogenics to buy into that view.  Or have a vested interest in big government like being on the payroll.  Or getting lots of free government support or grants or funding for something or another.       

And per the insurrection narrative.  My conclusion to this point based on the available evidence is there was violence committed on that day but the characterization of it as insurrection is an exaggeration of the risks posed by the threat and circumstances of the event.  And I'm willing to adjust that conclusion when and if more and better information becomes available.  I think that's a reasonable approach.  

But in any event you still cannot name any insurrectionist charges regardless of what excuse you might want to use.  So your assessment that its insurrection is just not supported by the facts you have available so why do you continue to insist that is what it was here?  Presumption of innocence here rather than guilt by accusation.  So let's come back to this when we get a read out all the charges, trial, and convictions or acquittals.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

21 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You're just speculating on what might or might not be sealed.  So it might be prudent to not call it something that the available facts don't support and take a wait and see approach.   That said, if somebody was actually charged with insurrection or treason that would be broadcast 24/7?  Or leaked?  Sealed or no sealed when it benefits to reveal something or if it might be damaging to the defense's case there's no hesitation. 

What baffles me is how anyone can perceive the government at this point as some bastion of ethics and virtue.  You guys must be on some heavy hallucinogenics to buy into that view.  Or have a vested interest in big government like being on the payroll.  Or getting lots of free government support or grants or funding for something or another.       

And per the insurrection narrative.  My conclusion to this point based on the available evidence is there was violence committed on that day but the characterization of it as insurrection is an exaggeration of the risks posed by the threat and circumstances of the event.  And I'm willing to adjust that conclusion when and if more and better information becomes available.  I think that's a reasonable approach.  

But in any event you still cannot name any insurrectionist charges regardless of what excuse you might want to use.  So your assessment that its insurrection is just not supported by the facts you have available so why do you continue to insist that is what it was here?  Presumption of innocence here rather than guilt by accusation.  So let's come back to this when we get a read out all the charges, trial, and convictions or acquittals.  

No, calling it an "insurrection" is a lie, for political purposes only.  There was never any threat to the government as a whole, or even lawmakers.  

And as such, there will not be any sedition and/or treason charges.  And we definitely would have heard if there were by now.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

No, calling it an "insurrection" is a lie, for political purposes only.  There was never any threat to the government as a whole, or even lawmakers.  

And as such, there will not be any sedition and/or treason charges.  And we definitely would have heard if there were by now.

Rewrite history harder bro - keep trying - you just might be able to convince someone outside your cult.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Doc said:

Mike Pence disagrees.  So does the guy running around the Capitol with zip ties.  The family of the fallen officer probably feels differently, too.  Blue lives matter, until they don’t or it gets a little inconvenient for them to matter, right DoQ?

55 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Nah, it’s prudent to call it what it’s shown to be on video.  An insurrection.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If you’re cool with the Capitol being overrun, that’s on you.  I’m not, and I guess we just have to agree to disagree on our view of what’s acceptable in that respect.  

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Except for the fact that Trump was formally charged.  Twice.  So, not really a sham after all.  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Do you support the riots, looting and killing that went on for months and still going on? 
You’ve never spoken out against it, so by your limited thinking, you must approve of last years insurrections. 

7 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

Do you support the riots, looting and killing that went on for months and still going on? 
You’ve never spoken out against it, so by your limited thinking, you must approve of last years insurrections. 

VOTERS AREN’T AS STUPID AS OUR RULING CLASS HOPED: 

Two-thirds want BLM riots probed, more than Jan. 6.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/two-thirds-want-blm-riots-probed-more-than-jan-6

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/partner_surveys/two_thirds_of_voters_want_congress_to_investigate_2020_riots

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

I will always be against riots and looting , never justified for any reason

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bidens_basement said:

Whataboutism.  Nice.  Looks like you’re cool with overrunning the Capitol in support of the Trump election hoax.  Unto each her own, I guess. 

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Mike Pence disagrees.  So does the guy running around the Capitol with zip ties.  The family of the fallen officer probably feels differently, too.  Blue lives matter, until they don’t or it gets a little inconvenient for them to matter, right DoQ?

Yeah, that's the thing about real versus perceived threats.  But if Pence was in the bunker, shouldn't you be laughing at him?  

As for the fallen officer, he didn't die from what happened that day.  You can't give someone a blood clot.  Another hoax.

I usually back the blue.  Why they were so woefully undermanned is the biggest scandal.  They knew there would be thousands of protestors and someone decided to ignore the pleas for more security.  Why?

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

What does anyone expect from Nancy? She comes from a State and represents a City that’s as close to One Party Rule as you can get in a republic. She has no concept of the minority party getting a say, an opinion, or any real power. It’s completely foreign to her. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yeah, that's the thing about real versus perceived threats.  But if Pence was in the bunker, shouldn't you be laughing at him?  

As for the fallen officer, he didn't die from what happened that day.  You can't give someone a blood clot.  Another hoax.

I usually back the blue.  Why they were so woefully undermanned is the biggest scandal.  They knew there would be thousands of protestors and someone decided to ignore the pleas for more security.  Why?

Good point.  The pepper spray used against Sicknick didn’t kill him.  That makes the whole thing better. 

And I totally understand not backing the blue here.  Capitol Police totally should have anticipated that persons gathered for that “rally” would be encouraged to storm the Capitol by the fat ####### who happened to be POTUS at that moment.  Happens all the time.  Who could forget the time Antifa overran the Capitol during the GWB presidency?  Or that scene from Independence Day, which totally happened in real life?   If Antifa and aliens have taken over the Capitol and the WH, then the Capitol Police are definitely in the wrong for not anticipating that POTUS would encourage an insurrection.  All their fault, all day long.  Solid points as usual, DoQ. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

From that Right wing rag -- The NYT

Of course, had we not had an insurrection by Trump supporters in the first place, then we wouldn’t have that problem.  Excellent job at passing the buck and blaming someone else by B-Man.  Well done, sir. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

From that Right wing rag -- The NYT

It reminds me of the JFK assassination..

Against recommendations, they let the motorcade take a bad turn that forced it to slow way down,

in an area where there were tons of unsecured spots.

All after a failed attempt on the presidents life....

But as the monkeys all say, baseless.

34 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Good point.  The pepper spray used against Sicknick didn’t kill him.  That makes the whole thing better. 

And I totally understand not backing the blue here.  Capitol Police totally should have anticipated that persons gathered for that “rally” would be encouraged to storm the Capitol by the fat ####### who happened to be POTUS at that moment.  Happens all the time.  Who could forget the time Antifa overran the Capitol during the GWB presidency?  Or that scene from Independence Day, which totally happened in real life?   If Antifa and aliens have taken over the Capitol and the WH, then the Capitol Police are definitely in the wrong for not anticipating that POTUS would encourage an insurrection.  All their fault, all day long.  Solid points as usual, DoQ. 

They were encouraged to storm the Capital?  When and how were they encouraged to "storm the Capital"?

15 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They were encouraged to storm the Capital?  When and how were they encouraged to "storm the Capital"?

“Walk down Pennsylvania Avenue!”  “Show strength!”  “Fight like hell!”

Have a nice day, Chef Jim Crow.  Let us know if you have any new ideas on how to suppress minority votes.  Or, better yet, call your Q pals and bring them up to speed.  

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Have a nice day, Chef Jim Crow.  Let us know if you have any new ideas on how to suppress minority votes.  Or, better yet, call your Q pals and bring them up to speed.  

Where's the mention of the Capital? 

Check and mate.

Edited by Chef Jim

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

OK. At this moment the description fits. YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

29 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

While not good, pepper spraying and not actually killing officer Sicknick was "better."  Which is why the idiots who assaulted him won't be charged with, much less convicted of, murder (or sedition or treason).

And Trump told his followers to storm the Capitol just like those dumb ####### Democrat pols told people to kill and injure people and destroy and loot property for 8 months last year.  See I can read into things what I want just as well as you can.  

Maybe the Capitol police should be asking why there wasn't more security that day?  Again it's not like everyone didn't know what was going to happen.  That would have been the best way to "back the blue."