The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

41 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Hypocrisy runs deep

Into your life it will creep

Dick Cheney’s daughter and a Washington power broker who has used insider contacts to accumulate enormous wealth are the future of the progressive party and Billsy’s lib tour de force power couple.  

He’s an astute fella. 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Gym “See no Evil” Jorden is a complete POS. The guy watches a guy ***** in the shower and claims he see nothing. Ya, he’s someone worthy of judging the truth 

You’ve developed a quirky perv vibe lately.  What’s going on Tibsy?  

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This Select Committee would be far more productive if they could finally tell us whether it was a forward lateral.  (I still say it was!)

With the stipulation that only members and supporters of the Titans are allowed to serve on the committee.

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Dick Cheney’s daughter and a Washington power broker who has used insider contacts to accumulate enormous wealth are the future of the progressive party and Billsy’s lib tour de force power couple.  

He’s an astute fella. 

You’ve developed a quirky perv vibe lately.  What’s going on Tibsy?  

So Gym Jorden saw something perverted and didn’t report it, right? Even when students were complains about the ***** guy. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So Gym Jorden saw something perverted and didn’t report it, right? Even when students were complains about the ***** guy. 

You’re saying he saw something, he said he didn’t, and it seems extraordinarily likely he’s telling the truth.  

Meanwhile, Biden’s fishhooking interns in an alley behind the White House and you can’t kneel before him fast enough! 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

This Select Committee would be far more productive if they could finally tell us whether it was a forward lateral.  (I still say it was!)

It was.  Ask Adam Schefter.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’re saying he saw something, he said he didn’t, and it seems extraordinarily likely he’s telling the truth.  

Meanwhile, Biden’s fishhooking interns in an alley behind the White House and you can’t kneel before him fast enough! 

I wonder what this will be about?

George Clooney To Produce Docuseries On Athlete Sex Abuse Where Jim Jordan Coached

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

McCarthy pulls his 5 GOP members from 1/6 committee after Pelosi rejects 2 of his picks

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/politics/nancy-pelosi-rejects-republicans-from-committee/index.html

Thank you Nancy , don't allow nut cases to to be on 1/6 investigation 

You've got to be kidding right? Can this get more partisan?  And by the way....using "Nancy" in the same sentence as "nut cases" must be a Freudian slip of some kind. 

43 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I bet you do.  

George Clooney is an individual who makes a substantial living portraying characters that never existed, or perhaps offering a creative interpretation of individuals past or present.  He operates in the world of fantasy, selling stories to folks looking to be entertained for a multitude of reasons.  I enjoyed his performance in Ocean’s 11, the obligatory sequels not so much.  Generally speaking I find his movies to be substandard, and recall being extremely disappointed in having forked over money for a movie called Solaris, one of the worst I’ve ever seen.  

Anyway, color me unimpressed a notable liberal actor has decided to create a docudrama about a notable conservative politician.   I’ll pass when it’s done, but that’s not all on Clooney—I skip most docudramas these days because I find them overtly manipulative.  Any good filmmaker with an hour or two to tell a story, using psychology, story telling techniques, high production value and adequate resources should have you thoroughly convinced that whatever he wants you to think is the truth.  

I would make an exception if Cloons made a docudrama about the dark side of Hollywood, from the casting couch, to work for sex, the violation of innocents, predatory behavior of studio executives and stars….something like that.  But, when a guy like Clooney bites the hand that feeds him, bad ***** can happen.  Or, maybe he’s partaken and it’s a story he doesn’t want told.  

Any way, enjoy your Clooney flick. Sounds fascinating. 🙄

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I bet you do.  

George Clooney is an individual who makes a substantial living portraying characters that never existed, or perhaps offering a creative interpretation of individuals past or present.  He operates in the world of fantasy, selling stories to folks looking to be entertained for a multitude of reasons.  I enjoyed his performance in Ocean’s 11, the obligatory sequels not so much.  Generally speaking I find his movies to be substandard, and recall being extremely disappointed in having forked over money for a movie called Solaris, one of the worst I’ve ever seen.  

Anyway, color me unimpressed a notable liberal actor has decided to create a docudrama about a notable conservative politician.   I’ll pass when it’s done, but that’s not all on Clooney—I skip most docudramas these days because I find them overtly manipulative.  Any good filmmaker with an hour or two to tell a story, using psychology, story telling techniques, high production value and adequate resources should have you thoroughly convinced that whatever he wants you to think is the truth.  

I would make an exception if Cloons made a docudrama about the dark side of Hollywood, from the casting couch, to work for sex, the violation of innocents, predatory behavior of studio executives and stars….something like that.  But, when a guy like Clooney bites the hand that feeds him, bad ***** can happen.  Or, maybe he’s partaken and it’s a story he doesn’t want told.  

Any way, enjoy your Clooney flick. Sounds fascinating. 🙄

What a lengthy response for someone so confident in Gym Jordan.

Keep convincing yourself.

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

What a lengthy response for someone so confident in Gym Jordan.

Keep convincing yourself.

Why do you keep spelling his name wrong?  Is that a mental block?  

As for my reply, you sent me a link to a story about former teen heartthrob and apparent Ohio State Wrestling Room expert George Clooney and his project.  I replied.  

Now, don’t  you think a docudrama exposing Hollywood’s sordid underbelly from an insider is long overdue?  It’s fascinating that a high profile megastar like former teen heartthrob ***** dem operative could be so close to guys like Harvey Weinstein—make movies with him—-and be blindsided by allegations of sexual misconduct.   It’s got to be devastating to a guy like George Clooney to be so in the dark about that stuff.  Huh, maybe after the guy in the shower story.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

As for my reply, you sent me a link to a story about former teen heartthrob and apparent Ohio State Wrestling Room expert George Clooney and his project.  I replied.  

Now, don’t  you think a docudrama exposing Hollywood’s sordid underbelly from an insider is long overdue?  It’s fascinating that a high profile megastar like former teen heartthrob ***** dem operative could be so close to guys like Harvey Weinstein—make movies with him—-and be blindsided by allegations of sexual misconduct.   It’s got to be devastating to a guy like George Clooney to be so in the dark about that stuff.  Huh, maybe after the guy in the shower story.  

Are you really that pathetic and can’t do any research on the topic about Gym Jordan?

Ex–Ohio State Wrestler Says Rep. Jim Jordan Asked Him to Deny Abuse Allegations

Six former wrestlers say Rep. Jim Jordan knew about abusive OSU doctor

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/politics/jordan-osu-wrestlers-strauss-invs/index.html

On brand for the Q crowd to defend pedophiles.

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

It says right in your link(s) that his name is spelled “Jim”.  You must have some sort of mental block.  

I know about the allegations, silly.  I know there is no resolution to be had, and that people lie, especially when money, power and politics is involved.  You know it, too.  Why be disingenuous?  

I understand politically why you want to ride the hot George Clooney hand.  In your mind, you got a poster on the wall when you’re a kid, ER makes you tear up every now and again, and that gives the guy instant credibility so Clooney becomes your ride or die.   

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hindustantimes.com/hollywood/i-confided-in-george-clooney-about-sexual-harassment-and-he-had-me-blacklisted-former-co-star-alleges/story-aX0FB46qxJ9Ejc7cmPr5kN_amp.html

Oh boy. Your boy  Clooney is in it deep—  

Ties directly to the the Madame:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9701672/george-clooney-jeffrey-epstein-sex-act-ghislaine-maxwell/

Why you putting your faith in this guy? He’s just a guy making movies…like Harvey Weinstein.  

Pelosi Proves What a Sham Her Jan. 6 Commission Truly Is With Her Latest Move

If you didn’t already know that a “Jan. 6 Commission” controlled by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) was going to be a partisan witch hunt, Pelosi just confirmed it with her latest move.

Pelosi had appointed Democratic choices to the Commission including Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), so you already know how biased it was going to be, stacked with anti-Trump people.

It was already stacked, with Democrats having eight choices for members and Republicans only getting five.

But when Republicans announced their choices for the Commission, Pelosi vetoed two of them: Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH).

In a statement, Pelosi reiterated the lie that the three-hour riot on Jan. 6 was the worst domestic assault on American Democracy since the Civil War. She then gave the following rationale for rejecting the two members.

“With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee.

“The unprecedented nature of January 6th demands this unprecedented decision.”

How could there be any more proof that she only wants a partisan display? She just proved it in spades.

Jordan had also made it clear that if he got on the panel he was going to question Pelosi about the lack of security that day. Apparently, that wasn’t something that Pelosi wanted to face.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) is striking back now. He’s now announced he’s going to pull all the Republican appointees from the Commission unless she seats the two people to whom she was objecting.

“Unless Speaker Pelosi reverses course and seats all five Republican nominees.” McCarthy said, “Republicans will not be party to their sham process and will instead pursue our own investigation of the facts.” He also called her action an “egregious abuse of power.”

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/07/21/pelosi-proves-what-a-sham-her-jan-6-commission-truly-is-with-her-latest-move-n414037

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It says right in your link(s) that his name is spelled “Jim”.  You must have some sort of mental block.  

I know about the allegations, silly.  I know there is no resolution to be had, and that people lie, especially when money, power and politics is involved.  You know it, too.  Why be disingenuous?  

I understand politically why you want to ride the hot George Clooney hand.  In your mind, you got a poster on the wall when you’re a kid, ER makes you tear up every now and again, and that gives the guy instant credibility so Clooney becomes your ride or die.   

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hindustantimes.com/hollywood/i-confided-in-george-clooney-about-sexual-harassment-and-he-had-me-blacklisted-former-co-star-alleges/story-aX0FB46qxJ9Ejc7cmPr5kN_amp.html

Oh boy. Your boy  Clooney is in it deep—  

Ties directly to the the Madame:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9701672/george-clooney-jeffrey-epstein-sex-act-ghislaine-maxwell/

Why you putting your faith in this guy? He’s just a guy making movies…like Harvey Weinstein.  

giphy.gif

For someone not worried about Gym Jordan you really have a lot to say...

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Awe that’s cute bro - I hope you win

He’s just a man, Billy. Tighten your belt, recognize you saddled up on a bad dog and let’s move on.  I don’t think you support Clooney’s abhorrent behavior, I think you just got yourself turned around in his eyes.  

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He’s just a man, Billy. Tighten your belt, recognize you saddled up on a bad dog and let’s move on.  I don’t think you support Clooney’s abhorrent behavior, I think you just got yourself turned around in his eyes.  

I think he does support his behavior, as well as epstein’s behavior and weinstein’s behavior. That’s the type of people he protects. It’s sick really.

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

And numerous student cane forward saying they told him, that he obviously knew and did not a thing about it. He’s just a dirty little punk. Republican hero, who sees no evil. Nancy flushed him 

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’re like a starstruck teenager!   Clooney did a real number on you young fella.  

And you are a brain washed Trump cultist. Dear leader loves useful idiots 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bidens_basement said:

I think he does support his behavior, as well as epstein’s behavior and weinstein’s behavior. That’s the type of people he protects. It’s sick really.

It’s possible, he’s definitely got a hostile side and part of me doubts anyone could so blissfully unaware as to trot out George Clooney as the go to.  Still, I like to have faith in people so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

And numerous student cane forward saying they told him, that he obviously knew and did not a thing about it. He’s just a dirty little punk. Republican hero, who sees no evil. Nancy flushed him 

I acknowledge there are people who feel that way, but it goes with political life and ambition.  Your boy Biden has Tara Reade and you elected him leader.  People analyze details and make determinations based on what they believe.  As I said to Billy, you know this.  Don’t be disingenuous just because you’re a Penn State fan. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

And you are a brain washed Trump cultist. Dear leader loves useful idiots 

What on earth does Clooney have on you people!   

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

God I hated cooking for those numbskulls. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

People were molested - Gym looked the other way and begged the victims to deny it.

Defending the indefensible - sick. 

What a mess!

The GOP is flailing around with no midterm plan whatsoever. They want an “alternate” investigation to run along side the real investigation for their rubes to gobble up nightly on their “alternate reality” news networks. 

By including Gym Jordan, voters see they had no intention of participating in an honest investigation into what happened that day. Really bad strategy moving forward. They couldn’t misread the electorate any worse than this.

Looks like Liz is going to have the last laugh here. I guess we knew that already. McCarthy was never going to make it. He’s about to crash and burn.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Governor said:

What a mess!

The GOP is flailing around with no midterm plan whatsoever. They want an “alternate” investigation to run along side the real investigation for their rubes to gobble up nightly on their “alternate reality” news networks. 

By including Gym Jordan, voters see they had no intention of participating in an honest investigation into what happened that day. Really bad strategy moving forward. They couldn’t misread the electorate any worse than this.

Looks like Liz is going to have the last laugh here. I guess we knew that already. McCarthy was never going to make it. He’s about to crash and burn.

Now I think you're attempting to use satire or humor here.  "Participating in an honest investigation into what happened that day."  Really?  You're kidding me, right?  That's what you believe the objective is here?  You should know by now that honesty and politics are mutually exclusive concepts. 

Members selected for the committee are required to answer "yes" to the following questions.

Are you a Democrat or a Republican?

Do you believe the actions of 1/6 constitute the greatest threat to our democracy since the Civil War?

Will you let your political views prejudice your ability to objectively view and judge the actions and events that lead up to and occurred on 1/6?

The outcome is already determined.  The report is already drafted.  And regardless of anyone's preconceived notions or conclusions or political and social views I find it impossible that anyone with a shred a common sense can't see that too.  You know that just as much as I do.   Anyone that's paying attention here and says they believe this is going to be fair and impartial is a liar.  Plain and simple.  I'm calling them out. 

Posters can question or criticize my specific views on the topic or other topics.  Go ahead if that flimsy rebuttal is all anyone's got.  But my views are inconsequential to the actions and motivations of the committee and you cannot possibly deny the certainty of a "guilty" outcome.     

And what I hate more than almost anything is dishonesty.  And this committee process is fundamentally dishonest.  There's a 100% probability they'll find everything they've already stated previously to be correct.  If there was a absolute certain bet I could make that I have 100% certainty of winning I'd put my life savings on this outcome.  No way they conclude anything else.  The deck is stacked, the dice are fixed.  This is purely a show trial to give the pre-determined outcome and suggested changes to policy and law the stamp of legitimacy it lacks without going through the motions.  Is the term Kangaroo Court? 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

26 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Now I think you're attempting to use satire or humor here.  "Participating in an honest investigation into what happened that day."  Really?  You're kidding me, right?  That's what you believe the objective is here?  You should know by now that honesty and politics are mutually exclusive concepts. 

Members selected for the committee are required to answer "yes" to the following questions.

Do you believe the actions of 1/6 constitute the greatest threat to our democracy since the Civil War?

Will you let your political views prejudice your ability to objectively view and judge the actions and events that lead up to and occurred on 1/6?

The outcome is already determined.  The report is already drafted.  And regardless of anyone's preconceived notions or conclusions or political and social views I find it impossible that anyone with a shred a common sense can't see that too.  You know that just as much as I do.   Anyone that's paying attention here and says they believe this is going to be fair and impartial is a liar.  Plain and simple.  I'm calling them out. 

Posters can question or criticize my specific views on the topic or other topics.  Go ahead if that flimsy rebuttal is all anyone's got.  But my views are inconsequential to the actions and motivations of the committee and you cannot possibly deny the certainty of a "guilty" outcome.     

And what I hate more than almost anything is dishonesty.  And this committee process is fundamentally dishonest.  There's a 100% probability they'll find everything they've already stated previously to be correct.  If there was a absolute certain bet I could make that I have 100% certainty of winning I'd put my life savings on this outcome.  No way they conclude anything else.  The deck is stacked, the dice are fixed.  This is purely a show trial to give the pre-determined outcome and suggested changes to policy and law the stamp of legitimacy it lacks without going through the motions.  Is the term Kangaroo Court? 

Good points.  Alleged dishonesty is way worse than ransacking the Capitol in an attempt to override the results of a presidential election.  

Maybe I’m wrong but didn’t the Republicans ask for and get the joint commission to investigate this in the Senate? Then pull out?

I’m stunned that one side’s political theater resulted in the other side’s political theater. Stunned I tell ya. 

37 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Should Gym Jordan, the guy who attended the meeting which planned the terror attack on the people’s house, sit on a committee investigating that terror attack?

40 minutes ago, Governor said:

Should Gym Jordan, the guy who attended the meeting which planned the terror attack on the people’s house, sit on a committee investigating that terror attack?

52 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Good points.  Alleged dishonesty is way worse than ransacking the Capitol in an attempt to override the results of a presidential election.  

Your responses only reinforce my argument and confirm my conclusions.  You just can't help yourself from making continuous comments about the event to deflect from the argument that regardless of the event the process here is a farce.  And listening to and reading the comments from the committee members you are in alignment with their statements to date too.  So what's the point of this charade?  What's the point?  So they can say we checked of the official line item on the scoresheet?  

Do you really believe after assembling and reviewing all the "evidence" they're going to determine it wasn't "the biggest threat to democracy since the civil war" after all?  And that their initial conclusions were wrong?  Do you really think they're going to allow any counter-arguments or questioning outside the pre-determined outcome and narrative of the event?  Or consider anything thinking or logic "outside the box" they've already built?  

You really think that?  If you really think that I would either question your judgment or conclude you cannot be objective and honest about what this is all about. 

Its all BS.  Like the late-great George Carlin used to say.  And absent BS the entire political process would disintegrate.  He was spot on..   

• Awesome! (+1) 1