Did Mahomes throw his guys under the bus in this post game clip?

JerseyBills

I guess I'll be the guy who says this isn't a big deal. He answered the question honestly and he was completely correct in his assessment.

And no, I don't think his teammates will look at him differently because of this.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Nester said:

He’s right,

Oline and Wr sucked ass in the SB

i bet Hill is the only wr still on the team next year.

would rather have the truth then the normal sports BS puff press conferences

Even though his teammates indeed didn't play good enough, you don't throw your teammates under the bus in a media session like this, that's the point. In a private conversion with your people, sure, go ahead to talk about the "truth", but not in a media interview.

• Agree 2

I've got no problem with the comments. Josh may have said something like we have to play better as a team.

I'm not trying to defend the guy, but everything he says is probably true. Mahomes was beat up again. Toe was killing him. From the top on down the K C Chiefs team was clearly not in the game mentally it appeared IMO.  Its easy to understand why.  

Edited by Figster

Well, he's Patrick Mahomes and he can get away with saying that without any real ramifications aside from some possible on the down-low animus/grumblings against him from some of the players.     With that said, I just can't see Josh Allen ever doing that and we're just fortunate as hell that we not only have an elite franchise QB with the skill set of a god, but that he's equally as good of a human being as he is a player.   Enjoy this ride while you can because it's just getting started and lots more good things on the horizon.   We are embarking upon a golden era for the Bills.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I don't think it is that bad after listening to the extended clip. He basically says the whole offense laid an egg and included himself in there. Then said TB was just better that day and executed on defense at a higher level than they did on O.

I admit it's not picking a bit but I can almost guarantee guys in that locker room are a little bothered. 

I never heard Brady call out his WR /OL for a bad performance. I can't imagine Josh ever saying anything like this. 

As the "guy" the franchise QB, you say "TB was better and it starts with myself getting better as the leader of the O" and STFU! 

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Well, he's Patrick Mahomes and he can get away with saying that without any real ramifications aside from some possible on the down-low animus/grumblings against him from some of the players.     With that said, I just can't see Josh Allen ever doing that and we're just fortunate as hell that we not only have an elite franchise QB with the skill set of a god, but that he's equally as good of a human being as he is a player.   Enjoy this ride while you can because it's just getting started and lots more good things on the horizon.   We are embarking upon a golden era for the Bills.

Well said! Completely agree.  I literally wouldn't trade 17 for any other QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

😂 🤦‍♂️ 😂 

Sorry, is this for real?

Maybe it’s just been 20 years of watching GOAT rip his teammates and coaches on national television and still be loved and bring home the super bowl hardware that makes these P15 comments seem almost harmless in comparison.

even on the 3 criticisms he listed...2 out of the 3 he put on himself.  Ball not coming out quick enough and not knowing where the WRs were going to be.

I get it though...I get the need to look for reasons that JA17 is better.  Well...he’s not.  So you will need to look harder.  I guess.  🤷‍♂️.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Me first and not a team player. 

Anyone still want this guy over Allen?

Not before the SB, definitely not after the SB and NFW after those comments.  Give Josh a team like Mahomes has had (prior to the SB, that is)...

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I admit it's not picking a bit but I can almost guarantee guys in that locker room are a little bothered. 

I never heard Brady call out his WR /OL for a bad performance. I can't imagine Josh ever saying anything like this. 

As the "guy" the franchise QB, you say "TB was better and it starts with myself getting better as the leader of the O" and STFU! 

Well said! Completely agree.  I literally wouldn't trade 17 for any other QB. 

Mahomes called out the WR unit and the O-line unit as a whole, but  not as individuals. I don't think any individual KC player would get too worked up over it. A little bothered is exactly right, and they should be. They played like trash and deserve to be called out on it.

I can't recall TB12 ever doing something like that, although I know Arians called out TB12 a couple of different times this season in post-game pressers. Coach calling out a player is a bit different I guess

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Mahomes called out the WR unit and the O-line unit as a whole, but  not as individuals. I don't think any individual KC player would get too worked up over it. A little bothered is exactly right, and they should be. They played like trash and deserve to be called out on it.

I can't recall TB12 ever doing something like that, although I know Arians called out TB12 a couple of different times this season in post-game pressers. Coach calling out a player is a bit different I guess

Yes. Very different. 

McDermott has called out guys as well

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Oh cool.  Something to get upset over.  Try to enjoy the day.  Who cares what Mahomes thinks. 

I know. just bored =/ I have work in 30 min just killing some time. And yes , I'll admit,  I'm being a bit of a hater. I just haven't liked how the media has made Patty their darling and trashed Josh what felt like everyday. This is my entertainment for the day 😂

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

😂 🤦‍♂️ 😂 

Sorry, is this for real?

Maybe it’s just been 20 years of watching GOAT rip his teammates and coaches on national television and still be loved and bring home the super bowl hardware that makes these P15 comments seem almost harmless in comparison.

even on the 3 criticisms he listed...2 out of the 3 he put on himself.  Ball not coming out quick enough and not knowing where the WRs were going to be.

I get it though...I get the need to look for reasons that JA17 is better.  Well...he’s not.  So you will need to look harder.  I guess.  🤷‍♂️.

Ripping a player for poor performance in the heat of the live action and when it can still make a difference to the result is different than doing it in a post game interview.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Ripping a player for poor performance in the heat of the live action and when it can still make a difference to the result is different than doing it in a post game interview.

Ahhh it’s different showing up and embarrassing your teammates AND coaches on national television when millions are watching...vs...pointing out what went wrong to a pool of reporters that no one is watching.

There definitely is a difference.

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Ahhh it’s different showing up and embarrassing your teammates AND coaches on national television when millions are watching...vs...pointing out what went wrong to a pool of reporters that no one is watching.

There definitely is a difference.

Anything Pat says gets reported publicly, especially stuff like this.