Jump to content

Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

That's likely because he's not a TE or is on the outside.  Week 1 was the last time he went over 100 yards in a game.  He's a great receiver for sure but feel like he's getting limited by what LJ does/doesn't do well.

And hes not very happy about it either.  Hes had some disgruntled tweets this year about lack of targets.  Something like "at least I got my cardio in".

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone that says they are afraid of the Ravens, or that they are praying for us to have a chance, is getting banned. I already confirmed with @Chandler#81   You are fans of an 13-3 football

Hey y'all,   Ravens fan checking in. I've spent every couple minutes I get between meetings catching up on this thread (while I was waiting for my account to be approved - thanks!) and I'm s

We need to be aggressive early and put the Ravens in a hole. I don't care if the Ravens are practically begging us to run the ball. Pass it anyways. Force Lamar Jackson to throw the ball playing catch

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

And hes not very happy about it either.  Hes had some disgruntled tweets this year about lack of targets.  Something like "at least I got my cardio in".

I bet he'd love to put on a Bills uniform.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


 

This is the most encouraging thing I’ve seen with relation to this game. The one thing I think of whenever I consider this matchup is them just constantly blitzing Josh last year and him being a deer in headlights. 

  • Like (+1) 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TylerD said:

Thanks for the kind words! This has been an awesome place to hang, hope one day I can do a trip to Buffalo and see a game! 

The Colts surprised me! I figured they could keep it close for 2 or 3 quarters, but it ended up being a hell of a game right down to the wire.... It was a hard loss to take, but it's a game I will definitely watch over and for the next few years. What an exciting game it was.

Colts were criminally underrated since they are not a flashy team...they are just solid across the board. And now we are paying the price because everyone is dismissing us since we didn't blow them out.  It makes no sense.  Ravens didn't do much offensively against the Colts either...they were held under 300 yards 

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:


 

This is the most encouraging thing I’ve seen with relation to this game. The one thing I think of whenever I consider this matchup is them just constantly blitzing Josh last year and him being a deer in headlights. 

The Ravens also spend the most time in man coverage. If their defense simply does what they've been doing all year, they'll get roasted in this game.

 

The Bills offense is already dictating what the Ravens do and the game hasn't even started.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Colts were criminally underrated since they are not a flashy team...they are just solid across the board. And now we are paying the price because everyone is dismissing us since we didn't blow them out.  It makes no sense.  Ravens didn't do much offensively against the Colts either...they were held under 300 yards 

Exactly! Colts kept that game close for 3 quarters... Held Ravens to 14 total points for three quarters, and it was a 4 point game.... As the Colts did most of regular season, crapped the bed in the 4th quarter however. 

 

Lamar, I will admit has been unreal lately but that is because he has been able to run wild on teams.... They have won 6 in a row, but 4 of those 6 were against a terrible Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Giants and the Bengals.... Hardly an accomplishment getting wins over those teams. Ravens did look impressive against the Titans, but as long as you hold Lamar in check like the Colts did.... He struggles and the Ravens struggle big time on offense. This game will come down to "Can Lamar run, or will the Bills defense hold him in check?" The Bills can also put a lot of points up offensively. I don't see this game being a 38-37 type game..... I think it will be very similar to the Colts game (24-21) Bills take this if I was putting money on it, but it will be very close. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hemma said:

Can’t remember ... How was Murphy setting the edge?


I can’t remember either... you’d imagine a vet has more discipline than the younger guy, and I do remember Johnson blowing contain a few times in his limited snaps... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you get your *** beat this bad, by someone smaller than you (somehow), while having higher row advantage you probably shouldn't leave the house. 

 

Also love the two guys in front that don't turn back for even a second while all this is going on. 

 

 

Edited by Process
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TylerD said:

Exactly! Colts kept that game close for 3 quarters... Held Ravens to 14 total points for three quarters, and it was a 4 point game.... As the Colts did most of regular season, crapped the bed in the 4th quarter however. 

 

Lamar, I will admit has been unreal lately but that is because he has been able to run wild on teams.... They have won 6 in a row, but 4 of those 6 were against a terrible Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Giants and the Bengals.... Hardly an accomplishment getting wins over those teams. Ravens did look impressive against the Titans, but as long as you hold Lamar in check like the Colts did.... He struggles and the Ravens struggle big time on offense. This game will come down to "Can Lamar run, or will the Bills defense hold him in check?" The Bills can also put a lot of points up offensively. I don't see this game being a 38-37 type game..... I think it will be very similar to the Colts game (24-21) Bills take this if I was putting money on it, but it will be very close. 

Yea I think a lot of these people that get payed to watch football for a living yet are still somehow not good at watching football for a living are like...the bills run defense is shakey and the ravens like to run.  But theres a lot more to it than that lol Colts were a much tougher matchup for us defensively as our defenses strength is speed so were going to struggle most against a team with a stout offensive line that mixes up their blocking schemes.  Lamar dancing around in the backfield where his linemen dont really know where he is and where he's going next plays to our strengths much more than a team like the browns Colts or titans would in my opinion.  Its just a shame Pitt lost because they were a perfect matchup for us although that is probably the reason why they lost lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Saturday, 8:15 p.m. ET (NBC, Universo) | Bills Stadium

 

1) It sounds strange, but Josh Allen may have a bigger burden than Lamar Jackson in this game. The Bills have all but given up running the ball, with Zack Moss (who suffered an ankle injury) and Devin Singletary combining for 10 carries for 42 yards on Saturday, and they are unlikely to try against this stout Baltimore front. 

 

2) Hopefully, Buffalo receiver Cole Beasley, who's been dealing with a knee injury, is closer to full health this week, because he wasn't moving at full speed against the Colts on Saturday. If Beasley is right, the Bills can threaten the Ravens' secondary depth with four quality wideouts. No one can cover Stefon Diggs one-on-one, while Gabriel Davis and John Brown can also get deep. That's dangerous against a Ravens team that blitzes plenty and leaves its cornerbacks vulnerable.  

 

3) The Bills defense made just enough plays against the Colts, but it was concerning to see the unit give up 472 yards. Head coach Sean McDermott's group is often about bending but not breaking while making key plays in the red zone. Combine that approach with the Ravens' tendency for long drives, and the Bills defense could be on the field a lot in this game. 

 

4) If McDermott's defense tends toward playing it safe, coordinator Wink Martindale's Ravens group is more boom-or-bust. Baltimore mixed coverages and blitzes beautifully against Tennessee. That said, Sunday's game marked the Ravens' third time facing the Titans in one calendar year. There is less familiarity in this upcoming matchup -- and greater risk sending so much pressure against a pass-first team like the Bills.

 

5) All of the Divisional Round matchups are compelling, but this one is my favorite. I have no clue what will happen, and I could see either team winning the Super Bowl.

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-divisional-round-five-things-to-watch-in-each-game

Well actually ... they didn’t 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The universe has spoken!  A red tailed hawk was eating a raven just outside my office door this afternoon. The hawk just sat there feasting while people were checking it out. If that’s not a sign from the football gods, I don’t know what is! The ravens are dead!  (I couldn’t upload the video for some reason). 
ZaxKhVY.jpg

Edited by chknwing334
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...