Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Colts were criminally underrated since they are not a flashy team...they are just solid across the board. And now we are paying the price because everyone is dismissing us since we didn't blow them out.  It makes no sense.  Ravens didn't do much offensively against the Colts either...they were held under 300 yards 

Exactly! Colts kept that game close for 3 quarters... Held Ravens to 14 total points for three quarters, and it was a 4 point game.... As the Colts did most of regular season, crapped the bed in the 4th quarter however. 

Lamar, I will admit has been unreal lately but that is because he has been able to run wild on teams.... They have won 6 in a row, but 4 of those 6 were against a terrible Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Giants and the Bengals.... Hardly an accomplishment getting wins over those teams. Ravens did look impressive against the Titans, but as long as you hold Lamar in check like the Colts did.... He struggles and the Ravens struggle big time on offense. This game will come down to "Can Lamar run, or will the Bills defense hold him in check?" The Bills can also put a lot of points up offensively. I don't see this game being a 38-37 type game..... I think it will be very similar to the Colts game (24-21) Bills take this if I was putting money on it, but it will be very close. 

• Like (+1) 2

If you get your *** beat this bad, by someone smaller than you (somehow), while having higher row advantage you probably shouldn't leave the house. 

Also love the two guys in front that don't turn back for even a second while all this is going on. 

Edited by Process

5 minutes ago, TylerD said:

Exactly! Colts kept that game close for 3 quarters... Held Ravens to 14 total points for three quarters, and it was a 4 point game.... As the Colts did most of regular season, crapped the bed in the 4th quarter however. 

Lamar, I will admit has been unreal lately but that is because he has been able to run wild on teams.... They have won 6 in a row, but 4 of those 6 were against a terrible Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Giants and the Bengals.... Hardly an accomplishment getting wins over those teams. Ravens did look impressive against the Titans, but as long as you hold Lamar in check like the Colts did.... He struggles and the Ravens struggle big time on offense. This game will come down to "Can Lamar run, or will the Bills defense hold him in check?" The Bills can also put a lot of points up offensively. I don't see this game being a 38-37 type game..... I think it will be very similar to the Colts game (24-21) Bills take this if I was putting money on it, but it will be very close. 

Yea I think a lot of these people that get payed to watch football for a living yet are still somehow not good at watching football for a living are like...the bills run defense is shakey and the ravens like to run.  But theres a lot more to it than that lol Colts were a much tougher matchup for us defensively as our defenses strength is speed so were going to struggle most against a team with a stout offensive line that mixes up their blocking schemes.  Lamar dancing around in the backfield where his linemen dont really know where he is and where he's going next plays to our strengths much more than a team like the browns Colts or titans would in my opinion.  Its just a shame Pitt lost because they were a perfect matchup for us although that is probably the reason why they lost lol

20 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Saturday, 8:15 p.m. ET (NBC, Universo) | Bills Stadium

1) It sounds strange, but Josh Allen may have a bigger burden than Lamar Jackson in this game. The Bills have all but given up running the ball, with Zack Moss (who suffered an ankle injury) and Devin Singletary combining for 10 carries for 42 yards on Saturday, and they are unlikely to try against this stout Baltimore front. 

2) Hopefully, Buffalo receiver Cole Beasley, who's been dealing with a knee injury, is closer to full health this week, because he wasn't moving at full speed against the Colts on Saturday. If Beasley is right, the Bills can threaten the Ravens' secondary depth with four quality wideouts. No one can cover Stefon Diggs one-on-one, while Gabriel Davis and John Brown can also get deep. That's dangerous against a Ravens team that blitzes plenty and leaves its cornerbacks vulnerable.  

3) The Bills defense made just enough plays against the Colts, but it was concerning to see the unit give up 472 yards. Head coach Sean McDermott's group is often about bending but not breaking while making key plays in the red zone. Combine that approach with the Ravens' tendency for long drives, and the Bills defense could be on the field a lot in this game. 

4) If McDermott's defense tends toward playing it safe, coordinator Wink Martindale's Ravens group is more boom-or-bust. Baltimore mixed coverages and blitzes beautifully against Tennessee. That said, Sunday's game marked the Ravens' third time facing the Titans in one calendar year. There is less familiarity in this upcoming matchup -- and greater risk sending so much pressure against a pass-first team like the Bills.

5) All of the Divisional Round matchups are compelling, but this one is my favorite. I have no clue what will happen, and I could see either team winning the Super Bowl.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-divisional-round-five-things-to-watch-in-each-game

Well actually ... they didn’t 

The universe has spoken!  A red tailed hawk was eating a raven just outside my office door this afternoon. The hawk just sat there feasting while people were checking it out. If that’s not a sign from the football gods, I don’t know what is! The ravens are dead!  (I couldn’t upload the video for some reason). 
ZaxKhVY.jpg

Edited by chknwing334
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, TylerD said:

I mean the Titans held him in check for a lot of the game. They only scored 20 points.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

They talking about the running backs who combined for 10 carries.  Josh had 11.

The statement was that they have all but given up on the run. It’s the exact opposite of what happened in the game - most analysts are saying they ran it too much and stayed committed to it too long. Regardless of who the ball carrier was.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I hope to see more Klein this week. 
He’s been effective playing around the line of scrimmage. He’s obviously not running dobbins or Lamar down but he’s quite good at filling holes in the run game. I know we don’t like running 3 linebackers but this would be a good week to start. Just me but I’d put Klein in the middle and mix milano and Edmunds between coverage and blitzes. I think we can all almost agree Baltimore is going to swallow Edmunds up immediately on most run plays. 

I also hope to see some McKenzie motion action this week. Our offense seems to work best when he’s moving all over the place pre snap 

It's been pointed out that the Bills ran a lot of 4-3 personnel with 'Zo Alexander (played 70% of the snaps) last year vs the Ravens.  It's not clear how he was used - at times I think as part of a "heavy nickel"

IMHO when we brought in Klein it was initially with the thought of him taking on part of Zo's role.

I would like to see this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean the Titans held him in check for a lot of the game. They only scored 20 points.

Exactly.  The Raven offense did not exactly run wild on the Titans and the Titans are not known for defense.  It was the Ravens D that won this game.  Josh Allen is not Ryan Tannehill.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3