3, 15, 11, 6, 4

Kaenon

33 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

A friend of mine who is a Titans fan texted me (before their loss today): "Lol. You were 2 bad coaching decisions away from losing to the second best team in the AFC South."

I replied: "If we could have equalized field position, we would have destroyed them."

I'm still debating whether I should send a followup text: "Lol. You lost to the second best team in the AFC North."

You have to!!!

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Any team can win when everything is going right, only a great team can still win when everything is going wrong.

Great perspective, Special K!

Teams usually don’t have a free ride to the SB. It’s a tough road and they have to earn it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

A friend of mine who is a Titans fan texted me (before their loss today): "Lol. You were 2 bad coaching decisions away from losing to the second best team in the AFC South."

I replied: "If we could have equalized field position, we would have destroyed them."

I'm still debating whether I should send a followup text: "Lol. You lost to the second best team in the AFC North."

Send that text.. 1,000% let him know what’s up. 

Roberts has been stellar all season - yesterday was the worst game I have seen him have.

You have to take the good w/ the bad w/ him.  He probably shouldn't have brought that one out of the far side of the EZ - but sometimes that can be a big gainer for him.

Hopefully, we'll see more of what we've come to expect next week.

57 minutes ago, Success said:

Roberts has been stellar all season - yesterday was the worst game I have seen him have.

You have to take the good w/ the bad w/ him.  He probably shouldn't have brought that one out of the far side of the EZ - but sometimes that can be a big gainer for him.

Hopefully, we'll see more of what we've come to expect next week.

He’s had a couple bad games (2 fumbles).  I honestly think McKenzie is the better option as it would save a roster spot and most and around $3M next year.  

10 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

It was a terrible display out of him.  And it wasn't just the runouts on KOs.  He didn't fair catch the punt and they downed it at the 3.  He did the KO runout got nowhere and had the penalty to boot.  He didn't expect and misjudged the one KO and had to just dive on it instead of seeing it was a short one picking it up and getting some additional yards. 

Trying too hard or something - hopefully back to pro bowl form next game.

C’mon guys🤦‍♂️. Return Rule #1: Don’t touch the ball if you’ve backpedaled inside your 10 yard line trying to field a punt.

I know y’all are loving dumping on Roberts, but this has no legs. He did the right thing here. It just sucked that it slowly rolled to the 1. 

15 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

As I've been saying, special teams is the unit that really got totally rocked yesterday leading to difficult positions for the offense and defense. They should have started kicking it out of the end zone on kickoffs and taking the touchbacks. Should have put punts right on the sideline to go oob and sacrificed a few potential yards to prevent returns. 

Throw in Daboll's unusual "commitment" to the run and the Bills were playing that game on hard mode for no reason. 

Roberts took one out, but another i believe was kicked short and had an awkward bounce.  They also had some pretty good punts in that area.  Essentially they moved the ball to midfield on every one of their non-scoring drives and punted.  The other was the 4th and goal.

14 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

It was a terrible display out of him.  And it wasn't just the runouts on KOs.  He didn't fair catch the punt and they downed it at the 3.  He did the KO runout got nowhere and had the penalty to boot.  He didn't expect and misjudged the one KO and had to just dive on it instead of seeing it was a short one picking it up and getting some additional yards. 

Trying too hard or something - hopefully back to pro bowl form next game.

It was on a kickoff though and close to the sideline - you don't touch it because there is a chance it bounces out of bounds.  That one had some sort of miracle bounce where it just died.

Our best return was when Roberts fumbled it in the endzone and took a knee.... I hate taking it out of the endzone.. just take the 25 yard line and let our Offense go to work.  I feel like terrible teams with no offense should be running it out so often..

• Like (+1) 1