I think we can all agree that everyone’s football opinions are varied and nuanced and wrong.

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Beasley is much better than Beebe imo, but it’s also tough to compare different eras. I do think Beasley is more athletic and runs better routes. 

Beebe was pure deep speed, Beasley is about underneath quickness. They are absolutely nothing alike as football players. 

Not to mention, Bass is a kicker and Moorman was a punter. We have a few issues here.....

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

^^^

I don’t agree.  

For starters Reed played slot quite a bit.  Beebe was the deep threat.  Ballard was a RT, Dawkins is a LT so maybe he is Wolford.  Knox is more like McKellar than Metzellars.  Bass is a kicker, Kelso a FS.  Comparing different eras is pointless. 

Edited by Bob in STL

• quinnearlysghost88 changed the title to I think we can all agree Josh is a younger, mobiler handsomer Bledsoe, Diggs is Parrish, Beasley is Hogan , Brown is Peerless, Moss is NOT Thurman, Singletary is Henry, Dawkins is Peters, Knox is McKeller, White is McKelvin and Bass is Moorman
11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't want this team to be any of those guys.  They lost 4 Super Bowls, not looking to replicate that.  

It get that ... but I don’t see any team with the O-line of early 90s Gmen, Hogs and Boys.  I like our chances 🏈

• Like (+1) 1

• quinnearlysghost88 changed the title to I think we can all agree that everyone’s football opinions are varied and nuanced and wrong.
5 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

It get that ... but I don’t see any team with the O-line of early 90s Gmen, Hogs and Boys.  I like our chances 🏈

I agree, some people don’t like comparing eras, but it’s just good fun sometimes. I think the 90’s Bills would actually be more suited to win multiple Super Bowls in today’s era, than they were in the 90’s. There were so many physical hard nosed teams back in the day. It was more difficult to win based on having an elite offense when you faced those teams. The entire league is designed for elite offensive teams to win titles these days. 

• Like (+1) 1