And Stefon has been digging
his new chicken wing sauce,
grabbed the final league lead.
Then went for a floss.

Josh still will be clutch
without Kumerow.
BILLS BLAST PAST THE COLTS
TOWARDS NUMERO UNO!!!

Some weird choices in this one...I love it.

28 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I love how when Miami was hot, this is all we heard: "top scoring defense."  Like that was the equivalent of being No. 1.  That's not normally how defenses are ranked. 

No, but I think its better than ranking them by yards.  IMO, who cares how many yards are given up if you keep them from scoring points.  Thats what Miami did prior to our game... they were the best at keeping the other team out of the endzone and held teams to under 19ppg.

Just now, Penfield45 said:

maybe he can drop another game winning pass 

or maybe he will catch one.

or maybe he won't play at all.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

No, but I think its better than ranking them by yards.  IMO, who cares how many yards are given up if you keep them from scoring points.  Thats what Miami did prior to our game... they were the best at keeping the other team out of the endzone and held teams to under 19ppg.

or maybe he will catch one.

or maybe he won't play at all.

just hope Beasley can suit up , even if he’s not 100% 

Diggs injury is my biggest fear going into tomorrow

Howard is one of the best CB’s in the league and I hope Diggs injury doesn’t limit his cuts and routes 

Edited by Penfield45

6 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

My current situation: Trying to balance getting drunk enough tonight to be able to sleep, with not drinking so much I want to puke at kickoff. 

Hair of the dog is a great thing.  Not even joking.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If you are a good defense, your yardage and points allowed should be pretty close. They are sort of indicators of each other. But the problem is when one is way out of whack than the other.

Miami had a great scoring defense, but I think it was an aberration or at least not sustainable. The other good scoring defenses this year also had good yardage numbers. You tend to be luckier than good when your PPG is low but yardage is high, like Miami. 

Don’t get me wrong— Miami was great at generating turnovers and making big plays. But that is a very hard type of defense to run to sustain success. Doubtful they can replicate it next year. 

30 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This I just don’t understand. Hopefully Singletary and Miss saw what the UDFA did and are motivated. 

The entire roster is healthy (maybe Beasley out) and Sean will have a hard time finding who he want to be "inactive" as it is.

Antonio will only play in the playoffs IF there is an injury IMO.

1 hour ago, MWK said:

I’m not saying that Stills is a superstar, chap. The Texans chose to move on from Stills because he was in the final year of his deal and they knew he wasn’t coming back next year, so they decided to give him a chance to catch on with a contender.

I believe I saw that in someone's tweet or article. 

I don't think any team that has a player under guaranteed contract for the season releases that player with 6 games left "to give him a chance to catch on with a contender".  The truth is that Sills had seen his snap counts fall from 36% (first 4 games) to 26% (second 4 games) to 10% (last 2 games).  The Texans decided they valued his roster spot and his locker space more than his face (and anything he contributed).   When he played, he wasn't getting a lot of targets, and he was doing a 50/50 job of hauling in the targets he got.

All I know is that he is still an NFL-level player while Duke belongs back in the CFL or XFL. I am also scarred from the inexplicable decision to bring Duke up last year and target him 10 times, which partially cost us the game. 

🙄 Something is "inexplicable" if it can't be explained.  How about this?  We targeted Duke 10 times because the Texans were bracketing Beasley and Brown and taking them away much of the time, and Josh was struggling to find time and read the coverage when they were open.  Duke got targeted because he was open, and the results led Beane to conclude we needed a serious upgrade at WR. 

Which served a useful purpose, IMO.

There is a reason that nobody has even tried to sign Duke off of our practice squad in the last two years, and that is because he is not an NFL player. And before someone says that the coaching staff knows more than me and that he could have been good in practice, there is a reason he was only activated once all year and never played. If he was so good, they would have brought him up or actually let him play receiver at some point.

If the coaching staff thought Duke was "not an NFL player", he would be off the Practice Squad in favor of a developmental guy who might have the potential to become an NFL player.  The reason he's not been activated is because Thank God for the most part, our WR group has stayed healthy, McKenzie seems to have developed beyond being a "gadget guy", and our rookie has played very well.  So Duke has been down far enough on our depth chart that we haven't needed him. 

But that doesn't follow he's not an "NFL player" because, as was seen in the Dolphins game, we just may have a bunch of guys who don't see much playing time on our roster and even our practice squad who could start somewhere else.

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

I’m not challenging them on anything. It’s their decision and they get paid to make those calls. It’s my opinion as a fan. The entire reason fan message boards like this exist. To discuss our opinions. I don’t have to attend practice every day to have one. Nor do you have to agree with me or place any significance in my opinion. I’m not offended by that. I know the rules.

To be fair, I don’t dislike him because he dropped that TD pass against the Texans. I actually really like his attitude. He also made some tough catches in that game, but I think we’ve seen about all we’re going to see from Duke and the playoffs are no time for his inconsistency. Just my opinion.

I’d like nothing more to be wrong on that because I always root for the team’s success over my own ego and ability to say “I told you so”.  If Duke comes out and plays incredible I’ll be the first one on here to quote myself and eat crow. 

I doubt you're likely to see Duke much tomorrow.  But if Beas can't go and we have McKenzie off a bum ankle and Diggs fighting an oblique injury, I'd rather see Duke who knows the playbook active than a guy who got thrown off a bad team mid-season and only joined the team last week.  (Truthfully I'd rather see Kumerow, but that ship sailed unfortunately).  My guess is that Duke either won't be active (like Webb Week 16) and they called him up to give him a salary bump for being a good guy/give the Colts offensive assistants something to do (Window Dressing) OR that he'll be active as a "break glass in emergency" kind of guy.

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

just hope Beasley can suit up , even if he’s not 100% 

Diggs injury is my biggest fear going into tomorrow

Howard is one of the best CB’s in the league and I hope Diggs injury doesn’t limit his cuts and routes 

Who’s Howard?