Cam Newton - “Mentally tough”

RunTheBall

He is a narcissist. He thinks he is the best player to ever grace the game of football. He blames everyone but himself.

And if he doesn't get a job next year I'm sure he'll say that the NFL is racist, regardless of the fact that he has thrown twice as many INT's as he has TD's.

The sad thing is I used to like him until I got to know what kind of person he is and how full of himself he is. Now I can't stand him.

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

He is a narcissist. He thinks he is the best player to ever grace the game of football. He blames everyone but himself.

And if he doesn't get a job next year I'm sure he'll say that the NFL is racist, regardless of the fact that he has thrown twice as many INT's as he has TD's.

The sad thing is I used to like him until I got to know what kind of person he is and how full of himself he is. Now I can't stand him.

Unlikeable football player.

Unlikeable human being.

He is the worst.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Besides his arm looking shot on the the field, he looked like a deer in the headlights on the sideline the other night too.  Whether by his choice or not, thinking he knows it’s close to his time in the league being over.

You can bet Belichick/McDaniels know it too and they also know Stidham is not the answer - expect the Pats to draft a QB in the 1st round

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why do you think he’ll claim racism given that he’s never done such a thing in his career? Hmm.

Edited by dave mcbride

1 minute ago, Looper said:

You can bet Belichick/McDaniels know it too and they also know Stidham is not the answer - expect the Pats to draft a QB in the 1st round

They should have known Stidham wasn't the answer last year after watching him all season in practices and in the limited (because he sucked) game action he got.  Yet they still went into the season with him projected to be their starter.  And I just can't believe that they planned on Cam being available until July and him agreeing to accept just $1M to play for them.

And right now they're picking 15th (assuming WTF wins the NFC Least, otherwise it's likely 16th).  That's too low to get one of the top guys and trading-up higher to get one of the non-Lawrence guys, who are a huge drop-off, will cost them. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bottom line is he’s not good.  Teams can put up with the craziness if he’s performing.  He never made the transition to a pocket QB.  He still thought he was more power running back than QB.  Josh would’ve suffered same fate but his transformation this year into a passing QB has been almost miraculous.  Cam never thought he had to change.  The MVP and super bowl appearance were fool’s gold.  

I think Cam is shot too.

But for the record, Cam had almost 2000 more passing yards in his first three years than Josh does. He was a great QB and always was a better pocket passer than people gave him credit. Far better than most QBs with his athletic ability. A league MVP. And the refs and his coaches let him get killed. 

I didn't see him being as good as he was coming out of Auburn. I didn't understand those that wanted Bills to draft him. But he turned out to be a great QB for a period of time. He carried that Carolina team. He has zero talent around him in New England and they still won 6 games.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

They should have known Stidham wasn't the answer last year after watching him all season in practices and in the limited (because he sucked) game action he got.  Yet they still went into the season with him projected to be their starter.

They didn't know and they projected him as more than a starter.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/06/10/and-the-best-qb-in-the-afc-east-is-jarrett-stidham-of-the-patriots/

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Why do you think he’ll claim racism given that he’s never done such a thing in his career? Hmm.

Because he is convinced he is a great player and will be looking for things to blame.

He was a really good player in 2015. He's been washed since the TJ Watt hit on his throwing shoulder.

I've never liked his narcissism.

I remember watching Panthers in the All or Nothing series. In the episode where he was meeting new owner Tepper, after successive seasons lost to injury. He was clowning and being overfamiliar, as if he owned the place. Tepper just passively looked at him with those merchant banker shark eyes. Next season he was gone.

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

They should have known Stidham wasn't the answer last year after watching him all season in practices and in the limited (because he sucked) game action he got.  Yet they still went into the season with him projected to be their starter.  And I just can't believe that they planned on Cam being available until July and him agreeing to accept just $1M to play for them.

And right now they're picking 15th (assuming WTF wins the NFC Least, otherwise it's likely 16th).  That's too low to get one of the top guys and trading-up higher to get one of the non-Lawrence guys, who are a huge drop-off, will cost them. 

You may be right about the draft although they could move up a spot or two if they lose to the Jets. Quite a few teams ahead of them that need QBs as well, although they might have a shot at Lance or Wilson. Walter has them taking Wilson @ #14. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I didn’t read the story because I hate him more than Ed Oliver does. He’s a mental midget and I doubt he’ll ever play another game after tomorrow. jmo.

"Mental midget" is harsh. He's not stupid.  I'd say he's self-absorbed and almost delusional, which as his abilities erode, make him more and more an ass clown.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Well if  they didn't know, that's a bad sign for them.   And good for the Bills.

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

You may be right about the draft although they could move up a spot or two if they lose to the Jets. Quite a few teams ahead of them that need QBs as well, although they might have a shot at Lance or Wilson. Walter has them taking Wilson @ #14. 

True they'll move-up several spots if they lose to the Jets, but how embarrassing would that be for Belicheat? :lol:

As for Wilson, no way he lasts that long.

53 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

They didn't know and they projected him as more than a starter.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/06/10/and-the-best-qb-in-the-afc-east-is-jarrett-stidham-of-the-patriots/

It is truly hilarious in retrospect to see how completely Bahstahn writers bought into the idea that Josh was Bobby Douglass....

• Like (+1) 1