Patriots domination is over, their fans have no clue about what’s coming.

Meatloaf63

17 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Have to draft well to properly rebuild a team, Pats have not drafted well the last 10 years or so...

I’m not sure this is true given their record.  They are not finding big impact players drafting at the end of every round but they have kept their roster solid enough to play in 9 of the last 18 SBs, and win 6 SBs.  

Right now they have holes but they are also $50M under the cap.  

**** the Pats!!!

They had their time......now it's our turn.

They instilled fear league wide for 20 years and have no idea what it feels like to be mediocre, even bad. Well, they're about to find out what it feels like to root for a failing franchise with no hope in sight......hopefully.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I’m not sure this is true given their record.  They are not finding big impact players drafting at the end of every round but they have kept their roster solid enough to play in 9 of the last 18 SBs, and win 6 SBs.  

Right now they have holes but they are also $50M under the cap.  

They’re good at drafting mid to late round defensive players .....they suck at drafting skill position players.

The delusions started with them...after Tommy left. They thought he was bad last year and that Stidham, and then Cam, would be an improvement. I said that they’d be wishing their new QB would put up numbers anywhere near what Tommy did. 

Their fans believe Belichick can turn anyone into a good QB.

They're about to find out that's not even remotely true.

They'll continue to be well coached, and their defense will improve next year when they get a bunch of players back off their COVID list, but their offense is a disaster right now with no building blocks at QB or WR currently on the roster, and the odds of finding those things in free agency will be incredibly difficult. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Even if they do find their guy.. it’s rare for a 6-10 or 7-9 team to turn into a 10 win or 11 win team.. Bills are red hot with arguably the best or one of the best QBs in the league.. Our team is well built around him.. Patriots are not well built, they’re in full out rebuild with no QB.. They’re not picking high enough to draft a quality QB and even if they did it may take him 2 or 3 years before he can play at a high level.. I’m more concerned with Miami at this point..

Is it rare? We're not talking about a 1 or 2 win team, here...

Unquestionably, the Bills are better and probably will be for the foreseeable future, but there are 3 wild card slots now. The Patriots are not a good team, but they get some fire power back next year and have a ton of cap space. They could conceivably turn it around quickly. Or they could take a decade plus to do it. Guess we'll find out.

I am hesitant to shovel dirt on them right now.

The bills are at a high point.  It's possible this sustains for multiple years, please let it be longer... but it's possible we don't see a bills run like this in a long time.  This is 1991 Bills level in the conversation as the best team in franchise history.

The patriots are at a 20 year low.  I don't trust Bill belichick to stay down.  I could see him putting together a very competent team, and there are more capable quarterbacks in the world than ever before.  I could see him studying and building a defense with the express sole purpose of stopping Josh Allen and the bills offense.  I still have nightmares and need therapy for the last 20 years.

With that said, there are things I could get behind.  I think today's day and age, you need a coach who is smart but also respects players and empowers the individual athlete.  McDermott and Reid are examples of that.  Belichick's George halas/Vince Lombardi death camp my way or the highway shtick is tired.  Without perpetual winning nobody wants to go out of their way to play there for that grump.  

His drafting has also been awful.  Cam we really expect him to nab a team full of starters at this point just because they have a top 15 pick?  They knew Brady was going to leave when he did and their succession plan is terrible.  That and this season is self-inflicted.  I

Reading their forums, there is a bit of delusion.  I felt the same way back in 00 I remember.  Butler and Phillips are gone?  Who cares, we will be just fine!  Bring on the next phase of perpetual winning..  There is even a thread there about trading up for the #1 overall pick.  There is a lack of seeing the forest through the trees in that the bills and dolphins finally seem to have emerged as competent franchises.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Can someone tell me how Cam Newton earned the right to be just called "Cam" by NFL announcers? The guy never won a damn thing in the NFL. Played like crap in his SB appearance and has been utter garbage this year for the Pats. But because he's on New England , NFL announcers on all the networks refer to him by his first name just like they nauseatingly did to Brady? I think it was Dan Dierdorf who started it with Brady but why Newton? And all the faux shock that Newton has been terrible this year? Like all the NFL media thought he was so awesome all along and how mystifying that he has played so poorly?

??

His birth name is Cameron, people typically shorten the name Cameron to."Cam" and he was a former league MVP he earned the right to be respected by announcers. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills of Boston said:

My favorite pats fan quote is “well after 20 years I can handle 1 down season”

ONE?!?!  You stupid CLOWS (edited for family board)... get comfortable, don’t worry finding a franchise QB is easy

Oh the possible irony.  The Cheaters need a QB and the Iggles have one for sale.  

Would love to hear those negotiations given outright hatred between both.

45 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Let’s be honest. Most of their “fans” weren’t fans before they were good and will stop being fans if they have 2-3 non-playoff years. 

I was teasing a co worker pats fan last night. He used to fly all over and go to Super Bowls to watch them play. He claimed last night he hasn’t watched a game all season. I call bs, but I believe you are right, if they suck next year their fan base will shrink in half...

When the good times come to an end for a franchise, it is easy to believe they will come back quickly. Sometimes they do, but not always.

We all know what that meant for the Bills between 1966 and 1980, or after 1996. A tweak here, the right deal there, and all will be well...

From 1968 to 1994, folks in Green Bay kept saying, "the Pack is Back!" A few playoff appearances fed those fantasies, but it was a long stretch of irrelevance.

Ask Bears fans between 1963 and 1985... or Giants fans between say 1962 and 1986.... or Browns fans between 1972 and 1985 or 1994 to the present...

Pats fans think they are special because they had a great team for a while. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

this is must watch. They mocked the BB phone throw for like 2 minutes too!!

Why do we not have a "caption this" thread?

"Veuillez appuyer sur 1 pour le français.
Por favor presione 2 para español.
Bitte drücken Sie 3 für Deutsch."

Don't really care about Pats fans or what they think.  

Do care about the 12-3 Buffalo Bills and tearing up teams in the playoffs.

Just like back in the early 90s.  

There's too much emotional energy directed at other teams' fans, their message boards, and things that don't matter.  

Enjoy the domination these past 2 weeks as the Bills arrive into the NFL's elite. 

14 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I was teasing a co worker pats fan last night. He used to fly all over and go to Super Bowls to watch them play. He claimed last night he hasn’t watched a game all season. I call bs, but I believe you are right, if they suck next year their fan base will shrink in half...

Why do you not believe him? Was he a fan before Tainted T*m became starter?

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Why do you not believe him? Was he a fan before Tainted T*m became starter?

Not sure, he’s in his late 40’s and grew up in Boston. I’ll have to continue the abuse to find out LOL...

17 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Don't really care about Pats fans or what they think.  

Do care about the 12-3 Buffalo Bills and tearing up teams in the playoffs.

Just like back in the early 90s.  

There's too much emotional energy directed at other teams' fans, their message boards, and things that don't matter.  

Enjoy the domination these past 2 weeks as the Bills arrive into the NFL's elite. 

It’s fun and costs us nothing and is part of the enjoyment of what these Bills have become. Enjoy every aspect of being on top, you never know how long it will last or when it will come back again...

• Thank you (+1) 1