Patriots domination is over, their fans have no clue about what’s coming.

Meatloaf63

18 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

We'll see.   When the Pats' 8 (eight!) Covid op-outs and Gilmore are back and they get a competent QB (they have tons of cap space), they'll be a very competitive team next year.   The Bills and strong to be sure, but we beat the Pats twice, Seattle, San Fran and others when they were really beat up by major injury/Covid problems.   Bills play KC, Pittsburg and Titans AGAIN next year (along with Brady/Bucs) ; every year and every game will be a battle .  Who knows, Bills could have a bunch of guys go down for the season like what happened to the 49ers this year; then the whole conversation changes.   Enjoy it now while things are working in the Bills direction.   The 9ers fans thought they'd be awesome the next (this year) as well.  We see how that worked out.   

Go Bills.   Trust the Process.  

What competent QB do you believe they can get?

• They will likely be picking too late to get a top QB prospect.  And even if they get one, rookies don't generally win many games.
  • The only starters set to be free agents are Dak Prescott (Cowboys are not letting him go), Philip Rivers (may retire, may stay on the Colts), and Mitchell Trubisky (still not buying a turnaround).  Maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick?
  • Trade options are not going to be cheap.  They could maybe go for someone like Carson Wentz, but then they have no cap space to surround him with anything resembling offensive weapons.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Absolutely 

No question about it

No....he had the same offensive team last year and look at his numbers the sec half of the season. People were saying he was washed.

Do you see any of the offensive talent the bucs have on this NE team? Come on man.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

No....he had the same offensive team last year and look at his numbers the sec half of the season. People were saying he was washed.

Do you see any of the offensive talent the bucs have on this NE team? Come on man.

You’re welcome to your opinion. I’m never going to bet against Brady. And Bellicheck has learned it the hard way in 2020. It’s not so easy in the NFL if you don’t have the GOAT under center. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re welcome to your opinion. I’m never going to bet against Brady. And Bellicheck has learned it the hard way in 2020. It’s not so easy in the NFL if you don’t have the GOAT under center. 

It's not an opinion though. It's a fact. The evidence is there. That's fine in all about not betting against Brady, but NE success wasn't all Brady.

While I agree with the OP, don’t be surprised if it just doesn’t really matter to Pats fans if they ever win again...they’ve won enough to last a lifetime...

Case in point...I’m a life long Yankee fan, we won so much in the late 90s, by the time it was over I was actually getting a little bored with it because I always knew they were gonna win...and when the dynasty finally came to an end, I remember thinking that I could never experience another championship again, and would be completely ok with that because I had seen it all- and knew it could never get any better than that...

It literally was enough winning to last a lifetime...

Edited by JaCrispy

16 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Most of the opt outs are aging over the hill non factors except for Hightower. Bills drafting has been terrible. His record without Brady is average at best. We lost to the Titans and Chiefs with what now is known a injured Josh Allen. We suffered through lots of defensive injuries too. Not saying it will be a cake walk, but everybody thought this season’s schedule was brutal and I think we did fine. The truth is we have built a pretty damn good team and if we get better at running and better at stopping the run, this team will dominate for years to come...

Unless what happened to the 49ers happens to the Bills.   I get that this is a fan board and everyone's excited (including me) but rashes of IR injuries to key, high cap hit players end seasons, that's a fact.  The 9ers proved that this year.     And you'll all be calling for McBeanes heads if it does, which would be insane, but again, this is a fan board. 

If the Bills stay healthy, I am with you 100%.    But we know what this team looks like when just a few guys are down (eg. Josh, Milano, etc for the KC and Titans games)  combined with some adversity (Covid stuff).   What if Josh/Milano/Hughes/Poyer are down for the season, as JimmyG/Bosa/Thomas/Ford were for the 49ers this year??? Everything changes, as they are not replaceable in the short term.   Just sayin', all the hoopla about the Bills future is under the assumption they have their roster for most of the season.   And the massive $$ Pegulas put into the fitness facilities along with McBeanes refusal to rush guys back from injury (etc. Milano) I believe are helpful in this. 

Go Bills.   Just enjoy it.  I am.   Leave the future in the future.  

• Like (+1) 2

None of us know what is in store for them either. They could find their guy next year and be well on their way to recovery, or they could be in limbo for a decade. Nobody knows.

I think it is wishful thinking to think that they will go through anything close to what the Bills went through during the drought.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Bill still thinking he can win his way without Brady will hurt them. I doubt he’s willing to adjust and without Brady that whole “Patriot Way” crap they like to spew will become more of an issue for a team that doesn’t win a whole lot anymore.

When you see how well the authoritarian "Patriot Way" has worked for all of Bill's acolytes who didn't have the luxury of Tom Brady on their roster, you get a glimpse of the near future...

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

We'll see.   When the Pats' 8 (eight!) Covid op-outs and Gilmore are back and they get a competent QB (they have tons of cap space), they'll be a very competitive team next year.   The Bills and strong to be sure, but we beat the Pats twice, Seattle, San Fran and others when they were really beat up by major injury/Covid problems.   Bills play KC, Pittsburg and Titans AGAIN next year (along with Brady/Bucs) ; every year and every game will be a battle .  Who knows, Bills could have a bunch of guys go down for the season like what happened to the 49ers this year; then the whole conversation changes.   Enjoy it now while things are working in the Bills direction.   The 9ers fans thought they'd be awesome the next (this year) as well.  We see how that worked out.   

Go Bills.   Trust the Process.  

You have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat and step on the neck of wounded ones- we have done that this year minus Arizona. We let them off the hook at the end on the Hail Mary.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Dolphin fans are calling us the most overrated team in the NFL lol.......have they looked at how their team is winning games this year? Dolphins remind me of the 13-3 Dick Jauron Bears.....bad offense that relies on an opportunistic defense and special teams.

There is some corroboration from our own fans about Dolphins being super good.   I have read here how  the Dolphins are the team to be  feared in AFC East because they are already elite and that Tua is the real deal and super accurate.   

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

None of us know what is in store for them either. They could find their guy next year and be well on their way to recovery, or they could be in limbo for a decade. Nobody knows.

I think it is wishful thinking to think that they will go through anything close to what the Bills went through during the drought.

Even if they do find their guy.. it’s rare for a 6-10 or 7-9 team to turn into a 10 win or 11 win team.. Bills are red hot with arguably the best or one of the best QBs in the league.. Our team is well built around him.. Patriots are not well built, they’re in full out rebuild with no QB.. They’re not picking high enough to draft a quality QB and even if they did it may take him 2 or 3 years before he can play at a high level.. I’m more concerned with Miami at this point..

Can someone tell me how Cam Newton earned the right to be just called "Cam" by NFL announcers? The guy never won a damn thing in the NFL. Played like crap in his SB appearance and has been utter garbage this year for the Pats. But because he's on New England , NFL announcers on all the networks refer to him by his first name just like they nauseatingly did to Brady? I think it was Dan Dierdorf who started it with Brady but why Newton? And all the faux shock that Newton has been terrible this year? Like all the NFL media thought he was so awesome all along and how mystifying that he has played so poorly?