Week 16: Sunday Games Around the League

19 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Week 17 is going to be wild. I’m interested to see what the schedule looks like time wise. I wonder if bills dolphins will slide to 4:25

Ya all the AFC games with playoff implications will be either 1 or 4:25

I am guessing it will be flexed to 4:25. 

4 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

When a guy acts like Haskins, you have to wonder how a franchise doesn’t see that somewhere during the draft process. It’s one thing to take a chance on a player with character flaws, but it’s another when that guy is supposed to be your franchise QB. 

They do see it. They just choose to ignore it. 

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A nobody came off the bench and outplayed Haskins. 

Allen had his ankle destroyed and Smith got hurt as well otherwise Haskins never sees the field this year. Rivera made his opinion of the player pretty clear early on. They will be in the QB market again this off season and would have been even before the strip club BS.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Negative, it’s not a fumble unless it hits the ground.  It would be a lateral at that point regardless of intent.  

I see you kept insisting about the ground in this thread.

Here is a link to online NFL rule book

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/fumbling-in-the-end-zone/

and here is relevant excerpt about what a fumble is  :

A fumble is any act, other than a pass or kick, which results in a loss of player possession.”

Amazing that it does not mention ground anywhere....

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/fumbling-in-the-end-zone/

A fumble is any act, other than a pass or kick, which results in a loss of player possession.”

Yeah I mean if someone gets the stuffing knocked out of them and the ball pops up in the air and a defender catches it, it's still a fumble even if it didn't touch the ground.

9 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

McVay is a good coach.  He’s been propping Goff up for 4 years.  Goff is a below average NFL starter.  There’s only so much play action and roll outs you can do to mask Goff’s inability to stand in against pressure and deliver from the pocket.  

He is a good coach. He isn't a great one. His system has been worked out and he is struggling to adjust. He started this season nicely by mixing some other concepts but as the season has gone on he has settled back into his comfort zone and the book on defending them is out. That said the second half of this season is the worst stretch of football of Jared Goff's career. I but the 2019 Rams disappointment on McVay more than Goff.... but 2020 is on Goff more than McVay. He has just made too many mistakes and turned it over too much. 

10 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Wonder where Haskins is going to go unwind this week. Another stellar performance. 👌

Haskins is done. He might not be in the NFL next season. 

15 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Yes...why is that surprising? Most rule changes come because of specific plays in the playoffs they feel are wrong but technically correct under the rules.

Not surprised, I was just reminiscing  🙂

12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Week 17 is going to be wild. I’m interested to see what the schedule looks like time wise. I wonder if bills dolphins will slide to 4:25

1 PM 

Miami at Buffalo   (Romo said “I know where I’ll be next Sunday or something line that Nantz replied with at Buffalo?)

Ravens at Cincinnati 

Pitt at Cleveland 

4 PM

Chargers at KC on Fox

CBS

Tenn at Houston 
Vegas at Denver 

Jax at Indy 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

9 hours ago, Doc said:

The Packers did their part.  Too bad rivers played like an idiot in the second half of that Steelers game.

His arm looks dead...

7 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Pretty damn clear there isn’t it👍

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Did the browns even pick up the 1st down after the fumble? I only saw the bit of the game they showed on NFL network game day live. I thought the announcers said that they would have still come up short for the 1st down? Or did I not hear correctly? 

I think they would have had it easily (very short) but there's that "can't recover and advance on 4th down unless you're the player that fumbled" thing.

The reason folks who don't know that rule are all hot n bothered is because he did pick up the 1st (or so it looked)

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean do they all say that or did we just get robbed?

Flattered.  We got flattered.  (Imitation is...)

Seriously I have seen a trend of other teams copying a few of our plays...that run up the middle by Tannehill for example.  I love it!

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think they would have had it easily (very short) but there's that "can't recover and advance on 4th down unless you're the player that fumbled" thing.

The reason folks who don't know that rule are all hot n bothered is because he did pick up the 1st (or so it looked)

The ball has to hit the ground though to be a fumble I read here 😛

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

yeah I found a game replay and watched that play. Hunt did pick up the 1st. I’m not sure what the announcers were referring to when he said he might have been short. I tuned into the play late so I only caught part of what he was saying.

I’m thinking maybe he was referring to it looking like Mayfield was short of the 1st down before he fumbled (not that it mattered).

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

yeah I found a game replay and watched that play. Hunt did pick up the 1st. I’m not sure what the announcers were referring to when he said he might have been short. I tuned into the play late so I only caught part of what he was saying.

I’m thinking maybe he was referring to it looking like Mayfield was short of the 1st down before he fumbled (not that it mattered).

That latter is what I think.  If Mayfield had gotten the first down then fumbled and Browns recovered, I'm not sure what that becomes.

• Like (+1) 1