How the Allen narrative has changed.....

Billsfan1972

You saw today that they still made some references to years 1-2, but no longer is it wondering if he will regress, but just how friggin  good he is.

That TD called back handoff to Singletary had the announcers shaking their heads in disbelief, along with the then 22 yard strike to Kumerow......

Interesting too that Diggs made a bad play along the sidelines on a 40 yard pass and acknowledged it too, then a 55 yard strike.

So much fun to watch.  I swear they're trying to make up for 2017-2019 on offense.😜 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Obviously I'm biased and don't spend a ton of time researching other teams QBs, but the progress Josh has made is phenomenal. I think adding a #1 like Diggs is a huge part of that, so hats off to Bean as well.

They might have one of those two-minds-as-one connections.  Like Brady and Welker.  Montana and Rice.  Jim and André.  On one of his sideline catches, Josh made the throw before Diggs had even made his cut.  It was absurd and impossible to defend.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

That TD run that didn't count with on the reverse handoff was amazing had it counted it would be all over media...btw tick tack holding call on that play

I was almost pissed they ran that play against the Broncos in this game. They should have saved it for the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I was almost pissed they ran that play against the Broncos in this game. They should have saved it for the playoffs 

I do agree with this to a point ...still good to get on film that teams need to be aware of could have some nice benefits

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I actually like that we've put so much on tape this year. Good luck to DCs trying to game plan around our offense inside the 10. Cross your fingers and hope a penalty takes away our inevitable touchdown because there's no way you can prepare for everything we have.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I actually like that we've put so much on tape this year. Good luck to DCs trying to game plan around our offense inside the 10. Cross your fingers and hope a penalty takes away our inevitable touchdown because there's no way you can prepare for everything we have.

Probably the beat thing that daboll does. He puts things in games early in the season and builds off them

Teams absolutely freak out when they see McKenzie check into the game in the red zone, which allowed the statue of liberty play to work so well

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I agree in general for sure. And he’s been not only designing, practicing and calling them at the right time, but setting them up in earlier games and series. 

That is a unique once a year play though. A touchdown play. 

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I agree in general for sure. And he’s been not only designing, practicing and calling them at the right time, but setting them up in earlier games and series. 

That is a unique once a year play though. A touchdown play. 

I think we will see a variation on it in one of the playoff games. This time Josh will either throw it after the double fake, or run it in himself. ;)

It was one of the best plays in a game full of exceptional ones, and was negated by the ticky tack hold on Boettger. TBH, my first impressions were that it wasn't even a hold, but after seeing it again a couple of times, you do see some jersey movement. Unfortunately it happened right in front of a Zebra, who probably saw it because he didn't know where the football was. ;)

10 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Obviously I'm biased and don't spend a ton of time researching other teams QBs, but the progress Josh has made is phenomenal. I think adding a #1 like Diggs is a huge part of that, so hats off to Bean as well.

Analytics people will say it's the greatest progress in NFL history. 

Allen will be used as the blueprint for teams, fans, and media. It's fun to see. 

11 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This O Line loves their Franchise QB and blocks their collective guts out for him so he can unleash his awesomeness  :)

Diggs was a huge aquisition and honestly didn't think he would re write the record book in year 1...I thought maybe year 2 ;)

I loved that trade from day one 

10 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I am sure Daboll has a bag full of gadget plays set aside for the playoffs :)