Monday Night FB Baltimore Ravens @ Cleveland Browns, 8:15 PM

HOUSE

6 minutes ago, balln said:

do you really think that a professional athlete's drinking or not drinking water is the reason they cramp during competition? like its an "effort" or discipline thing?

If that wasn't the reason, why do they typically give them IV's as part of the treatment?

Cramping is usually caused by dehydration, so either lack of water intake or things that are diuretics like alcohol or caffeinated beverages could hurt.

Also, not replenishing fluids while playing could be an issue too...I played sports all my life and knew some players that didn't like drinking during games because they didn't like the feeling of water in their stomach sloshing around.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

yeah, when he got to the locker room door, he screamed for someone to get out of his way.  He was in a hurry if you know what I mean

Bingo - that hand motion is the giveaway.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

If that wasn't the reason, why do they typically give them IV's as part of the treatment?

Cramping is usually caused by dehydration, so either lack of water intake or things that are diuretics like alcohol or caffeinated beverages could hurt.

Also, not replenishing fluids while playing could be an issue too...I played sports all my life and knew some players that didn't like drinking during games because they didn't like the feeling of water in their stomach sloshing around.

If you were cramping would you typically run back to the locker room by yourself without a trainer and tell the person at the door to hurry up and get out of your way?

If you had the runs, what are the answers to the above?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2