How Many Team Records Will Josh Allen Break in '20?

jwhit34

WIth 4 games to go, Josh Allen is within reach of many. How many of these will he break?

Bills current passing records:

Yards: Drew Bledsoe, 2002 - 4,359  Allen currently at 3,403

Passing TDs: Jim Kelly, 1991 - 33, Allen @ 26

Completion %: If use a minimum of 250 attempts, leader for full season is Trent Edwards in '08, 65.5%, Kelly Holcomb had 67.4% on 230 attempts in '05, Allen at 69.9%

Yards per attempt (min. 250 attempts): Jack Kemp in '64, 8.5 yards/att. (269 attempts in 14 games), Allen currently at 8.0

QB Rating (min. 250 attempts): Jim Kelly, 1990, 101.2, Allen currently at 105.9

Rushing TDs by a QB: Josh Allen, 2019 - 9, Allen currently has 6

I say he gets 4 out of 6: yards, passing TDs, completion % and QB rating.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh has also been setting single game records and ending bad Buffalo streaks.....

the recent ending of our losing on MNF is just the most recent, there are quite a few I think.

Each week we read about them post-game after wins....

It would be difficult finding all of them....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

These would be great.

However, the only thing I want to see is Josh  holding the Lombardi 

Trophy on Feb 7, 2021 

As much as I agree, Lets win a Divisional game first to shut up the haters. Then get to the AFC Championship.  I think Josh and this new Empire we are building is going to lead us to a few SB's but baby steps first.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

X factor in this - If we're locked into our playoff seed come week 17 you may see at least 3 quarters of Matt Barkley which may cause Josh to fall just short on a couple of these.

I wonder if it might be Fromm under those conditions.

• Like (+1) 2

It all depends on if and how much he plays week 17. If that game is meaningless in terms of seeding then it will be unlikely that he will get some of these records. But I do think he will break the records for completion Percentage and QB rating regardless of playing week 17.

If he does play week 17 then he should have a good shot at yards and passing TD's along with rushing TD's. The only one I think he has very little shot at is yards per attempt. But breaking 2-5 team records in one season is a good year esp if it comes with a division title. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Josh has also been setting single game records and ending bad Buffalo streaks.....

the recent ending of our losing on MNF is just the most recent, there are quite a few I think.

Each week we read about them post-game after wins....

It would be difficult finding all of them....

I know I can think of a particular four-game losing streak we would all like to see him end.

14 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If we beat the steelers I don't see us not competing for the 2 seed right through week 17.

Why though? If the division is wrapped up, but the 1 is not attainable, why would we fight for the 2? Only the 1 gets a first round bye.