Harrison Phillips Nominated For NFL Man Of The Year

Like A Mofo

40 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

I wish he were being nominated for DPOY.  Or at least that he played with a 'Zo-like impact (as appropriate for a different position)

Instead of fighting his way up from inactive to 20 to 30% of the snaps per game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wish he were being nominated for DPOY.  Or at least that he played with a 'Zo-like impact (as appropriate for a different position)

Instead of fighting his way up from inactive to 20 to 30% of the snaps per game.

I'm an eternal optimist (duh or I would be on some bandwagon fan site) but I think maybe we saw a little something out of Barely Adequate Harry against the 49ers?

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I'm an eternal optimist (duh or I would be on some bandwagon fan site) but I think maybe we saw a little something out of Barely Adequate Harry against the 49ers?

Last two games actually.  He's been able to take on double teams and move them backwards consistently.  Haven't seen him penetrate or tackle yet, but def. improvement on earlier this season.

Maybe he just wasn't physically back enough to be able to do it and they sat him to let him focus on getting stronger

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Last two games actually.  He's been able to take on double teams and move them backwards consistently.  Haven't seen him penetrate or tackle yet, but def. improvement on earlier this season.

Maybe he just wasn't physically back enough to be able to do it and they sat him to let him focus on getting stronger

I will be interested in the next few weeks because we always hear how hard it is to come back from injury - to trust your body will react correctly.  

Then to have to build up the NFL strength without a preseason and without scrimmages or extra padded practices- it is not surprising if he has struggled to get back to where he was.

He has looked better and gotten more playing time, but it really might not be until the off-season that he gets back into his old form.  It is just unfortunate based upon where he was going.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does anyone actually call you Beast in real life?

Just his wife... 😂

22 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Nice article.  Growing up on the West Side, I spent a lot of time at the Butler Mitchel back in the 60’s.  Great to see it’s still there, functioning, and the Bills still go there to support the community  - as they did in the 60’s.  

22 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well at least he’s still on the team. The New Jersey Jests cut their nominee 😂.