Bills-49ers Defensive Snap Counts are up. Make what you will of 'em.

On defense (click to embiggen).  Order  is 1st 2 col offense, col 3,4 defense, col 5,6 ST

image.png.4fd5239a9c7ea167181478cdd4dd4f54.png

Kinda looks like Klein losing snaps to MILANOOOOOOO and Zimmer losing snaps to Harry, who was up 5% from 25% to 30% of the snaps

Oliver and Butler still look like the go-to DT pairing

Surprised that Darryl Johnson took so many snaps at end

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

It's good to see the secondary fully healthy. Nobody outside of that nickel group is going to get too many snaps.

They used Milano as the situational pass rusher yesterday. They like him vs the pass better than Klein.

But still used much less than Klein or Edmunds.  Wonder how healthy he really is?

26 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

It's good to see the secondary fully healthy. Nobody outside of that nickel group is going to get too many snaps.

They used Milano as the situational pass rusher yesterday. They like him vs the pass better than Klein.

Edmunds and Milano are both never come off the field on D players when healthy.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

But still used much less than Klein or Edmunds.  Wonder how healthy he really is?

Edmunds plays his own position. It isnt either/or with him.

It's really Milano & Klein. No need to rush him back with how well Klein has been playing. Get him some light reps to ease back in. And it gives us a TON of different looks we can throw at opposing QBs.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Johnson made the most of his snaps.  Wallace must have compromising pictures of Frazier.  

I know he gets beat a bit. But he’s opposite an all pro so he’s gonna get all the action. He was in the neighborhood on most plays. Was really close to deflecting a few others. D line pressure was ok but not great. Wallace is the starter and with the possible exception of the rookie Jackson I think he’s our two cb. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

I know he gets beat a bit. But he’s opposite an all pro so he’s gonna get all the action. He was in the neighborhood on most plays. Was really close to deflecting a few others. D line pressure was ok but not great. Wallace is the starter and with the possible exception of the rookie Jackson I think he’s our two cb. 

Yeah, the CB opposite the top corner will get targeted a lot more. He has had moments where he’s looked good but some moments where he’s been toasted bad. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

On defense (click to embiggen).  Order  is 1st 2 col offense, col 3,4 defense, col 5,6 ST

Had to look up "embiggen" thinking it was clearly not a real word. 

Turns out it was actually recently added to the dictionary after first being heard on the Simpsons in 1996.

Learn something everyday. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Wallace was bad last night.  If Josh didn’t play out of his mind, he could’ve cost us the game.  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know where to find those numbers but I was convinced last week that his snaps were not only going up, but that he was being used in key, late game situations way more than he ever had in his time here.

I think he might be making a move up the depth chart, at least in the minds of his coaches.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.png.4fd5239a9c7ea167181478cdd4dd4f54.png

Kinda looks like Klein losing snaps to MILANOOOOOOO and Zimmer losing snaps to Harry, who was up 5% from 25% to 30% of the snaps

Oliver and Butler still look like the go-to DT pairing

Johnson was having an excellent game. At least two killer hits on ST and that tremendous TFL of nine yards. He earned his snaps. 

• Like (+1) 7