It's TJ time

jkx2

I was really high on Zack Moss being a Utah Alum and watched him alot but I'm not seeing the fire and he's also not that change up from Devin you'd like to see. I'd love to see Yeldon actived to see what he still can do. I'd like to have that bigger back to give usa good 1-2 pinch. Also he would have a fresh pair of legs and probably ready to go.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't see Moss losing any playing time over last night. I'm not sure Yeldon would make a difference in the run game, the run blocking isn't what it was last year. I think Moss bounces back, I did like the way he hit the hole on that run that got him dinged up. And I'm quite sure he wasn't happy with himself with the fumble. Give the kid a chance to atone

• Like (+1) 1

Yeldon will always be a head scratcher, especially when you see players like Mckissic in Washington. When things are clogged and just not working having that receiving back is pretty huge. Moss and motor seem to do ok but it was quite scary when they both went down in the first quarter and we only had Taiwan left. 

• Like (+1) 2

I've honestly liked Yeldon every time we've given him playing time, but Singletary and Moss are starting to run better behind this OL, and Moss was earning more and more reps with how hard he hits holes and being a bit more reliable in the passing game, before that fumble.  

Both RB's have shown improved ability in pass pro.  Moss had a phenomenal block a week or two ago and Singletary had a filthy block last night that led to a big play.  

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I don't see Moss losing any playing time over last night. I'm not sure Yeldon would make a difference in the run game, the run blocking isn't what it was last year. I think Moss bounces back, I did like the way he hit the hole on that run that got him dinged up. And I'm quite sure he wasn't happy with himself with the fumble. Give the kid a chance to atone

Agreed.  He was dinged and under pressure. He will learn.

McD might now think it was a mistake to put him in the game for that series.  

We need a 220lb back who can bounce off a tackle and fall forward for an extra yard.  Add a physical presence to the running game.  Yeldon is capable of providing that but will he.  He’s got 4 more games to earn another contract.  If I’m McDermott, I bring Yeldon into my office and challenge him to run like a mad men these last 4 games.  Give him the opportunity.  

• Like (+1) 4

Miss is still the same back he was... he’s a rookie on the Monday Night stage, and made a mistake.  It happens.   There’s zero reason to think he’s not gonna be in the game plan going forward. 

(unless he hurt his knee more than we know)

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

I was really high on Zack Moss being a Utah Alum and watched him alot but I'm not seeing the fire and he's also not that change up from Devin you'd like to see. I'd love to see Yeldon actived to see what he still can do. I'd like to have that bigger back to give usa good 1-2 pinch. Also he would have a fresh pair of legs and probably ready to go.

Why, would be shocked if he's back next year as based on how limited he's played, can't see him wanting to come back and can't see the Bills wanting to pay very much for someone inactive every week. These are the two the team drafted and will go with in the future, if they aren't completely happy could see him drafting a bruiser type RB, but doubt they have plans for Yeldon at all at this point since they haven't yet.

2 minutes ago, TN Bills Fan said:

Yeldon has little more speed than either Moss or Singletary.  You saw Singletary have a wide open edge last night and he got closed on quickly only making a couple yards.  Yeldon may add something they don't have at that position.

The one 4th down toss he did a stutter step and i was going to lose it.  You have the edge, just take the 2 yards and get the fresh set.  

Other than that, most of the runs outside it just seems like they're bottled up behind the LOS most of the time.  Backside run blitzes are preventing cutbacks etc.  

Speed isn't that important in rushing, its more about burst.  Speed gives you home runs, but burst and blocking gives you consistency.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I thought it was going to be about TJ Watt

I still remember last year when Watt threw a stiff punch trying to force a fumble. Hope he's on Allen's s**t list for that. As long as we have a good lead, take that boy to the woodshed just like he did Van Noy

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Why, would be shocked if he's back next year as based on how limited he's played, can't see him wanting to come back and can't see the Bills wanting to pay very much for someone inactive every week. These are the two the team drafted and will go with in the future, if they aren't completely happy could see him drafting a bruiser type RB, but doubt they have plans for Yeldon at all at this point since they haven't yet.

This is what everyone thought Moss was supposed to be.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I continue to believe that one of the mistakes of the McDermott era is constantly keeping Yeldon inactive in favor of an extra OL or ST player. He has a lot to offer this offense and has been almost completely wasted on this contract. It's very strange.

The offense as it functions now doesn't run a ton of passing plays through the RBs.  It's likely a practice time issue.