Week 13 SNF: Denver at KC

So spinning a football and looking at your opponent...15 yard penalty.  Arrogantly stopping at the goal line, turning around, and taunting your opponent...no penalty.  Got it.  Hill is a woman beating pile of crap...but that is forgotten because the Chiefs are the new Patriots.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

So spinning a football and looking at your opponent...15 yard penalty.  Arrogantly stopping at the goal line, turning around, and taunting your opponent...no penalty.  Got it.  Hill is a woman beating pile of crap...but that is forgotten because the Chiefs are the new Patriots.

I thought for a second they were going to call the play dead because Hill stopped trying to make forward progress. That would have been the correct result if the holding penalty hadn't called it back anyway.

Remember this one?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/24/steratore-says-watkins-gave-himself-up-on-final-play/

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I thought for a second they were going to call the play dead because Hill stopped trying to make forward progress. That would have been the correct result if the holding penalty hadn't called it back anyway.

Remember this one?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/24/steratore-says-watkins-gave-himself-up-on-final-play/

Hate the giving himself up stuff. Shouldn’t be in the rules anywhere. Let the actions speak. In the Watkins example, if the guy gets out of bounds, he’s out of bounds. They always talk about simplifying officiating and never do. Everything should be absolutely black and white. Officials are there to enforce the rules, not create them. 

On another note, Colinsworth endless slobbering over Mahomes is unbearable. I say it every week I feel, but good god someone needs to tell this guy how annoying he is. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Hate that punt for Denver. Conservative coaching is a death sentence when facing a high powered offense. 

Fangio is a horrible head coach. No clue how he keeps his job after this season. I’d be shocked if Elway doesn’t send him packing. Broncos can do way better than Fangio. 

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Hate the giving himself up stuff. Shouldn’t be in the rules anywhere. Let the actions speak. In the Watkins example, if the guy gets out of bounds, he’s out of bounds. They always talk about simplifying officiating and never do. Everything should be absolutely black and white. Officials are there to enforce the rules, not create them. 

Hey, I'm no fan of the rule. But Hill stood stationary for a couple seconds before his backflip. I think in other circumstances, like running backwards to try to kill the clock, etc., similar actions result in a whistle.

Plus it would teach him not to do that again...

Just now, HappyDays said:

Chiefs are now back to the spot on the field where the Broncos punted from. What an unpredictable outcome.

Exactly. Needed a stop whether the Chiefs got the ball at the 50 or the 25. Horrible decision, but Fangio has never been a good coach. 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Hey, I'm no fan of the rule. But Hill stood stationary for a couple seconds before his backflip. I think in other circumstances, like running backwards to try to kill the clock, etc., similar actions result in a whistle.

Plus it would teach him not to do that again...

Oh I’m all for anything that hurts the Chiefs 😂