Bills QB Josh Allen was once brutally snubbed by an SF Giants player, and has never forgotten it

Sorry if this already has been posted. It didn't come up in a search of posts the last week. Please remove if needed.

Speculation the Giants player is Jeff Kent in article below:

Article excerpt:

Bills QB Josh Allen was once brutally snubbed by an SF Giants player, and has never forgotten it (sfgate.com)

"Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen grew up in Firebaugh, a small town outside Fresno, and was both a San Francisco 49ers and San Francisco Giants fan as a kid.

He retained his love for the 49ers, stating that prior to his final year at the University of Wyoming in 2017 he wanted nothing more than to be drafted by the team. But his love for the Giants may have cooled a bit following an incident involving a young Allen and an unnamed Giants player after one of the team's home games.

[...]

Brown said that he would "put lots of money" on the mystery monster being Jeff Kent, which checks out. Kent of course was once kicked off his high school baseball team for an "attitude problem" and fought Bonds in the dugout during the 2002 season."

Edited by Prepare to Die
  • Like (+1) 6

11 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Am i the only one who, at first glance, processed this as :

Bills QB Josh Allen was once brutally stabbed by an SF Giants player

Very Bad Juju.  Drop and give us 20 then never do it again.

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm pretty sure Allen shared this story a while ago, like his first year.

Yes, he did

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Jeff Kent and Will Clark were both gigantic douche bags.

My guess was immediately Clark.

*But, considering his age, the player was likely a Giant in 2003, no?

Change my guess to JT Snow. 

Edited by Paulus

3 hours ago, Prepare to Die said:

Brown said that he would "put lots of money" on the mystery monster being Jeff Kent, which checks out. Kent of course was once kicked off his high school baseball team for an "attitude problem" and fought Bonds in the dugout during the 2002 season."

Funny how Kent is the douche for fighting the biggest cheater in the history of sports.  Home Run King my a$$.  Bonds couldn't hold Henry Aaron's jockstrap.

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Buftex said:

Am i the only one who, at first glance, processed this as :

Bills QB Josh Allen was once brutally stabbed by an SF Giants player

Twice!!

• Like (+1) 1

Don't care what player it is, dude doesn't deserve to be crucified for it.... but is a helluva reminder why we love off the field Josh so much. I've always noticed how good he is with the kids especially at training camp, sincere dude! He got a little emotional too, a guy we can all identify with in alot of ways.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

It could literally be a guy having a bad day. Unless the dude comes forward, no way of knowing. 

11 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Don't care what player it is, dude doesn't deserve to be crucified for it.... but is a helluva reminder why we love off the field Josh so much. I've always noticed how good he is with the kids especially at training camp, sincere dude! He got a little emotional too, a guy we can all identify with in alot of ways.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with players not doing it and it's hardly surprising if it happens sometimes the real story is the impression it had on Josh and how it effected how he acts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1