Week 11 Around the League

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

Right now, Colts would beat us 7 times out of 10. Josh would outscore them in a few, but they are way better defensively and more physical.  Rivers would kill us underneath and they’d pound it on us. Pettine and Frazier are basically the same person.  Bend but don’t break defenses don’t work anymore.  Not sure they ever did but when teams don’t punt on 4th and short anymore, it kills that defense.  

We have been played mobile QB’s, I think we get to PR. 

17 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

They had a shot at Herbert and chose not to. Huge mistake and Texans likely pick 6-10 so doubt anyone is going to be as good as Herbert once Clemson kid goes to Jets or Jags. This tryout for Tua is irresponsible and may cost them playoffs. 

It likely doesn't. Fitzpatrick has the third highest interception rate in the league and turns it over too much to get Miami in, so thinking here is that if That is better than Fitzpatrick they will get in anyway and if he's not or if he can't play, they'll explore options in and off season where they have tons of extra capital.

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

we’d get the Browns, wouldn’t we?  3-6 matchup.

Yeah we'd get the browns in the three-six matchup because Pittsburgh gets the bye there.

Just now, High Football IQ said:

Probably the worst possible match up for the Bills given the circumstances.

But given how loaded the conference not sure there is truly a easy match up out there because even the #2 vs #7 matchup will likely be between fairly equally matched teams.

I agree they have great D bad weather and can run. Not sure they shake out #6. But not best match up. 6 games left and so much can happen. 

11 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

It likely doesn't. Fitzpatrick has the third highest interception rate in the league and turns it over too much to get Miami in, so thinking here is that if That is better than Fitzpatrick they will get in anyway and if he's not or if he can't play, they'll explore options in and off season where they have tons of extra capital.

Yeah we'd get the browns in the three-six matchup because Pittsburgh gets the bye there.

I think my biggest point is that Herbert has demonstrated he was the better pick. But Dolphins 🐬 as currently constructed are the least talented O in the playoff hunt and it’s not close. Had they taken Herbert added another WR and RB in first round then suddenly next year they compete with anyone. 

2 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

I think my biggest point is that Herbert has demonstrated he was the better pick. But Dolphins 🐬 as currently constructed are the least talented O in the playoff hunt and it’s not close. Had they taken Herbert added another WR and RB in first round then suddenly next year they compete with anyone. 

Fair, but both are good prospects.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Probably the worst possible match up for the Bills given the circumstances.

But given how loaded the conference not sure there is truly a easy match up out there because even the #2 vs #7 matchup will likely be between fairly equally matched teams.

Are you kidding me?  The Browns would be a dream matchup.  They may be the worst 7-3 team of all time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Right now, Colts would beat us 7 times out of 10. Josh would outscore them in a few, but they are way better defensively and more physical.  Rivers would kill us underneath and they’d pound it on us. Pettine and Frazier are basically the same person.  Bend but don’t break defenses don’t work anymore.  Not sure they ever did but when teams don’t punt on 4th and short anymore, it kills that defense.  

Strange how there is such a strong anti-Rivers sentiment on this board

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

I like Herbert.  But I think at this point it's early days to pronounce which pick is better.  Who was the best QB drafted in 2018, as seen 10 games into the 2018 season?

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Are you kidding me?  The Browns would be a dream matchup.  They may be the worst 7-3 team of all time.

Dolphins are the best, realistic, matchup and it's not even close. But yes the browns would also be a nice one. Would like to avoid titans/colts.