Did Mitch Morse play yesterday?

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Was active but it looked like Feliciano was at center the whir game. Not sure anyone said why... 

Probably falls under the "Just because you can doesnt mean you should" category.

Good that he cleared protocol, but another week of rest to be followed by a bye week, is probably best for Mitch and his brain.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Probably falls under the "Just because you can doesnt mean you should" category.

Good that he cleared protocol, but another week of rest to be followed by a bye week, is probably best for Mitch and his brain.

This. Morse is at the point where any further concussions could end his career.

Better Safe than sorry. Heal up across the board over these next two weeks and come back fresh and ready to go on a run. 4-2 with wins over LA, DEN, SF, and NE or MIA puts us at 11-5 and likely division winners.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

Somewhat unrelated, but I don't want to start a new thread just for this ...

I think the reason we lost vs AZ was the Guard play from both spots.

Costly penalties, no push in the ground game, Josh couldn't step up on throws.

If you look closely on the INTs, Josh couldn't get solid footing. The AZ interior ate us up all day.

Here's hoping we can get Morse back after the Bye and slide Mongo back to Guard. He's been a good G, but I'm excited to see him, Morse, and Dawkins eat.

• Like (+1) 8

Wonder if the Bills will bring in the former starting guard from Minnesota that just got cut for a look, Elflein...3rd round pick out of Ohio State...he had been the starter until he got hurt, came back and they stuck with the guy who replaced him...still young, looks like it might be good depth at least...likely better than Boettiger...

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think Ford is on the bench now when he's healthy. I'd rather have Winters.

Ford and Winters are both playing equally average to below average right now. The tie should go to the younger player. See if he can develop.

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Wonder if the Bills will bring in the former starting guard from Minnesota that just got cut for a look, Elflein...3rd round pick out of Ohio State...he had been the starter until he got hurt, came back and they stuck with the guy who replaced him...still young, looks like it might be good depth at least...likely better than Boettiger...

We know they’ll look at him. Might be a good practice squad addition. Diggs can probably give a little insight into him and help recruit if there’s interest. 

25 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I actually really like Ike Boettger.. Bates is a nice backup guy I’d like to see us keep around too.. those guys are great depth... Ford will get another chance though...

Boettger is a RFA so they can keep him for a small amount.  Bates is under contract for another year and then a RFA.  As I said in the other thread, keeping Williams is the priority, even over Mongo.  And I'd keep Ford at OG and let him learn/develop there.

BTW, Ford was inactive yesterday.  Morse was active but didn't play, likely for precautionary sake.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Boettger is a RFA so they can keep him for a small amount.  Bates is under contract for another year and then a RFA.  As I said in the other thread, keeping Williams is the priority, even over Mongo.  And I'd keep Ford at OG and let him learn/develop there.

BTW, Ford was inactive yesterday.  Morse was active but didn't play, likely for precautionary sake.

I think I agree.. we only have two good tackles on the roster but we have 4 decent guards.. makes sense..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He was active but as far as I can tell he did not play.

Tasker basically said this regarding Morse: probably active in case of emergency, but given the position of the bye week and Morse’s history of concussions their preference was probably to give him as much time as possible to recover before being put in a game situation.

• Like (+1) 1

If I recall correctly, Joe B. graded out Ford prior to his injury and after a 2 or 3 of his games indicated Ford was doing nicely in his Guard position and said that the Bills should stop the Tackle experiment and just cement him in the Guard position. I don't have a link to The Athletic because I don't have a subscription but believe I saw several Tweets from Joe B. If I'm mistaken, I apologize but if anyone else has access to it, maybe they can post the link? 

Between Boettger & Winters, Ike is the much better player. I don't care about left side vs right side, if one of them plays, it should be Ike all day, every day. Mongo/Boettger at OG is light years ahead of Boettger/Winters. We need Morse to stay healthy.