What will a Jon Feliciano and Daryl Williams extension look like?

First I must say, Jon Feliciano has been a huge factor in the run game.. it seems that when he is out we’re getting 2/3ypc but when he’s in Moss/Singletary are breaking huge runs and they have huge creases and lanes to run through.. Definitely feel like he is an above average guard and an excellent backup center in the event that Morse goes down...

Daryl Williams OTOH has been playing at a very high level this year.. He has been very good on that right side of the line.. I think of all our free agent signings this offseason minus Stefon Diggs, Williams by far has been the most impressive.. Allen has had a fantastic pocket all year for him to step into... Dawkins, Morse and Williams giving him plenty of time..

So, if we were looking to extend Williams and Feliciano, what do you guys think their contracts would look like?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I imagine for Feliciano they will look at the sort of deal they gave Spain before their falling out. 

Williams is tricky. I suspect he will be highly sought after. People forget he was a 2nd team all pro at RT before injury with Carolina. He will get paid I fear. 

What kind of money do top RTs get paid?

Sadly, I think Williams will get 13+ mill a year.  Former 2nd team all pro.

Feliciano- 3 years 18 mill.  That’s what we gave Aj Klein.

the lack of quality OTs causes someone to overpay 

Edited by NewEra

After last year everyone was talking about Milano vs Dawkins....it could come down to Milano vs Williams. If Klein and Edmunds can play another couple of good games together, we may get our answer on Milano. 
$10-13mil a year for a Very good RT is a much wiser investment than a banged up LB’er.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 4

The OL has been the unsung hero of this passing attack so far this year. They have been far from perfect but have held up respectably. Allen makes this all the more interesting. Having a big-bodied, elusive and mobile quarter back may play into the Williams deal, IMO. They paid Morse. They paid Dawk. They have a few big contracts on the horizon. Beane is going to have to prioritize where he continues to dish out $$ and I think the OL will likely be a spot we don't see many more, if any, large/long contracts.

On a side note: Beane has been pretty outstanding at bringing in competitive and serviceable OLmen since he first walked onto the job. I imagine he likes he chance in FA of signing guys to plug holes, as we've seen with Mongo, Spain, Boettger, Bodine, Winters, etc.

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

After last year everyone was talking about Milano vs Dawkins....it could come down to Milano vs Williams. If Klein and Edmunds can play another couple of good games together, we may get our answer on Milano. 

I think I’d rather have Williams over Milano.. gotta protect the franchise..

• Like (+1) 1

You can probably kiss Williams goodbye; if he stays healthy he’s a $14M AAV on the open market.

Mongo you’ve got a shot. He may take a similar deal to Spain with a slight bump in total and guarantees.

My guess is that they get Mongo done and re-sign Nsekhe to play RT.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

$10-13mil a year for a Very good RT is a much wiser investment than a banged up LB’er.

I think they’re both goners to be honest. With the cap dropping and the relative ease of filling RT and off-ball LB, they’re more likely to let them walk and take the comp picks. Bring back Ty at RT and draft a few LBs.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think they’re both goners to be honest. With the cap dropping and the relative ease of filling RT and off-ball LB, they’re more likely to let them walk and take the comp picks. Bring back Ty at RT and draft a few LBs.

Nsekhe has hardly played in the year and a half with the Bills,  I can't imagine when he turns 36, he'll be counted on to be our RT if we lose Williams. Doesn't make much sense.

• Like (+1) 2

With so many questions about the cap and the effect of the pandemic economy, players can't all expect to cash in. Certainly not become the "highest paid" at every position. I wonder if the Bills could get creative with some one-year bridge deals?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Nsekhe has hardly played in the year and a half with the Bills,  I can't imagine when he turns 36, he'll be counted on to be our RT if we lose Williams. Doesn't make much sense.

He had taken over the starting RT job from Ford when he got hurt, and had played more snaps than Ford at RT through 9 games. He hasn’t barely played, and he’s low mileage for a guy that’s 36.

Sure, you probably want to draft someone to compete and eventually take over, but for the sake of having a starting caliber tackle that knows the offense and is trusted by the QB and other OLmen, you can do a heckuva lot worse.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He had taken over the starting RT job from Ford when he got hurt, and had played more snaps than Ford at RT through 9 games. He hasn’t barely played, and he’s low mileage for a guy that’s 36.

Sure, you probably want to draft someone to compete and eventually take over, but for the sake of having a starting caliber tackle that knows the offense and is trusted by the QB and other OLmen, you can do a heckuva lot worse.

Do you think the give him a one year contract for what he has been making ($5 Million)?

Ty is an UFA next year too and Ike B is a RFA.

The cap is the same for everyone though...  I don’t understand how we, a team that has managed the cap pretty well, is going to be unable to resign anyone (I’m being dramatic), yet we’re going to lose all our guys to who?.... Teams like the Jets can’t sign everyone, and they’ll probably blow their cap on a WR, if one should shake free.  

I understand we have a LT, WR and CB paid, along with upcoming contracts for Allen and Edmunds, but half the teams in the league are far more overextended than we are.  

I can see us pulling a Phillips/Lawson with Milano, and potentially losing some depth guys, but we can resign Feliciano and Williams....and absolutely should.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

They would be wise to try and extend Williams now.  It would be nice to tag him for a year but they make no distinction between LT and RT so that is not going to work.

Best guess is that Milano and Williams will be gone. They will keep Feliciano. They will draft OT in top 3 rounds next year (along with two front 7 defenders) and give Ford another shot to win RT spot.  

I think they like Bates as a potentially RT option. 

Williams will be in the $8-$12M range on the open market. I don’t think he’s back, unfortunately. Awesome move by Beane and Williams has been great... my guess would be Beane just signed another Carolina O-lineman and crosses his fingers like he always does!