Josh Allen vs Cover 0

Protocal69

58 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/11/10/21556501/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-has-a-plan-to-beat-the-blitz-with-plays-like-gold-rip-analysis

Great Article regarding how Allen is beating cover 0 blitzes now. 

Josh is starting to have ALL the answers. 

They gonna need to change the play calls now

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They gonna need to change the play calls now

Yeah I think Gold is played out...unless they start using Gold to mean something else and catch the defense thinking it is going to be that screen to Brown...

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah I think Gold is played out...unless they start using Gold to mean something else and catch the defense thinking it is going to be that screen to Brown...

Omaha.  Everyone seems to use that one 🙂 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I think Cover 0 is something that NFL offenses now have the answers to and you will see it less frequently 

I think cover 0 is already used infrequently, because it is a very boom-or-bust coverage. Young and inexperienced QBs often have a hard time diagnosing and attacking it which is why Josh was seeing it a lot. 

10 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

That seems pretty good.....but does PFF agree??

Haha Sam likes Josh this week

Apparently he's decided that instead of throwing "interceptable balls", Josh "can rifle the ball into some crazy-tight windows, his athleticism is absurd, he’s got almost Cam Newton-esque physical traits. The size, the speed, the strength to just shuck off would-be tacklers – if he can maintain that level, if he can get back to that level of performance and play there consistently, he’s genuinely one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL."

But of course there's a caveat: "His only kind of question at this point is how consistently can he do that?”

Mercury is still in retrograde, Sam.

13 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/11/10/21556501/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-has-a-plan-to-beat-the-blitz-with-plays-like-gold-rip-analysis

Great Article regarding how Allen is beating cover 0 blitzes now. 

Josh is starting to have ALL the answers. 

Defences are slowly running out of ways to defend Allen. He’s still young and he doesn’t have all the answers yet but he will soon. Allen is the QB we have been waiting 2+ decades for. 

• Like (+1) 2